• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 in a room

Thank you for posting this. We are considering booking another trip when we go on our cruise next week, but I was confused seeing a huge price increase for 2 connecting rooms on the Fantasy when I had heard it would be cheaper. In the end it will depend on how the discount shakes out on which ship/trip to book while onboard.

I've found that on the fantasy and dream the 5 person room is cheaper. On the magic and wonder, 2 connecting inside rooms are cheaper.

I've sailed both ways, and much prefer 2 connecting.

We did 5 adults in a verandah room in May on the Fantasy 7 nights. For us it worked just fine. People are doing their own things so staggering showers was never an issue. I did take my showers in the locker room after work outs, so that helped too. If you get along well with the other 4, and you are all organized enough so that you do not have clothes laying all over the place, and no one snores really loud, it can be just fine. We packed heavy, 8 bags for the 5 of us, and storage was never an issue, including our case of water, and snorkeling gear.

We are a family of 5 and have stayed in a family stateroom with verandah. Showering is not an issue with us, because the boys (men) can shower at night before bed, leaving just me and my DD for the morning. We don't like showing before bed because we would go to bed with wet/damp hair, and look like Medusa in the AM, we would be rewetting/rewashing anyway. The boys have short enough hair it is completely dry 30 minutes after a shower.

At home my girls and I shower in the evening and my hubby in the morning. I work in food and need to shower after work and I do not like going to be dirty. Hubby works at a desk and so he is not sweaty and dirty. The girls do it because it is easier for them because their hair can dry and they do not have to get up so early for school(plus I was brought up to not go to bed dirty and it kind of grosses me out). When we go to WDW/cruise we are all sweaty and sunblocked and we all take our showers in the evening. No way are we going to bed filthy. On the cruise, I usually shower before dinner and the girls after, except on days where we are at the beach then we all just shower when we get back. On the cruise it is easy to get everyone showered because the adults can always go to the spa to shower if needed.

We just did five in a room (deluxe family verandah) for a week on the Fantasy and it was generally fine. Kids are 8, 6, and 9 months so the baby was in a pack and play. We just don't bathe all three kids daily on vacation unless we've been at the beach. Better things to be doing.

This has nothing to do with your dilemma but every time I see the thread title I sing in my head, "There were five in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll over, roll over.'"
Ha ha! Now I have it in my head too!

We have had 5 in a room on the Fantasy and on the Wonder - once with my sister and once with my mother (so both times with 3 adults and 2 children - once when they were 11 and 8 and next time when they were 12 and 9 (and my children are tall children) and we fit comfortably in the room with no problem. We are going again in Nov 2019 with my father in a room that fits 5 and looking forward to it! We love traveling with family and find its best for us to be in the same room, both financially and for our family. Hope that's helpful.

https://magicaladventureswithdrmom.com/

. . .On the cruise it is easy to get everyone showered because the adults can always go to the spa to shower if needed.

I noticed this A LOT on this past cruise. We had late dining so hit the rainforest around 5pm - mens locker room was CROWDED and busy with guys showering and shaving for dinner. We had to start going around 5:30 so I could at least get into the shower for a rinse after smothering in the saunas.

Because our grandchildren had different sleep habits, the two rooms worked MUCH better for them. The 5 in one room did not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter