5 hour wait

dhutchin12

Mouseketeer
I waited for 5 hours this morning to speak to someone in ticketing. We had cancelled a trip last year and had a credit for 3 people. Two of those people were going to be travelling and wanted to buy a 3 day park hopper with their credits and there would be money left over in their credits. The 3rd person's credit would remain there as well. Only after I got off the phone, did I realize, the person took the ENTIRE per person credit. He overcharged us $160 because he did not account for the difference in ticket price. I even made sure to ask this before we started. Now, on hold again.

I reached someone in existing tickets in about 30 minutes. She told me I had to speak to a different department. Been on hold for 1 1/2 hours so far. Total is up to 6 1/2 hrs today.

I waited for 5 hours this morning to speak to someone in ticketing. We had cancelled a trip last year and had a credit for 3 people. Two of those people were going to be travelling and wanted to buy a 3 day park hopper with their credits and there would be money left over in their credits. The 3rd person's credit would remain there as well. Only after I got off the phone, did I realize, the person took the ENTIRE per person credit. He overcharged us $160 because he did not account for the difference in ticket price. I even made sure to ask this before we started. Now, on hold again.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post so please correct me if I did, but are you saying that the new tickets cost $80 less apiece and you expected that money to be refunded or kept as a "credit"? When you exchange an expired ticket for a ticket with a usage date in the future, you get the value of the old ticket applied to the cost of the new ticket. If the new ticket costs more, then you pay the difference. If the new ticket costs less, you forfeit the difference; you do not get a leftover credit.

We didn’t exchange tickets. We were given a cash credit to use in the future.

QUOTE="Marionnette, post: 63432845, member: 253240"]
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post so please correct me if I did, but are you saying that the new tickets cost $80 less apiece and you expected that money to be refunded or kept as a "credit"? When you exchange an expired ticket for a ticket with a usage date in the future, you get the value of the old ticket applied to the cost of the new ticket. If the new ticket costs more, then you pay the difference. If the new ticket costs less, you forfeit the difference; you do not get a leftover credit.
[/QUOTE]

QUOTE="Marionnette, post: 63432845, member: 253240"]
[/QUOTE]
That would be incredibly unusual. Typically you do not get any money back.

I’ve never heard of a “cash credit” for unused/expired tickets. Typically the process is as PP describes - 1 ticket credit exchanged for 1 ticket, usually no refund for a less expensive ticket. If WDW allowed you to split a credit, consider it pixie dust and I would not expect similar for the 3rd guest.

Thank you for clarifying that point. Can you tell me what you meant when you said that "He overcharged us $160 because he did not account for the difference in ticket price." That's where I think you're losing me.

I think the value of your previous ticket would be applied to your new ticket.
Your new ticket probably costs more than your old ticket.

Such wait times are ridiculous, but I think it's the new norm in customer service for a while. In an economy where workers can be picky about what jobs they take, why take a job handling the phones for Disney?

Needed to make e change that isn't supported online which is another problem. Was on hold for 90 minutes before a disconnect. Second try was 2 hours and a disconnect, Third try was 4 hours and I had to hang up. Each call said the wait time would be at least 2 hours. Tried to call early this morning and the same thing so I just gave up. Makes me want to just cancel everything. Totally ridiculous and disrespectful to their customers.

Such wait times are ridiculous, but I think it's the new norm in customer service for a while. In an economy where workers can be picky about what jobs they take, why take a job handling the phones for Disney?
Maybe, and I don't know, but maybe Disney should take some of the earth-shattering profits they've been rakingin from all the price increases and service cuts and, i don't know, raise the salary of people answering the phones to attract more candidates? I know, I know, that's crazy talk.

Try calling later at night. I had unused May 2020 tickets that I wanted to apply to Aug 2022 tickets. I called a few weeks ago to make the change. I think it was at like 9 Pm or something. Had the entire thing done in less than 45 min. Super easy.

It took a total of 11 hours and 45 minutes on hold. The representative was very helpful and the issue was resolved.

Glad you had a positive resolution! That wait time is a bit shocking, though. Almost 12 hours to solve a $160 issue. That’s $15 an hour. Is it coincidental that that is Disney’s new minimum wage? :joker:

Maybe, and I don't know, but maybe Disney should take some of the earth-shattering profits they've been rakingin from all the price increases and service cuts and, i don't know, raise the salary of people answering the phones to attract more candidates? I know, I know, that's crazy talk.
Oh, I very much agree. But wishing it to be so doesn't change my guess that the Disney phone lines are notably understaffed. Multi-hour waits are the norm and I don't think that bothers Disney very much

OP posted on Thursday. Thursday was the day when DVC members and AP holders were first able to book the new Star Wars hotel. When things like that happen, the phone line wait times are ridiculous. (Same as when Boo Bash tickets went on sale, when people were allowed to request AP refunds due to the pandemic, etc.).

I'm glad it got resolved, sounds like you got some good pixie dust!

It's funny the way we see things differently. I don't consider having to wait for 11+ hours for an error on Disney's part to be corrected to be pixie dust in any way. I consider that a fail on Disney's part, the OP shouldn't have had to wait 5 hours the first time and they shouldn't have had to call back to fix an error from the original call. Glad they finally got it resolved though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter