$42 for waffle and sausage!

Though not heavily advertised/understood, Topolino's breakfast is actually AYCTE, so you can order as many items as you want. I'm planning to order the waffles, smoked salmon, and quiche gruyere and make myself a little mini-buffet.

The AYCTE is great, sure. BUT...the problem is the menu is so very, very limited.

I see one thing either of my parents would eat. I see one thing, MAYBE two, that I would eat. So, while the AYCTE thing is nice, the variety is so small that it may not matter.

@vinotinto - I LOVED the breakfast buffet at The Wave!!! It was my go-to TS breakfast.

Just yesterday I watched a video by the aforementioned Michael Kay where he and Dave went to The Wave for breakfast in its current state (no buffet), and he raved about it! They had the Floridian Eggs Benedict (involves crab cakes), and the sweet potato pancakes with honey pecan butter (oh, yeah! :thumbsup2 )

Just yesterday I watched a video by the aforementioned Michael Kay where he and Dave went to The Wave for breakfast in its current state (no buffet), and he raved about it! They had the Floridian Eggs Benedict (involves crab cakes), and the sweet potato pancakes with honey pecan butter (oh, yeah! :thumbsup2 )
This is good to know. The Wave buffet was one my favorites too, and a must-do every trip.

I don't buy they have to charge that much to cover character costs.

They do them though I guess if enough people are paying.

Though not heavily advertised/understood, Topolino's breakfast is actually AYCTE, so you can order as many items as you want. I'm planning to order the waffles, smoked salmon, and quiche gruyere and make myself a little mini-buffet.
Wow, that's interesting info. I don't find one bit of info on the menu page indicating that it's an AYCTE meal.

And simply because it used to be a character meal that used to charge an extra $15/person for the character interaction, now everyone thinks Chef Mickey's is a roaring deal (including me, I made a reservation for one morning, LOL!).
I wouldn't say it's a roaring deal, but it is a less egregious deal. I'd still pack my pop tarts. We usually only do breakfast if we are staying CL. Otherwise we have some coffee and do an early lunch. If I'm really hungry I'll get a piece of fruit from somewhere. $1.50 for a banana but it's a deal for a meal.

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting info. I don't find one bit of info on the menu page indicating that it's an AYCTE meal.

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for confirmation from someone that this was the case. I was watching a Prince Charming Dev video where he ate breakfast at Topolino's and HE is the ONLY ONE I have heard of whose server told him it was AYCTE.

Without that little fact - there is no way I would convince my DH to go - I have a little dude who would love the social distanced selfies because he LOVES the characters but clams up when they're close by.

Has anyone other than a YouTube Vlogger, been directly told or experienced the AYCTE? I was convincing myself that they only did it because he was a YouTuber.

Has anyone other than a YouTube Vlogger, been directly told or experienced the AYCTE? I was convincing myself that they only did it because he was a YouTuber.
When we ate breakfast there last month, the waitress assured me that if I didn't like the dish I was considering, she'd replace it with another & there would be no extra cost. I've never been given that assurance outside of a cruise ship or AYCTE setting.

That being said, I'm not sure what the reaction would have been if I had cleaned my plate, then asked for another. But no one needs two breakfasts at once, anyway. It's a full American breakfast, plus a basket of pastries, and drinks.

I just don't get some people's issue with this. Yes, character breakfasts are expensive. They're never the best deal in town in terms of food value because breakfast foods tend to be pretty simple, compared to dinner entrees. But some people like having breakfast with characters in a nice setting & are willing to pay for it.

I suspect that the OP didn't even know that characters were still at this breakfast, at the time he or she started this thread. The OP showed a picture from a computer screen, & started the complaining. It doesn't look like he or she ever even ate at Topolino's.

Last edited:
When we ate breakfast there last month, the waitress assured me that if I didn't like the dish I was considering, she'd replace it with another & there would be no extra cost. I've never been given that assurance outside of a cruise ship or AYCTE setting.

That being said, I'm not sure what the reaction would have been if I had cleaned my plate, then asked for another. But no one needs two breakfasts at once, anyway. It's a full American breakfast, plus a basket of pastries, and drinks.

IMO there is a big difference between “if you don’t like it I can get you something else” and “order as many entrees as you want”.

IMO there is a big difference between “if you don’t like it I can get you something else” and “order as many entrees as you want”.
Yes, there certainly is. I mentioned the difference in my comment. Who needs more than one entree, though? No one.

We actually are sitting here after paying the check sipping our drinks. It was wonderful! The best character breakfast I’ve had at Disney. The waffles were more flavorful than any I’ve had and the apples and rich whipped cream on top were sooooo addictive. Tried a bit of the quiche too and it was yummy. Pastries were bottomless and were very good. The characters dance around and pose for distanced photos and are so cute and full of personality. Our kids loved it and were so happy even though they couldn’t get up—actually I kind of feel preferred it as it didn’t interrupt the meal as much and they cam round many times as opposed to just once in the old character meals.

It's a full American breakfast, plus a basket of pastries, and drinks.

I just don't get some people's issue with this.

So I am coming back to this as we are looking for our trip between breakfast or dinner.

I wouldn't call it a full American breakfast when it's a couple slices of smoked salmon and tomato as an example.

Also 2 eggs which cost $0.10, potatoes which cost $0.25, and sausage which costs $0.50 in total and in exchange its a $50 a plate.

Many people wouldn't eat or order pastries never touch them if I happen to eat breakfast at a hotel.

The salmon also reminds me of a side you might get in Norway from a buffet breakfast.

A full American breakfast would be waffles, meat, potato, eggs, and possibly yogurt/fruit. That is essentially 2-3 dishes.

I am going to keep checking because if this is aycte I think it might be okay while still slightly overpriced.

Its crazy to pay that price, unfortunately prices like food and park tickets are going through the roof.... and we the consumer will be getting less...one of the reasons we have no desire to visit anytime soon

You absolutely can eat as much as you want from the menu and swap out items. It was definitely a better deal pre-Covid when you had steak & eggs option that was delicious , but it is still a good enough option we are doing it on Christmas morning.

I have heard that you can request additional menu items with no additional cost ...is that no longer true?
Was not true when we went in August. I asked and was told one entree per person has always been the policy. The waiter said unfortunately a lot of people got confused because some prominent bloggers were given multiple entrees for review purposes, and other guests were pixie dusted extra food (especially those that came opening week), but from the get go it was just meant to be pastries, included beverages, a single entree per person and sides—not multiple entrees.

That said, the waiter then proceeded to pixie dust me with a slice of the quiche to try along with my waffles (I had been deciding between those entrees), so it never hurts to ask. YMMV ;)

We actually are sitting here after paying the check sipping our drinks. It was wonderful! The best character breakfast I’ve had at Disney. The waffles were more flavorful than any I’ve had and the apples and rich whipped cream on top were sooooo addictive. Tried a bit of the quiche too and it was yummy. Pastries were bottomless and were very good. The characters dance around and pose for distanced photos and are so cute and full of personality. Our kids loved it and were so happy even though they couldn’t get up—actually I kind of feel preferred it as it didn’t interrupt the meal as much and they cam round many times as opposed to just once in the old character meals.
I agree. We ate breakfast here on our departure day (Sat. Nov 28). Totally worth it for us! It was a surprise for the kids and my tweens really enjoyed it. The characters come out constantly and I prefer to wave and take pictures from afar. For me, it is super awkward when they come to the table. The only thing we asked for extra of were the pastries. Food and service was great!!

Was not true when we went in August. I asked and was told one entree per person has always been the policy. The waiter said unfortunately a lot of people got confused because some prominent bloggers were given multiple entrees for review purposes, and other guests were pixie dusted extra food (especially those that came opening week), but from the get go it was just meant to be pastries, included beverages, a single entree per person and sides—not multiple entrees.

That said, the waiter then proceeded to pixie dust me with a slice of the quiche to try along with my waffles (I had been deciding between those entrees), so it never hurts to ask. YMMV ;)

Ya personally going to cross of breakfast for sure there then. Maybe some day with the kids we will stop in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter