• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 at SSR

There’s definitely plenty of space for a pull-down twin, but one does not exist in 8114 Standard View 1BR, in the Grandstands. This is *not* am HA room either. It’s a good thing we didn’t need that 3rd bed.
Is the door to the bedroom on the side where the TV is? It's making me remember that somebody posted that is the reason why some don't have the flip down twin. You'll see if you skim this article and look at images, it has a flip down, but the bedroom door is not in the same place:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/new-rooms-saratoga-springs-resort/

Interesting. Since this seems like only a couple rooms, I would bet they watch for this to make sure reservations with 5 people get 5 beds. You could put fake people in your room to make sure you get the extra sleeping surface. I'd match the real people in MDE and then modify to add fake people so you don't have to add fake people in your account. Well, I'd just add my legacy people who aren't going on the trip at all, haha.

There’s definitely plenty of space for a pull-down twin, but one does not exist in 8114 Standard View 1BR, in the Grandstands. This is *not* am HA room either. It’s a good thing we didn’t need that 3rd bed.
Interesting, thanks!

It looks like the connecting door is in the living room next to the TV. In every 1BR I've stayed in, that door is up near the entrance to the room. I'm guessing that's why the bed won't fit here. If you look at this photo, there's a lot more wall space on either side of the TV.

If you don't mind sharing, how many people are in your party? I wonder if the resort makes extra effort to put smaller parties (2-3 guests?) in these rooms.

I wonder if every x114 room is like that or if it's something unique to that building. After 18 years, I just learned something new about SSR! 😊

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 9.18.26 AM.png

Yes. This is a 1BR that does connect to a Studio (ie, a Lock-Off. it’s not a dedicated 1BR/2BR).

I imagine any non-dedicated 1BR would be in the same situation where the door is on the same wall as the TV.

Yes. This is a 1BR that does connect to a Studio (ie, a Lock-Off. it’s not a dedicated 1BR/2BR).

I imagine any non-dedicated 1BR would be in the same situation where the door is on the same wall as the TV.
All of the 1BR at SSR are lockoffs, but the connecting door in most is up by the front entrance.

If you don't mind sharing, how many people are in your party? I wonder if the resort makes extra effort to put smaller parties (2-3 guests?) in these rooms.

I wonder if every x114 room is like that or if it's something unique to that building. After 18 years, I just learned something new about SSR! 😊
We only have 4. This was a very last minute add to come down a day early to take advantage of the Guardians preview party.

(I’m annoyed that the day of the 2BR Lockoff was the only thing available, but then two days later a studio popped up! But the points would go into holding and we weren’t coming back before the end of my UY, so 2BR LO it is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter