40th birthday ideas

Verity Chambers

<font color=blue>He's delicious! Rather like <font
hello! It's my husbands 40th birthday soon and we are going to Orlando in April and I'm trying to think of a something special to do while we are there as a present. I don't really way to just book a meal as we've done lots of lovely meals over there. Any ideas gratefully received! Thank you!

hello! It's my husbands 40th birthday soon and we are going to Orlando in April and I'm trying to think of a something special to do while we are there as a present. I don't really way to just book a meal as we've done lots of lovely meals over there. Any ideas gratefully received! Thank you!
Oh and we'll have the kids with us.. Aged 5 and 10 ...

I went on a cruise on the disney dream for mine but a touch budget bursting :)

Would one of the firework cruises appeal?

This isn't great with the kids but I'd quite like to go to a shooting range. That's speaking as a 40 yr, 9 month old man.

I was going to suggest that but then re read and say you wanted a treat for you all.

My just turned 41 year old dh would love to go to the shooting range

As previously mentioned, the firework cruises are good and they can decorate the boat, you can also order a birthday cake to have.

My other idea was to book one of the park tours. You can also go horseriding, take archery, fish - does he like any sports?

If venturing off site you could spend a day at Discovery Cove. Good luck with arranging your special present :)

For DH's 40th next year we are doing DL for 4 nights before heading to WDW.

For our 15th Wedding Anniversary we did the Ultimate VIP Thrills Tour: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/ - we had a couple of kids who didn't meet the height for R'n'R so they just stayed with the guide while everyone else road. It was an expensive day but worth it - so much so that we are considering doing it again at some time.

For my birthday one year we did a Wishes Cruise.

Outside of WDW you could....

Do the Orlando Eye at I-Drive 360 - you can even book your own pod.
Take a helicopter ride or a balloon flight
Visit Discovery Cove & swim with dolphins
Visit Gatorland - and they have zip wires there now
Do Cirque Du Soleil or Blue Man Group
Give him the chance to ride around the track at Daytona in a NASCAR vehicle
Visit Busch Gardens - they also have various animal interactions and tours if your family enjoy animals
Play glow in the dark mini golf...
If he's into it, there's a place called Player 1 which is a bar with a ton of video games - it's open to anyone before 5pm.

I would suggest Discovery Cove if you havent been before, definitely a treat for everyone.
We went hot air ballooning for my husbands 40th and would recommend it. Our boys were 6 & 8 and they helped unfold and inflate the balloon and attach the basket. The flight was about an hour and we had a champagne breakfast when we landed. As it is an early morning activity we then had the rest of the day to celebrate, we went to Beaches and Cream for a kitchen sink dessert and then later in the evening a meal before rounding off the day with Wishes fireworks.
We would also recommend Daytona Race track if your DH is into race cars, we took a tour of the circuit and then finished off with a few hours at the beach.
Could you look at the Disney tours ( some have age restrictions)

lots of ideas to choose from

i would love to do one of the animal kingdom tours as a treat

We've also done DL before flying down to Orlando. We're doing this again this year and is easy to arrange DIY. When we did DL we also took the 'Walking in Walt's footsteps' tour which was a real treat.

Discovery Cove is excellent as is the Wishes cruise. For a real special occasion/splurge the Grand 1 Yacht is available to charter.

We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary whilst there in July and I planned a few surprises. We had a 10 and 14 year old with us. Our anniversary meal was at California Grill watching Wishes after. The two new things we tried that were perfect with children were an airboat ride and a carriage ride in the evening at Port Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter