• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th of July- what are you cooking?

Not cooking since I am at MIL's but she is having a ham, potato salad and I'm not sure what else.

Left over BBQ chicken from last night, chips, and cookies. We had a salad yesterday but we ate it all!

going to a bbq at a friend's house. I am bringing bacon ranch pasta salad, ranch taco dip and black bean stuff...got the recipe on here.

I know there will be burgers and brats, cole slaw, strawberry shortcake, etc.

marinated Shrimp cilantro salad (from Costco), steak tips, sausages, chicken, Portabello mushrooms from the grill. Corn on the cob, watermelon & strawberries.

Headed to a July 4th bash with friends...we're bringing buffalo chicken dip and scoops:) I'm really in the mood for veggies so I hope they are doing shish kebabs or roasted veggies of some sort. Heck, right now I'd settle for a nice green CRISP salad.

Beautiful day here on Cape Cod. First real day of sunshine and warm without the threat of thunderstorms. Actually, the threat of tstorms all last week came true every single afternoon :worried: we were due this good weather.

We've been drowning for a week with rain, but today is hot and sunny. Nice change, so we are grilling, but probably eating inside. I made cucumber salad, sautéed spinach, mushrooms and zucchini along with German Potato salad. DH is grilling thick strip steaks and chicken. Watermelon and jello later, then off to watch fireworks.

We are in southern Indiana... Been drowning for a week, continuing to drown today, and for the next several days according to the forecast.

Still got together with friends for a cookout, though. Glad they have a large covered deck. Hamburgers and hotdogs on the menu. I brought a yummy jalapeño corn casserole that I found on Pinterest.

Just me and my 16yo dd as usual.

Filet mignon (grass fed yum)
garlic roasted potatoes, summer squash, zucchini, and mushrooms
Corn on the cob
Apple pie with ice cream

Anyone need somewhere to go? Always too much food for only 2 people.

I'm making chicken alfredo with garlic bread. :laughing: I knew it was going to rain heavy here today, so I did our 4th of July meal earlier in the week when it was nice. :teeth:

Lobster!

After weeks of rain it is hot and sunny here but it is a nice change though the heat is going to get old really fast!

Just mom and I tonight. I just got home from work and am making strip steaks with baked potatoes, carrots, and watermelon.

Pork ribs, grilled chicken with onions, cheesy potatoes, green beans, veggie tray, deviled eggs, mac n cheese.

Pasta with garlic, olive oil, and fresh herbs from the garden. It's been raining all day here; doesn't really feel like July 4 and we certainly can't grill in this weather!

Ah, just got home after driving through hours of driving rain. Picked up our 4th of July "picnic" at Publix--fried chicken, mac & cheese, green beans, rolls, watermelon. I made a strawberry shortcake for dessert. pixiedust:

We had dinner at the Claudia Sanders Dinner House tonight. Fried chicken, baked apples, mashed potatoes and the best rolls you've ever had!

If you're ever driving through Kentucky on I-64, stop in Shelbyville for dinner. Yum!

We had dinner at the Claudia Sanders Dinner House tonight. Fried chicken, baked apples, mashed potatoes and the best rolls you've ever had!

If you're ever driving through Kentucky on I-64, stop in Shelbyville for dinner. Yum!

Sanders? Fried chicken? Kentucky? She wasn't married to a colonel was she?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter