4th grade Halloween party help

snowball22

<font color=teal>Lovin' Disney<br><font color=red>
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ROPED INTO BEING A 4TH GRADE ROOM PARENT LAST NIGHT. I GUESS NO ONE SIGNED UP TO HELP OUT WITH MY DAUGHTERS CLASS. ANYWAY, THE FALL PARTY IS TWO WEEKS AWAY. I NEED CRAFT IDEAS AND GAME IDEAS FOR THE CLASS. ALL IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Can't think of too many right off the bat - get it? bat? ^^..^^
but crayola.com often has great craft ideas.......

www.familyfun.com has cute ideas... Last year we played this game in my daughter's class-

Take a roll of toilet paper (or several--buy the cheap kind) unroll and every few feet put a small sticker, piece of candy ,etc... making sure there is one for each child in the class.Re-roll it up. Then have the kids line up, the first one gets wrapped like a mummy by the second kid in line. Their turn ends when they get to the candy or sticker. Then so on down the line.

For a craft project we made mummys (there's a theme here :D using popsicle sticks for the arms and legs and those wooden craft spoons (the little flat kind you used to get with ice cream) for the head. I pre-glued these into a "stickman" shape because we were dealing with first graders here.

Then I gave each kid a length of gauze and two rolly eyes and they wrapped their "mummies' and put the eyes on. Turned out pretty cute.

Good Luck!
Candi

Here's a project that can double as a snack and craft. My 4th grade DD had a book report due last week. This was to be a how-to book and included doing a demonstration for the class. She wanted to cook and we went to the library, picked up a couple of books and she found her project in Kid's Party Cookbook by Penny Warner.

She picked Make-A-Monster Dough

Ingredients
1 cup low-fat, low-sugar smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup instant nonfat dry milk

Nuts, seeds, small candies, red hots, raisins, coconut, Cheerios, granola, chocolate chips, and other edible decorations

Materials
Spoon
8 plastic lunch bags

What to do
1) Mix peanut butter with honey.
2) Add dry instant milk until you have a dough like consistency.
3) Divide dough into 8 peices and give 1 peice to each guest
4) Let them make monsters out of their dough using the edible decorations.
5) Place monsters in plastic bags and send them home with your quests.

To make it a little easier to do as a demonstration she practiced 3 batches, wrapped balls of dough in plastic wrap and put it in a bag with the decorating goodies. - Part of the requirement for cooking was bring samples.

We got raisins, M&M's, stick pretzels, chocolate chips, cheerios for decorating with.

I thought she did a great job and it was easy, fun and tasty project. I'm going to use this for my girl scout group next week :D

Thanks eveyone for the great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Snowball22

I'm in Reynoldsburg and have been a room mom for several years.
Here's another craft/snack idea. It's a Cool Whip recipe from several years ago that we did w/DS's 1st grade class last year.

Spider Treats

Cupcakes (not iced)

1 tub (8oz.) Cool Whip

Chocolate sprinkles

Black or chocolate licorice

Candies (I used Halloween M&M's)

Give each child an upside-down cupcake and let them frost it w/ Cool Whip. Sprinkle w/ chocolate sprinkles. Insert 4 pieces of licorice on each side of cupcake for spider legs. Use candies for eyes.

Not sure how many this was supposed to make. I used 3 tubs of Cool Whip for 27 kids.
Also, I looked everywhere for chocolate licorice and couldn't find it. Ended up using red and black and letting the kids choose. They still looked like spiders.

Here's a game idea that I just read about somewhere. I thought it was in Family fun, but now I can't find it.

Have 6-7 children stand in a circle. All reach out their hands in front of them and randomly grab hands w/ others in the circle (hands should be all mixed up). Then have them try to untangle themselves without letting go of their hands.

Have Fun,
Elaine

Thanks Elaine!!!!!! What great ideas!!!! Have a great Halloween!!!

I'm planning on these (from family.com) . . .

Horr-edible Hands
These shiver-invoking popcorn treats make great Halloween hand-outs.
famf0900horrhands_pophands.jpg

Materials
• Clear plastic gloves (available at beauty supply stores)
• Candy corn
• Cold popcorn
• Yarn

Step 1:
Stick one candy corn at the tip of each finger inside the glove, pointy side up, for fingernails.

Step 2:
Fill the glove with popcorn and use a piece of yarn to tie a bow at the wrist.

The other HR mom is going to do Dirt Cups (using individual pudding cups) with the kids as both craft & snack. Our kids only have 30 minutes total for the party. By the time you play one quick game & throw the food at them, it's time to clean up.

If you do the hands please be sure to get "plain" plastic gloves. DD got one last yr some where and it was made with powdered latex gloves. The popcorn counldn't be eaten

Sha_lyn,

DD got one last yr some where and it was made with powdered latex gloves.
I can't believe that someone would do that! It never occurred to me that family.com should have put that disclaimer in the instructions, but I guess it just goes to show that you can never provide enough detail???
:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter