• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 Epcot Rumors (A Disney Rumors video is on pg. 6)

disneysource

Mouseketeer
Hello again everybody, lately I’ve been hearing some interesting rumors about Epcot. It may get new attractions in both the World Showcase and Future World. Of course you have to take the rumors with a grain of salt because it may not ever happen. These are just ideas (for the moment) that have been talked about behind closed doors.

1. World Showcase may change their opening time to 9 am

2. Imagination building maybe taken over by “The Muppets” (3d movie & a ride)

3. “Ratatouille” ride put in France

4. “Alice in Wonderland” ride put in the U.K.

5. “Inside Out” attraction and “A Bugs life” educational movie maybe put in the Wonders of Life building

Hello again everybody, lately I’ve been hearing some interesting rumors about Epcot. It may get new attractions in both the World Showcase and Future World. Of course you have to take the rumors with a grain of salt because it may not ever happen. These are just ideas (for the moment) that have been talked about behind closed doors. 1. World Showcase may change their opening time to 9 am 2. Imagination building maybe taken over by “The Muppets” (3d movie & a ride) 3. “Ratatouille” ride put in France 4. “Alice in Wonderland” ride put in the U.K. 5. “Inside Out” attraction and “A Bugs life” movie maybe put in the Wonders of Life building (I hope this one's true)

The only thing I've heard from these is ratatouille.

Bugs life should stay at AK no reason to move it.

Changing hours sure whatever don't care.

Alice in wonderland doesn't make much sense keep that stuff in MK.

Muppets are in DHS keep them there as well why would you have them in two parks.

All of those sound like just wishful thinking on the part of the OP. The only one that has even service before is the one about Ratatouille. As the PP said Cinderella, Bugs Life and The Muppets are firmly established in the other parks in it wouldn't make any sense at all to move them to Epcot! Also none of them have any association to the goals of Epcot.

Wellllll she isn't making all of these up actually.......
Well I know that ratatouille has been a big rumor now. I don't really care if they extend hours in world showcase thats not a big deal to me but the other three why? I think I heard a small rumor about Alice in UK a while back but it has died. Bugs life should stay in AK no reason for it to come to Epcot. If they do anything with the muppets they should expand it in DHS makes zero sense to put muppets in Epcot.

I don't think it will happen but I think it would make sense to move Muppets to Epcot with an updated 3D show. That way they could use the current Muppet space at DHS to expand and make room for more Star Wars attractions.

I would hate to see Journey into Imagination go! But if it HAD to I suppose I could deal with Muppet's moving and replacing Captain EO with an updated version, but only if it meant more star wars stuff in HS.

As for opening at 9am, I don't know why they don't already.

As for the France rumor... I'm all for more rides in the world showcase.

Just where are these rumors coming from anyway?

I would hate to see Journey into Imagination go! But if it HAD to I suppose I could deal with Muppet's moving and replacing Captain EO with an updated version, but only if it meant more star wars stuff in HS.

As for opening at 9am, I don't know why they don't already.

As for the France rumor... I'm all for more rides in the world showcase.

Just where are these rumors coming from anyway?

I never got the reason the don't open at 9 either. It would help a little with the morning crush letting people spread out some more. My wife would love to be able to stroll down to France for a pastry in the morning.

I would hate to see Journey into Imagination go! But if it HAD to I suppose I could deal with Muppet's moving and replacing Captain EO with an updated version, but only if it meant more star wars stuff in HS. As for opening at 9am, I don't know why they don't already. As for the France rumor... I'm all for more rides in the world showcase. Just where are these rumors coming from anyway?
Ratatouille is because Tom Fitzgerald is head of creative for Epcot and he created the ratatouille ride that opens this July in Paris. The others I don't know where they came from.

It seems as most of us have lost the vision of Epcot. World showcase is not supposed to have Disney movie character rides, exception is three caballeros in Mexico. World showcase is Disney showcasing countries of the world. Adding rides that take away from that makes world showcase less authentic. Future world, adding muppets is no where near futuristic. Yes Epcot needs change but adding Disney characters everywhere makes this another magic kingdom Epcot is the park of the world and the future. What they should do is add more countries, and revamp future world that would set up Epcot for years. Tom Fitzgerald when he accepted the job stated that he wanted to go back to the old Epcot. Adding character rides takes that vision out.

I'm also surprised no one has brought up the hundreds of rumors that frozen will be taking over maelstrom in Norway.

I never got the reason the don't open at 9 either. It would help a little with the morning crush letting people spread out some more. My wife would love to be able to stroll down to France for a pastry in the morning.

I believe that the bakery in France is open in the mornings. My wife and I ate there last year. You can get there by walking past England and Canada. The rest of the world showcase is roped off at France.

Here just saw another rumor captain EO, journey into imagination and universe of energy will close this year. Captain EO has been rumored to leave ever since it came back since it's only temporary anyways. Journey into imagination was supposed to close this past year for the entire year for a redo.... And universe of energy is just bad in general...

Until I see walls going up I don't think any of this is true.

My great uncle has a job with the company. Every time I see him I try to get info about the parks.
Not to be rude or anything to you or your uncle I just don't believe anything for Epcot until I see it because so many rumors have been out there for the past five years and nothing has happened.

2. Imagination building maybe taken over by “The Muppets” (3d movie & a ride)

5. “Inside Out” attraction and “A Bugs life” movie maybe put in the Wonders of Life building (I hope this one's true)

How are these related to the "Future World" concept? Anyone notice Future World's theme has basically got right out the window?

Until I see walls going up I don't think any of this is true.

You're probably right, Disney does like to stretch out when their expansions and new rides are finished. They don't seem to be in any rush even though Universal's almost done with the new Harry Potter section.

But they'll crank out resort expansions at a record pace.

Just a few thoughts, I love the idea of any expansion/changes to EPCOT.
We all have read numerous posts about the issues with FP+ and tiering in this park, but as soon as a mention of any update people are shooting it down.
EPCOT needs updated everyone agrees that changes need to be made in order to get people away from the big 2 (Test Track and Soarin).
I really don't care if they add character related rides/attractions to the world showcase as long as it is done right.

But if everything is left alone then after you do the big 2 then what, there needs to be something besides walking around and drinking/eating in the countries, something for kids to become interested in doing and want to go to the park. All of the movies in the countries are old and not at all exciting after seeing them for the 20th time. Just something new and exciting.

I LOVE figment and would be very upset to see him go, he is an original to EPCOT and needs to remain somewhere. I miss the Dreamfinder days. From what I've read there is even a new comic coming featuring Figment and Dreamfinder, so the interest is still alive and well!

As for the muppets coming over, I'd be all for it, they are popular again and Star Wars expansion needs to happen because they have the same problem in Hollywood Studios, that needs a HUGE update.

Again, just my 2 cents which I know isn't really worth that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter