• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 Q's about MK Rides, Please Help

disneygirl198

Mousekeeter
1)What are your favorite rides?
2) Are the parades and show really good or should I go to rides during them?
3) Is the Haunted Mansion really scary?
4)Does Splash Mountain have seat belts? Something to hold on to?
Please help, Thanks!

1. Haunted Mansion.
2. Nighttime parades are excellent, daytime ones merely good.
3. More funny than scary IMO. Some young ones don't like the Stretching Room.
4. Splash has lap bars, only recently installed.

1)What are your favorite rides? My favorites are Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Splash Mountain, and Carousel of Progress
2) Are the parades and show really good or should I go to rides during them?I love Main Street Electrical Parade
3) Is the Haunted Mansion really scary?More spooky- definitely not scary
Please help, Thanks!
Lap bars... unfortunately. Just added.

Hope this helps

Please help, Thanks!

I love: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mtn and Peter Pan!
Night parades are great...day are ok, I have never seen a show there.
2 out of 3 of my kids ages 6-1 found HM scary...the older one now loves it. Nothing jumps out at you, although I wouln't call it "silly" (I don't think)
Second the lap bars on Splash Mtn...

Please help, Thanks!

I'm not sure if you are referring to adults or children..so I will answer both.
1) Favorites are..all! I was listing my favorites and realized I was listing all of them!:rotfl: We usually don't do Country Bears, not sure why. Also haven't done Astro Orbiter, kind of high for me. My boys who are little, 4 and almost 2enjoyed the rides also.
2) We go to the evening parades, spectro magic, electric etc. Haven't really gone to the afternoon ones. It's can be hot and we are usually doing other things. But we love the night ones.
3) Haunted Mansion is not designed to be "scary" but rather fun scary. The ride is dark but you are sitting in a doom buggy while looking at all the scary things. There are no people who jump out at you if that's what you are thinking about. My 4 year old did fine but not saying all little kids would be good. My son didn't like how dark it was.
4) Love Splash Mountain! No seat belts but you can hang on to a bar in front. There isn't anything over your lap. Again, my 4 year old did fine but didn't want to ride again, ;)
Hope this helps?? Any other thoughts let me know!

A) Pirates Of The Carribbean

A) Daytime parade is magical, always magical love em... nighttime parade is all lit up and nice. dream along with mickey is a show in MK and its defo worth a watch it kind of sets the scene for the park IMO always see that before any of the rides in MK

A) the walkthrough section with the stretch room and the cast members presence are quite intense for smaller children, once into the ride they begin to tell you that they are friendly ghosts so to speak and their all comedic elements to the graveyard scene. you know your kids well so maybe watch a youtube video before going on with your little ones. not sure if this ride has a chicken exit like some of the rides in MK

A) lapbelts recently installed, also a bar to hold onto i believe, this is a ride ive never been on so not 100% certain.

Please help, Thanks!

Favorite Rides -- Big Thunder Mtn RR (although going under rehab) because it's fun, fast, thrilling but not too thrilling for DS at age 4-5-6. Splash Mtn because the theming is great and the last big drop isn't so bad. We like to ride both several times in a row. If going late at night or during the parade or fireworks, we have been able to stay on the ride without getting off and back in line (Splash Mtn) or back on quickly (BTMRR). I like Space Mtn too but DW and DS not so crazy about it (fast, jerky, mostly all in the dark) Haunted Mansion is fun, very classic.

Parades and Shows -- The 3pm parade is OK once. Love the fireworks. The best shows/entertainment are the Main St. performers (Dapper Dans, Philharmonic, Casey's piano player, etc.). The music is great. We caught the trolley car coming out (by the firehouse) and were invited to ride it to the Castle with the Dapper Dans singing on the back. Ask a CM about it, the times for this isn't published. Push - the talking trash can - was also hilarious.

Haunted Mansion -- Scary is subjective. Before getting on the doom buggy, there's the shrinking room and it goes all dark with strobe lights briefly. There are ghosts on the ride but no one jumping out or screaming at you. DS liked it at age 3 and 4. A little scared at 5... then perfectly fine at 6.

Splash Mtn -- yes, they have a lap bar now but not really needed. For a great picture, go during low crowd (late at night, during parade, etc.). DS and I were able to sit in our own boat. Another Picture Tip... the camera doesn't always snap the picture at the same point. We went several times... Sitting in the front row... DS was barely in the picture (when in a frame)... 2nd row much better. Fun ride!!!

1. Most of the rides I love!!! My favorites would be CoP, PoTC and the Tiki Room.

2. I was just there the end of Oct, begining of Nov and I was usually not a fan of the afternoon parades before, but we saw the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade and it is really cute!!!! If you are in the HUB, you can dance in the street with the dancers and characters. My friends and I had a great time dancing in the street (we are all over the age of 27). I like the night parades, but I wasn't as impressed with the MSEP. I guess I am just one of some that love Spectromagic.

3. The worst part of the Haunted Mansion is the stretching room...the one part I love is how they changed the ending of the ride where the ghosts that show up in your doom buggy (not actually, just a hologram) actually interacts with the guests.

4. As PP mentioned they added lap bars. I haven't been on it since they have added these. When we were there this last trip, our day at MK was colder and overcast, so we didn't want to get wet and be cold the whole day.

See, I think the most "scary" part of the HM is the graveyard at the end. It's actually quite comical and there are all these details to look at, but there are those corpses that pop up. My one DD doesn't like the startled feeling, even though you know they're there it still makes you jump.

That said, my kids have done HM since their first trips and have never actually been scared. It's one of our favorite attractions in all the parks.

My all time favorite ride (from my own childhood and now) is BTMRR. :goodvibes
Pirates, Space Mtn, HM, Peter Pan, and IaSW are some of our family favorites.

See, I think the most "scary" part of the HM is the graveyard at the end. It's actually quite comical and there are all these details to look at, but there are those corpses that pop up. My one DD doesn't like the startled feeling, even though you know they're there it still makes you jump.

That said, my kids have done HM since their first trips and have never actually been scared. It's one of our favorite attractions in all the parks.

My all time favorite ride (from my own childhood and now) is BTMRR. :goodvibes
Pirates, Space Mtn, HM, Peter Pan, and IaSW are some of our family favorites.

Just goes to show you how different "scary" is to different people. I barely notice them, and it seems like they never pop up in front of me--which I find disappointing. :goodvibes

And I agree with every one of your favorites.

1)What are your favorite rides? The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, the people mover
2) Are the parades and show really good or should I go to rides during them? We enjoy the night time parade but ride things during the other events. The daytime parade is nice and so are the fireworks but we'd rather stay on the rides
3) Is the Haunted Mansion really scary? The entry area (stretching room) could scare kids but the rest is pretty tame. It's a wonderful ride.
4)Does Splash Mountain have seat belts? Something to hold on to? Yes, but lap bars instead of seat belts. :)

Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, Snow White (closing :-() Carousel of Progress.
2) Are the parades and show really good or should I go to rides during them? It depends on how much time you have. I really like the parades and shows, but they don't change much over the years, so for us we didn't even intend to see the 3pm parade this year, but we happenned upon it and watched most of it anyway. If you have kids, they will love it.
3) Is the Haunted Mansion really scary? Nope. It's funny/jokey. There are a few scary moments, but it's nothing like any other haunted house. Can it still scare children? Yes. But the theme song says "Grim, Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize". the punchline is that the ghosts are friendly. I disagree that the graveyard is scary. I think that's where all the humor/fun comes in.
4)Does Splash Mountain have seat belts? Something to hold on to? No seatbelts. They recently installed lap bars which are honestly not necessary. You can definitely hold on if you'd like but I recommend putting both arms up and looking straight out!!! Don't skip Splash even if you are nervous. It's really not scary and the theming inside is phenomenal. My DH was terrified of Splash but I made him go on it and he LOVES it.
Please help, Thanks!

Please help, Thanks!

1. Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tiki Room (show, not a ride, but oh well), Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Splash Mountain, People Mover
2. I personally never make time for the afternoon parades, I don't want to take time out of my day for them. If you have never seen one, however, I think everyone should see one at least once. I always make time for the nighttime parade and the fireworks at least once each trip though.
3. For adults and anyone over the age of about 7; no, not at all. The first time I took my two younger kids, we just watched videos of the ride (YouTube, etc) over and over beforehand so they would be prepared, and reminded them once we got there that the ghosts were just all pretend and silly. Remember, Disney World is Mickey Mouse's house, and Mickey would never let anything hurt you!
4. Lap bar, yes; seat belts, no. Other than the big drop there's no need for them, and even then G Forces keep you in place. The lap bars were installed more to keep idiots (who insisted on trying to see if they could get away with standing up during the ride) in their seats.

1)My favorite rides at MK are many. HM pirates, Dumbo, Philaharmagic (not a ride but love love love), Peter Pan and It's a Small World. I love Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and I am deathly afraid of heights. Tried Space Mountain once, and was a little scared and very jerky for me I screamed my head off. I really love them all love the whole park, some things better than others Country bears and Tiki birds are nostalgia. I loved the Hall of Presidents and cried last year when I saw it.
2)The evening Electric Parade and fireworks are a must, I would probably skip the day parades and do rides instead however they are cute
I forget the 3rd question
4)Splash has a small bar to hold on the last drop is the hardest part for me but the whole ride is great!!!! I just close my eyes

Please help, Thanks!

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mickey's Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh :goodvibes

2. Really depends on you. Me, I like them. I also like trying to catch some of the street shows, if possible. Times aren't always listed for those, but we keep an eye open.

3. No.

4. No seat belts, but there is a lap bar to hang onto. Really, it looks way worse than it is. You're in no danger of falling out, unless you try to stand up.

Please help, Thanks!

1. Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Space Mt, TTA, CoP..those are my 'must do' attractions.

2. Well, I seldom stop for the afternoon parade anymore...been there done that. But if you have never seen it, then by all means stop and watch. But, be aware...lots of people will have been saving their spot for an hour or so. You may have to find a less than perfect spot to watch from unless you are willing to stand in a 'special' spot for at least 30 mins. The evening parade is different. I try to watch it each trip. But, I refuse to give up an hour or more to 'save' that perfect spot. I just stop where I am and watch at that point.

3. I don't think so. I guess if you're afraid of the dark then it might be. My dd started going on it when she was almost 6. She was scared then. But as she got older, it lost it's scarieness. At least until she was 13..then something happened (she can't explain it) and she just melted down in tears half way through the ride. But, now, at 18, it's just another 'fun' ride we have to do each visit.

4. No, Splash Mt doesn't have seatbelts. It does have a lap bar though. But in all reality, nothing is needed to hold you in. Centrifugal force pretty much does that for you No need to worry about falling out.

Winnie the Pooh, Its a Small World, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, and Country Bears

We prefer rides to parades/shows, so we normally do rides, but it seems like most people really love the night parades and fireworks. I've never seen a day parade.

I think the scariest thing for kids is getting on - the cast members can be a little intimidating, and the entrance and stretch room are spookily decorated and dark. I don't think the ride is actually scary, but for a child I'm sure it absolutely can be.

I know they re-did this, it looks like they now have lap bars?

Please help, Thanks!

1) Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Philharmagic
2) You should see all the parades at least once.
3) Maybe for children, it's a fun ride though
4) Just learned about the lapbars on splash mountain! aye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter