4 year old on RnR

I’d put the kid on Space Mountain and Everest first. If they enjoy those, there’s no harm in giving Coaster a try. It’s perfectly safe if they meet the height requirement, so it’s really just about their comfort with the ride content.

I don't see any safety concern for a healthy childs' neck on RnR. It's not like RnR is a paint shaker where your head is grabbed and shaken around violently. It's actually quite a smooth coaster. I'd have far less concern for their neck on RnR than I would on BTMRR or Dinosaur, which really do shake you around...a lot. Second, as ravenclawtrekkie mentioned above, there's a height requirement for a reason. I'd bet that this was studied closely by engineers and consulted with physicians, etc...as the ride was being built and designed.

Sure, if a child has a pre-existing medical issue, that's one thing. But an otherwise healthy child, I don't see it. Kids are far more resilient and flexible than adults.

Re the spinal cord concerns, if you decide to let her ride it, ask to sit near the front. Less “crack the whip” type movement and less banging head against the sides of the restraints.

nah. i got tall kids too and was doing 7DMT before my oldest was 2 and BTMRR by 3, but we're waiting on space mountain and RNRC.

we've also waited on TOT despite him meeting the height requirement the past 2 trips. this april will be his first time trying it (he turned 5 last week). this trip will be his first time on Everest as well. :)

I could not imagine putting my almost 4 yo in RnR, he would be terrified. Despite ones size, I do not think you are emotionally mature enough to handle this type of thrill ride at four.

My DS rode it about a seven times in a row when he was 48", that's not an exaggeration. HS had just recovered from a power outage and there was no line.

Age 4 is NOT too young. You should encourage kids to be adventurous. If a 4yo wants to ride it, let her. If she loves it, let her ride again; if she doesn't, she won't ask again. But let her initiate, don't try and talk her into it (or she'll never trust you again).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter