5 days....Thoughts

Purerockfury1

Mouseketeer
Just finished up 5 days in the parks! This was our first trip in ten years so the parks are definitely a lot different now.

Pros:

The parades and fireworks are awesome. Disney really knows how to put on an amazing show. And their crowd control is top notch.

The CMs were all friendly and overly helpful which was awesome.

Max Pass really was a lifesaver. We used it all 5 days and without it I think we would have been very frustrated by some of the lines!

Paint the Night Reception at Sonoma Terrace and the Fantasmic dining package at Riverbelle were worth every penny. Food was great and can’t beat not having to stake out a spot for either show, especially F!

Cons:

I was excited to ride Radiator Springs for the first time and I was very let down! To me it’s very overrated. Maybe because I’m not a Cars fan but I was expecting a much longer ride and felt like the wait was ridiculous for how short the ride is.

It was a lot more crowded than what I remember from my last visit ten years ago. I used to go every year as a kid/teen and I don’t remember it ever being so crowded on a weekday like it was last week. We still had a wonderful time either way.

We were surprised by the amount of 12-17 year olds that seem to be dropped off Friday and Saturday nights and run around the park. Obviously it’s a local park so it’s to be expected but so many kids and young teens running, pushing, saving spots in line then letting their friends through was frustrating. We even had a girl use her flashlight during the Matterhorn at night which really took the fun out of the tunnel parts of that ride.

Overall an amazing trip and I now have the post-Disney blues!

Last edited:
I agree with your opinion about RSR! I think the ride is cool and all, but I would never wait more than 30 minutes for it. It's way too short, and I wish it was faster lol. Carsland itself is pretty awesome though with the details.

I first went to the park in the late 60's but only started going regularly in 2000. I can tell you the parks are indeed a LOT more crowded than ever before.
The experience just isn't the same and we notice the parks aren't kept nearly as clean and maintained as back then.

Just finished up 5 days in the parks! This was our first trip in ten years so the parks are definitely a lot different now.

Pros:

The parades and fireworks are awesome. Disney really knows how to put on an amazing show. And their crowd control is top notch.

The CMs were all friendly and overly helpful which was awesome.

Max Pass really was a lifesaver. We used it all 5 days and without it I think we would have been very frustrated by some of the lines!

Paint the Night Reception at Sonoma Terrance and the Fantasmic dining package at Riverbelle were worth every penny. Food was great and can’t beat not having to stake out a spot for either show, especially F!

Cons:

I was excited to ride Radiator Springs for the first time and I was very let down! To me it’s very overrated. Maybe because I’m not a Cars fan but I was expecting a much longer ride and felt like the wait was ridiculous for how short the ride is.

It was a lot more crowded than what I remember from my last visit ten years ago. I used to go every year as a kid/teen and I don’t remember it ever being so crowded on a weekday like it was last week. We still had a wonderful time either way.

We were surprised by the amount of 12-17 year olds that seem to be dropped off Friday and Saturday nights and run around the park. Obviously it’s a local park so it’s to be expected but so many kids and young teens running, pushing, saving spots in line then letting their friends through. We even had a girl use her flashlight during the Matterhorn at night which really took the fun out of the tunnel parts of that ride.

Overall an amazing trip and I now have the post-Disney blues!

I agree 100% on RSR. I’m still on the plane going home. We saw a stand by wait time of 120 minutes! Thank goodness for Maxpass because I would have been pissed!!

I first went to the park in the late 60's but only started going regularly in 2000. I can tell you the parks are indeed a LOT more crowded than ever before.
The experience just isn't the same and we notice the parks aren't kept nearly as clean and maintained as back then.

Totally agree! I was surprised with the crowds and how rude some people were. The large crowds make it hard to enjoy the park and I know it’s a big money maker for Disney but I wish there were more blockouts and restrictions for all levels APs. No offense to any APs but when you have those few days every few years to enjoy the park like my husband and I did it’s frustrating being shoulder to shoulder with people!

I think grad nights and school trips for the end of the year are upon us the next month or two which would explain the kids- we really don’t see solo kids much during our trips so I can’t imagine that part was pleasant

I think grad nights and school trips for the end of the year are upon us the next month or two which would explain the kids- we really don’t see solo kids much during our trips so I can’t imagine that part was pleasant

Yes, I saw a bunch of grad night mickey ears. do locals stay away during this period? Usually the crowds die down after fireworks, but the rides were as full as ever with late night teens

I know that we keep an eye on the Grad Nite schedule so that we can plan around them. We also plan around major conventions and dance competitions. This is a time for lots of class trips for different school districts, so that could account for the kids/teens you saw staying late in the parks. If this was a one time class trip, it would make sense that the kids would want to make the most of every minute.

I know that we keep an eye on the Grad Nite schedule so that we can plan around them. We also plan around major conventions and dance competitions. This is a time for lots of class trips for different school districts, so that could account for the kids/teens you saw staying late in the parks. If this was a one time class trip, it would make sense that the kids would want to make the most of every minute.
Where can we see the grad night schedule?

Where can we see the grad night schedule?

Did a search for Grad Nights 2018 on this forum and found this in another thread:

These are grad nights announced so far for 2018. FYI, In previous years more dates have been added as needed so this list may change.

Friday, May 4, 2018
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Friday, May 18, 2018
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018

June
Friday, June 1, 2018
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Friday, June 8, 2018
Saturday, June 9, 2018

Did a search for Grad Nights 2018 on this forum and found this in another thread:

These are grad nights announced so far for 2018. FYI, In previous years more dates have been added as needed so this list may change.

Friday, May 4, 2018
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Friday, May 18, 2018
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018

June
Friday, June 1, 2018
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Friday, June 8, 2018
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter