5 in ROOM

dis4me

<font color=navy>Has experienced the original Magi
Do any of the WDW hotels hold 5 people in a room? What about good off site hotels?
Also at WDW does an infant count in the room capacity?

In the deluxes you can have 5, plus an infant. There are some off-site hotel that you can have 5 in, but I'm not sure which ones.

We stayed at both resorts in October, and we had two adults, two teenagers, and a 6 year old. The Poly had two full size (maybe queen?) beds and a daybed. The AKL room had one queen size bed, a bunk bed and a daybed.

I'm afraid I can't help you on the infant question, but I'm sure somebody else can. :D

Infants and toddlers are free and don't count until they are three, same as for park admission. If your fifth person is under three, you can do ANY WDW resort, including All Stars! If over 3, you can do PO-R (trundle bed and you pay an extra $15), standard rooms at all the deluxes except WL and AKL, deluxe rooms at WL and AKL, Fort Wilderness cabins and all the DVC properties.

Beach Club also sleeps 5. If you are looking for space then the Contemporary rooms are the largest.

IMO FW cabins are the best value. You pay less than a deluxe & get a full kitchen, along with a separate bedroom & an outdoor deck. The pools are nothing to write home about, but FW itself is a great resort. :cool:

We're renting points through a DVC owner and will be staying at BCV in May. We have 3 kids (1 of whom is an infant and will be sleeping in a crib). With the DVC studio, you get a queen-size bed, a double pullout couch and a kitchenette (small fridge, toaster, microwave, sink and coffee maker). If you opted for a 1-bedroom, you'd get a bedroom for the adults with a king-size bed (and whirlpool tub) plus a living room with a pullout couch and a full kitchen and washer/dryer unit. The cost of renting points can be substantially lower than reserving these units through Disney, so you should definitely try to go that route if possible. Keep in mind that the studios are about the same size as a regular deluxe room (and are pretty affordable) while the 1-bedrooms are roomier, but substantially more expensive. We're going to try to fit our family of 5 into the studio as long as possible so we can save on the cost of our trip!!! Once the littlest is out of his crib, however, we'll need to graduate to bigger acccommodations! :) The DVC properties are as follows: BCV, BWV, WLV and OKW. OKW is the oldest (original) property and has the largest rooms of all.

My relatives, who happen to be DVC owners themselves, often stay at the Holiday Inn Family Suites when not at a DVC property. They highly recommend the hotel, especially in terms of what you get for your money. I believe they offer suites with two separate bedrooms (one with a king bed and the other with twin beds) and a living area (I think with a kitchenette)... Basically, a very roomy place, which would be great for older kids. The suites are also very reasonably priced (I believe they got one in Dec. for around $100 per night!). If you have a car and don't mind staying offsite, this might work out well for your family.

Hope this info. helps!!

Take care,
Sarah

Wow Thanks for all the options. I feel much better now.I thought I was going to have to get 2 rooms for my family.Thak for your help.

As tar heel said, POR also allows 5 in a room. As a moderate, it may save you some $$. We have stayed there twice. During our last trip, our kids were aged 7, 9, and 11. It gets pretty cozy, but we don't spend much time in the room anyway.

Just wanted to let you know that Doubltree in Downtown Disney is an All suite hotel. It is also an "official Disney Hotel" which means you get to enter parks early and have constant buses running to all the parks. They have one or two bedrooms I believe to one suite. Good Luck. If you don't plan to eat or spend a lot of time in your room, I would recommend the Port Orleans- Riverside that sleep 5. That is a great Moderate hotel. And depending on when you are going you can get good prices.

Good Luck

We stayed in a DVC studio over the summer with our 2 young kids and a 2 year old. The 2 year old slept with us for the trip. The studio was very crowded for 5 people and we did not even have the crib set up. It is just my opinion but we were all on top of each other and my kids were only 6 and 8. They are both small kids and my husband and I are not overly big people either. In my opinion our DVC studio was smaller than our room at the CR. It is great to save the points or $ but it was just too crowded and we will NEVER do that again. Good luck.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter