• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 days is 2 day EP enough

mspencer

Earning My Ears
Headed there the end of March and have 4 day tickets. Have a Thurs night booked at Royal Pacific but only other hotel with EP is available Monday night. Is 2 days with EP enough over busy spring break week or should I book the Monday night at Portofino as well and split nights even more with hotel. Or is there a game plan to go with that hits rides with less lines for 2 days and go back with EP for other rides. What is my best game plan

I think you'll do fine w/ 2 days EP and 2 days not. There are quite a few things for which you cannot use EP anyways - Hagrids, shows, exploring the various areas, playing games, shopping. And same as any other park, most rides have short lines early in the day and late in the day. So you're really looking at 2 mid-days that it'll really matter.

Are you planning to stay onsite at cheaper hotels the other 2 days for Early Entry?
And, do you go back to the hotel for a mid day break? Hours are pretty long that week.

Just keep in mind that each night at a deluxe resort will net you two days of EP - so if you are staying Thursday night you can have EP all day Thursday and all day Friday. If you have a Monday reservation that will get you all day Monday and all day Tuesday. Not sure when your exact dates are for your trip, but this could allow you 4 park days with EP. You could take off Sat-Sun to do pool, Citiwalk, etc.? It might be better to avoid the weekends during spring break - it will be crazy and stressful without EP.

Headed there the end of March and have 4 day tickets. Have a Thurs night booked at Royal Pacific but only other hotel with EP is available Monday night. Is 2 days with EP enough over busy spring break week or should I book the Monday night at Portofino as well and split nights even more with hotel. Or is there a game plan to go with that hits rides with less lines for 2 days and go back with EP for other rides. What is my best game plan

We just did M-F with 2 days without EP followed by 3 days with. On the 2 days without we did slower restaurants, some shopping, and got the lay of the land, plus rode Hagrids and anything with reasonable wait times. Then when we had EP, we rode and re-rode everything we wanted. It was plenty of time, and I think 2 days EP will be fine.

This is what we're doing. Sunday (arrival day), Monday and Tuesday, no EP. We plan to scope out the park, hop on rides with low-sh wait times, see a show or two, play with the interactive windows, eat some treats, etc. We're also staying at Cabana Bay, so the lazy river might be calling my name in the afternoons. Then we'll have EP on Wednesday and Thursday, and we'll use those days for riding and re-riding our favorites. I don't know if we'll really NEED them, but having EP is the best way to improve our MIB scores.

Last time we went, we started with EP, and after two days we felt like we'd really "done everything" we wanted to in the parks. The second two days of our trip were really laid back, as we repeated some of those things and took in shows, etc. My opinion is that 2 days with EP or 4 days without EP is sufficient to do most things during most of the year.

Also remember that spring break has not only larger crowds, but longer hours. Including EPA, you will have 15 hours a day in the parks. If you go at a less busy time, you would only have 10 or 11. Take advantage of EPA, monitor the virtual line situation (have multiple people in your party trying to grab a place from different phones), and watch the wait times on the app so you can jump on rides with lower waits. Take a break in the middle of the day when the park is most crowded, and go back in the evening when it starts to empty out. Use the non-EP days to watch the entertainment and do character meets. Right now it's 9pm for a 10pm closing, and I just checked the app for ride times. Hagrid's is virtual line, Gringotts is 90 minutes, and everything else is 25 minutes or less. That's a Sunday night during spring break. Not too bad, if you're willing to stay late in the park.

Last edited:
so we just got back from a 4 day trip with only 2 days of EPs as first timers to USO. 2 days is enough to get everything done with EP, but it is so nice to have EPs the entire stay if $$ allows because it is so much less tiring. the first 2 days we explored and got a lay of the land (1 ride on day1 and 5 rides on day2 with getting there at 8am. we did get a virtual line pass for Hagrid but it was down the entire day). EP do not work on Hagrid and we were able to get to ride our last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter