5 days in Disney world with no park days...

goofytiggerfan

Mouseketeer
Hi all I have a trip planned for right now the week of Thanksgiving however moving it to Christmas week to keep my kids from missing school/Homework. My question is we go often enough where all we do is park time. My plan is not to do any parks this trip. We are driving from CT so we will have our car. What would you do with a 10 year old and 14 year old?

So far I have planned Splitsville, Mini Golf (both places on different days), Shopping DTD and even going to the outlets on Vineland and International Drive.... Pool at Riverside and French Quarter and checking out the Christmas Decor in the hotels (monorail hopping etc)

Any suggestions appreciated!! Thank you in advance!:goofy:

I will say we did that once when we were moving our oldest DD into the DCP and it was tough to be there and not go to the parks - but we weren't there long - just a weekend. We did character meals - our kids love to do those. Ohana, Hoop Dee Doo and Cape May. We love Hoop Dee Doo. We also went to the Boardwalk at night. They always have entertainment. You can go horseback riding at the Camp grounds - our kids enjoy that too on our non park days.

I second the Boardwalk in the evening suggestion. What about going offsite a little bit? The Orlando Science Center gets great reviews. Maybe see if there is an event in Orlando you would be interested in (last time we went, we went to an Orlando Magic game). Go to Port Canaveral for a day?

The archery lesson at Fort Wilderness is a great experience. Our kids (14 and 10) loved it! They also do horseback trail rides there. We did that too. DD10 is an equestrian and enjoyed it even though she couldn't trot (the horses just walk). The grounds are beautiful and we saw some deer while we were in the woods.

Thank you for the suggestions. I never knew about the archery lessons that's awesome. it's official we're definitely doing Disney on Christmas. I cannot wait to check out the decor! party:

we did this last year..... we based it all around FOOD. It was lovely and relaxing,kind of like a great beach resort minus the real beach! Make ADR's at all your fave non park places- time things around interesting things to see,like Boardwalk at night etc. Monorail hopping is fun, scavenger hunts around property,reading books by a (fake disney) beach in nice weather with a good drink.... if your kids like characters,plan a character meal(mine didn't care) visit all the disney resorts- there's a lot to walk around and see at each one-(and snack on) look for hidden Mickeys.... I don't know-for us,getting up late-hanging out at the pools, planning meals for lunch and or dinner..... it was very nice.(beaches and cream walk up window is great for one of those resort type snacks!)

Thank you for the tips! I was thinking la nouba before it goes away too. I'll have to see. I definitely want to go to the boardwalk all things we haven't done because we never have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter