5 night Dream

Cat15

Earning My Ears
Day 1
We just got off the Dream yesterday and had a wonderful trip. We flew to Miami the night before the cruise and stayed at the EB hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was so nice. The rooms were huge and the bathroom has an incredible shower. The next morning we took Disney transportation to the port. This was not incredibly well run. We waited an hour in the lobby before we finally left. They only had 2 people loading bags onto the bus and they were also still collecting bags from the rooms. It all worked out though as the ship took a while to board and we still arrived to the port before boarding started.

We got on the ship around noon and immediately headed to the spa for rainforest passes. We were able to get them and they were well worth it! Used the rainforest room every day. Next we went for lunch at Animators. It was a good meal and it was nice avoiding the rush at Cabanas.

After lunch we went to check out our rooms. We booked VGT for the first time and were assigned 2 connecting rooms on deck 10. Absolutely loved the location of these rooms just one deck down from the pool, cabanas, spa, adult area. We also enjoyed having a balcony for the first time. We decided to watch the sail away ftom our balcony. Our room was close to the bridge so we were even able to wave to the captain. We also saw dolphins from our balcony on one occasion.

Later that afternoon we visited Vibe and got the kids signed up for activities. We also watched the Golden Mickeys and our family was interviewed as part of the pre show. We enjoyed meeting our servers that night at Enchanted Garden.

Day 2
On day 2 we went to Castaway Cay. We had to get off the ship as soon as possible because we had a stingray excursion first thing. I would highly recommend booking this excursion. We got to feed and pet stingrays then spent time snorkeling with them in the lagoon. It was the highlight of my day. Next we found beach chairs and spent time relaxing, swimming, and going down the waterslides. One of my daughters got her hair braided on the island which was fun. We ate lunch at cookies bbq. Loved their food. My husband and daughter also went on a bike ride around the island. That afternoon I spent relaxing time in the rainforest room

Day 1
We just got off the Dream yesterday and had a wonderful trip. We flew to Miami the night before the cruise and stayed at the EB hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was so nice. The rooms were huge and the bathroom has an incredible shower. The next morning we took Disney transportation to the port. This was not incredibly well run. We waited an hour in the lobby before we finally left. They only had 2 people loading bags onto the bus and they were also still collecting bags from the rooms. It all worked out though as the ship took a while to board and we still arrived to the port before boarding started.

We got on the ship around noon and immediately headed to the spa for rainforest passes. We were able to get them and they were well worth it! Used the rainforest room every day. Next we went for lunch at Animators. It was a good meal and it was nice avoiding the rush at Cabanas.

After lunch we went to check out our rooms. We booked VGT for the first time and were assigned 2 connecting rooms on deck 10. Absolutely loved the location of these rooms just one deck down from the pool, cabanas, spa, adult area. We also enjoyed having a balcony for the first time. We decided to watch the sail away ftom our balcony. Our room was close to the bridge so we were even able to wave to the captain. We also saw dolphins from our balcony on one occasion.

Later that afternoon we visited Vibe and got the kids signed up for activities. We also watched the Golden Mickeys and our family was interviewed as part of the pre show. We enjoyed meeting our servers that night at Enchanted Garden.
How much was the rainforest room for the 5 day pass?

Day 3
We enjoyed a Day at sea on day 3. We spent alot of time at Satellite Falls relaxing. While we were there an announcement was made that the ship was turning around for a rescue mission. A man's boat capsized off the coast of Cuba. We were able to see the rescue from the top deck. So glad he was ok.

That evening we saw Beauty and the Beast. It was amazing. The effects were phenomenal as was the musical talent. We then dressed up for formal night dinner. We loved our severs but were kind of disappointed with how long dinner took each night. It was almost 2 hours each night. It didn't help that we had late dinner so by the time it was over there was not much to do but go to bed.

My teenagers enjoyed going to Vibe. They made so many friends and felt it was better organized than past Disney cruises. The counselors were really involved and made it fun. My oldest daughter got to go to 1820 society and loved this as well. Disney does such a great job with programming! My husband and I got to spend alot of quality time together with all the kids involved in their clubs.

Thank you for writing this report. My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream out of Miami in April. Any must-dos for adults on the ship?

Thanks!

Do you remember what movies were showing in the Buena Vista Theater? Hoping Black Panther WF might still be showing when we sail next week.

Thanks for the trip report. We sail on the Dream (our first cruise) in a few weeks. So looking forwards to it. I'd really wanted to stay at EB the night before, but it was sold out so we are at the JW Marriott. We ended up with a later PAT so i'm crossing my fingers the Rainforest Room passes aren't sold out by the time we get on there.

Hope you have a great trip! There seemed to be quite a bit of availability for Rainforest when we were there. As long as you head there first after boarding you should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter