40 Minutes to kill in HS. Tune in or HBD Lounge?

Cramden

DIS Veteran
Hi there. I'll be heading to HS after finishing a morning tour at MK and will have about 40 minutes to an hour to kill before my first FP. I'm thinking of grabbing a drink and a quick bite since it will be around lunch time. I'll be having dinner later that night at Flying Fish so won't need a big meal. Does anyone feel one spot is better than the other? I'll probably make a quick stop at Baseline Tap House at some point too.

Appreciate any feedback!

HBD would probably be a little more relaxing, but Tune-in a little more fun ...so I’d say it depends on what you need at that moment. And yes, Baseline Tap House ....excellent call!!

Thanks for the great feedback. It will be the last day of my first solo trip so I'll either be exhausted or still in party mode so looks like it will be a game time decision. :-)

Thanks for the great feedback. It will be the last day of my first solo trip so I'll either be exhausted or still in party mode so looks like it will be a game time decision. :-)

Given you’ll be solo, the odds of have having a friendly bartender might be slightly better at Tune-In....depending on how hard others are trying to crack into Dad’s medicine chest!

If you can grab a spot at the bar, go with Tune-In. Otherwise there isn't much seating in there. If HBD is still the same the last time I was there, it's all outside. Even in the morning it's likely to be hot. Cocktails are likely equally between the two. I think HBD is likely to have a better wine list. There is a good chance Tune-In will be a bit quicker too and give you a better opportunity to check out Baseline if you only have 40 minutes.

Tune In stays pretty busy...in part because they serve the full restaurant menu from 50'sPT rather than just drinks and snacks. It can be competitive for a seat simply because you're fighting for a spot with restaurant walk-ups. You might end up waiting the entire 40 minutes just for a seat at the bar there. Probably a little easier since you're just a single, though.

Something to keep in mind.

I would do HB lounge or Baseline Taphouse. TUne in seems busier and louder. We enjoy sitting outside and people watch while at a lounge so those make sense for us.

If you're looking to get a quick bite to eat with your drink, I'd do HBD Lounge. The small plates are EXCELLENT, and their cocktails are solid. If your focus is more on a fun atmosphere and a good drink, I agree with the others - sitting at the Tune In bar is a good time. It's not as good for a quick bite though, since their menu (the same as 50s Prime Time) tends to be pretty "heavy" food.

That said, if you do decide on Tune In, and you happen to get their Long Island, just be careful when you try to stand up after polishing that thing off ;-)

So it's walk up for HBD lounge? And they start at noon? Looking to get there at 11:30ish and have lunch. Guessing we won't have an issue getting seated at noon on Monday in March. Do they take TIW?

Baseline has perhaps the best beer selection of any Disney bar, but the food is a bit lacking--not bad, just not many options.

So it's walk up for HBD lounge? And they start at noon? Looking to get there at 11:30ish and have lunch. Guessing we won't have an issue getting seated at noon on Monday in March. Do they take TIW?
Pretty much every lounge I can think of is both walk up (no ADRs) and doesn't accept the dining plans. No idea if HBD lounge takes TIW but sure you'll have a good time. You can get partial or full views of the Storm Troopers on the live action movie screen depending on the time of day you go. Not sure what time the lounge opens either but that's easy for you to check:).

I'd recommend showing up a little early if you want to get in right at opening. The last time I went there was a line waiting for it to open. The time before that we got there maybe 15 minutes after opening and had to wait a while for a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter