4 and 5 day passes now must show ID and use separate entrance

ttig34

DIS Veteran
Per someone on another board. They also had a pic of the signage stating this.

New Disneyland policy starting today.....
4 and 5 day passes must use separate entrances where they check ID and enter the name in the computer.

Here is my photo from today....
002a-5.jpg

I don't have a problem with showing ID along with my ticket.
However, only two turnstiles? That seems like it will create a HUGE problem.
Disney might have to re-think a few things.

Geemo

That means they can start offering longer ticket hoppers again since they will herd you through those turnstiles and check your ID everyday, right? :rolleyes1

So, I have an Annual Pass and my sisters will have 4-day passes. Can we go in the same turnstile?
APs can probably go through 4/5 PH line, but not visa versa, that's my guess.
I don't have a problem with showing ID along with my ticket.
However, only two turnstiles? That seems like it will create a HUGE problem.
Disney might have to re-think a few things.

Geemo
This!!

Disney should set-up every turnstiles to verify ALL tickets or pass with ID upon entrance to the parks. Not just two!

I'd like to see a few pictures of those two lines in the morning.
Whoaaaa Nellie, they might be pretty long.

Do you think they'll be as long as the RSR line?

For those in line 15 and 16 enjoy the park once your make it through the gate. I'll be thinking about ya!

Geemo

Anyone use a 6 day pass, and if so, did you have to use those two gates?

Wow, I was already thinking of upgrading our 5 day PH tickets to AP's, this may have sealed the deal!! I don't want to stand in that line! :scared1:

For those in line 15 and 16 enjoy the park once your make it through the gate. I'll be thinking about ya!

Geemo

Great. That'll be my family for the next five days (starting tomorrow). I'll try to report back about how much fun we had in the "special" line.

Jill

Great. That'll be my family for the next five days (starting tomorrow). I'll try to report back about how much fun we had in the "special" line.

Jill

Great, would like to hear some first hand reports on how well it works (or doesn't)...

Hmm, I wonder tho... are there really that many more people with 4, 5 (and I am assuming) 6 day passes than single, 2, 3, or AP... maybe the lines won't be too bad. I am happy to show my ID with my 6 day parkhopper!!

I don't get it. Why the ID? We had 5 day park hoppers and our names were certainly not on our tickets sooooo...what is the point of this?

I don't get it. Why the ID? We had 5 day park hoppers and our names were certainly not on our tickets sooooo...what is the point of this?
You will be required to sign your ticket, print your name, and show ID to verify you own that ticket. The point is to stop people from sharing tickets.

Now they are really pushing for guests to sign the backs of their tickets for ID purposes, so I suppose they could match the signatures to the ID's. Also, for some tickets, your name IS printed on the ticket. This is true for military tickets and I have read on these boards that in the last year, a few guests have purchased normal tickets at the parks the day of their trip and that their names were printed on the tickets.

I expect that will be part of the process, having the guest write his/her name on the ticket at first use at the turnstile and then showing ID for every entrance thereafter. I think Disney has finally gotten serious about putting an end to the ticket sharing business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter