4 yr old--need to be 5???!!!

Peerue

Earning My Ears

Question...my daughter turned 4 in January and we are cruising in July...most of the excursions we want to do, the kids need to be at least 5 yrs old....is there going to be a problem with us saying that she is 5?????
I don't want to do anything wrong....
Thank you! I absolutely love this forum!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Welcome to the cruise board! :)

They will know her age on the booking and you will not be able to book her to go on any excursions that are for ages 5 and older. They are very strict on this. You can always leave her in the children's programming on the ship (many kids PREFER this) while you do the excursion.

You can't book her as 5-year-old, DCL requires her date of birth and that MUST match her certified birth certificate.

Thank you---I'm glad I asked...I didn't want to do anything wrong! Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Peerue
[Question...my daughter turned 4 in January and we are cruising in July...most of the excursions we want to do, the kids need to be at least 5 yrs old....is there going to be a problem with us saying that she is 5?????
I don't want to do anything wrong....

As Michelle said Disney will know her age. Disney is strict about ages but when I reserved Banana Boat ride on CC my youngest ds was only 7 -- just 3 months shy of turning 8 which was the required 8. When our oldest ds didn't show up for the ride the CM asked if youngest wanted to take his place. I explained that he was only 7 and she said "Well, he's big for his age. He can go." Boy was he excited!! I think it will depend on the excursion you want to go on. I'd go ahead and book the excursions you want to go on and when you get onto the ship inquire about your dd going. It won't hurt to ask and if they say no you can leave your dd in the club. HTH

You may want to contemplate booking excursions yourself (not with DCL).

We are cruising in November with a 4 year old and some of the things we were interested in started at 5 for DCL.

We are on the Western, and I found that Captain Marvin's allow 4 year olds on the Stingray City tour.

So, maybe some internet research will allow you to do the things you would like to do (and save some money).

Also I think I read on one thread that younger childred are allowed on some tours, they just don't charge for them. So call DCL and check out the tours you are interested in. They will still tell you everything you want to know even if you can't book yet.

Oh great! Thanks to everyone for the information...she is 4 1/2 and we really wanted to take her and her brother (he is 6) on the Anguilla Dolphin excursion (as well as some others)...I hope it works out!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter