4th of July Question

juliette

Crazy for DISNEY
This might have been asked before but bare with me I will be there from June 30- July 10 and am not sure about where to go to see the fireworks. I know MK is going to be crazy but is it worth it or should I go some where else Some ideas pleaseAlso when is the best day to go to MK if I dont go on the 4th :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Go to MK on the 4th - yes it's crazy, but it's a lot of fun! The fireworks ring the park (with the crowd in the middle) at times, and the crowd, while large, is terrific. We've been to MK on 3 4th's of July in the last 5 years.

We have been to WDW twice for the 4th and the parks are managable if you have an informed plan (Epcot in the AM and MGM have been practically empty on 7/4 past). We have watched the fireworks from the shores of the GF - very nice and no crowds and we have been to Epcot fireworks which had extra fireworks (To Honor America) in addition to Illuminations - but getting out of any park after 7/4 fireworks is a nightmare - incl transport.

Watching from a close resort (Poly, GF or CR), after a nice meal, with your own transportation back to your own resort is the best approach IMO.

Have fun - maybe I'll see you there this year :Pinkbounc

Maybe you could put in a call right now and get a reservation for California Grill(I believe that's the one on top of the Contemporary) and watch the fireworks from there?!

Steven

juliette

I liked last year so much that I'm going back for more! We're going June 29th thru July 10th. They had told me that in the past they had to close MK after lunch for crowd control so we made ressies early and all day there. It turned out not to be so bad after all. We watched the Fireworks from the front of the park out by the 7 seas lagoon. That enabled us to hop a bus right away and make it down to the Beach Club Villas in time to watch Epcot fireworks but nothing compared to the MK FW! 360 degrees from behind the castle and out and through the 7 seas lagoon. Not to be missed IMHO!

Kirk,
Do you remember around what time the fireworks were? We want to have dinner at Narcoossee's then watch from the Poly Beach, also returning to the Beach CLub. Thanks!

thank you so much for all the info I guess we will do Mk on the fourth and then go back another day. Who cares how many rides we get on we are in DISNEY

Looks like a few of us will be down there at the same time! We visit WDW each summer during the July 4th holiday, and we avoid MK on that day for the most part because it gets too crowded. (However, I did run in last year to get the LE pins!) It's a fun time of the year to be in Disney!!!!:teeth:

We prefer Epcot for the 4th, and visit MK on other days. You will usually find that later in the week MK is less crowded, as typically families arrive on Sat/Sun, and hit the MK first. Later in the week they visit the water parks and Universal.

However, this year, the 4th is on a Friday, so I would say maybe the 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be as crowded, if you are looking for an alternative day. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter