• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 greatest Picthers (all time) baseball

Don't forget Satchel Paige. 47 years old allegedly in his rookie season.
I

I thought about him, I would of loved to see his numbers if he played in the big leagues, the baseball fans were robbed of one of the greatest ever

5. Roger Clemons
4. Sandy Koufax
3. Bob Gibson
2. Bob Feller
1. Nolan Ryan

Love most of your choices, although Clemens' roid use clouds his legacy IMHO.

If a pitcher had to win a game to save my life, the LHP I'd pick would be Sandy Koufax and the RHP would be Bob Gibson. Nasty stuff, nasty temperament, ultimate competitors.

I'd sub in Walter Johnson for Clemens. Maybe Greg Maddux for Feller, but I'd be fine leaving it as it is, too.

Love most of your choices, although Clemens' roid use clouds his legacy IMHO.

If a pitcher had to win a game to save my life, the LHP I'd pick would be Sandy Koufax and the RHP would be Bob Gibson. Nasty stuff, nasty temperament, ultimate competitors.

yeah i was going to take him out but what great numbers, I was trying to find away to put Randy Johnson and Tom Sever on the list

Don't feel like the research at the moment but I would have a couple of the old time pitchers on there. I mean pitchers today very seldom make the 7th inning due to pitch count etc. Back in the day these guys consistently went the distance as in complete games and would have 30 plus win seasons. Need to go refresh my memories of those guys. As for Clemens no way, take the juice and there is no way you get top five. Nolan Ryan heck yea! I live 10 miles from where he grew up and played high school ball and met him in 1970 at my Little League field when he was in the National Guard and came out to take pictures and sign autographs. I still have the picture and the ball he signed. Used to carry the picture with me every time I ate at Joe's bar-b-que in Alvin hoping to run into him which I finally did like 15 years ago. Showed him the picture and he laughed about it and signed it for me. A really nice man and a really great Texan!

In no particular order
Cy Young
Nolan Ryan
Randy Johnson
Bob Gibson
Greg Maddux - loved when he and Tom Glavine were both on the Braves

and still playing but I think will definitely go down in history as one of the greats - Clayton Kershaw

yeah i was going to take him out but what great numbers, I was trying to find away to put Randy Johnson and Tom Sever on the list

I grew up in Reds country and my Dad would take me to Cincinnati to see a Reds game each season. He happened to have tickets for a doubleheader with the Phillies that fell during Pete Rose's hit streak. Pete hit safely in both games, and I got to see Seaver strike out 10 to win game 2. The guy was throwing BBs. What a pitcher he was.

No particular order:

Sandy Koufax
Bob Feller
Nolan Ryan
Walter Johnson
Cy Young

It was hard to leave Maddux off the list but he would be my #1 for most under rated and also for fielding his position.

Nolan Ryan
Catfish Hunter
Dennis Eckersley
Blue Moon Odom
Vida Blue

Honorable mention:
Bartolo Colon aka "The Big Sexy". Holds the record for being the oldest MLB player. Oldest player to hit his first home run at age 42* (and returns to an empty dugout). Always having a good time. In 2018 had a no hitter going into the 8th inning until former teammate Josh Reddick got a hit. Got pulled after that, yells at Reddick as he leaves "you were supposed to roll over on that pitch". Reddick yells back "nice job"

In no particular order. My top 5
1. Christy Mathewson.
2. Walter Johnson
3. Sandy Koufax.
4. Randy Johnson
5. Pedro Martinez.

Have to give a mention to Bob Gibson. He was so dominant for one season, They lowered the mound.

Also mention to Madison Bumgarner. His 2014 WS performance is the best I've seen, or likely ever will see.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter