• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50% off pins at Disney Store

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I just came back from the Disney store and they're having a 50% off on all their pins ... except for the new Magical Musical Moments pins! Great for me because I'm collecting the country stamps ... I'm just missing one! I think there was 50% off other stuff too ... but the store was closing and I just wanted to grab the pins.

I too just came back from the disney store; went to pick up our "Beauty and the Beast" DVD. I bought some pins for our cruise next month. The store also had some lanyards 50% off.

I picked up some pins too.My DH wanted me to buy some of the beanies too(they were 3 for $25)but I held my ground and told him that I was going to stop collecting them and get into the pins(just Pooh ones though);)

We got a ton of pins yesterday that we are going to use for traders on our next trip. We paid $3.00 each and that will be great traders. We also bought 3 lanyards and 2 of them were lime green. We thought they would be a good deal.

I've got a lot of traders too! Unfortunately, some of them I don't want to give away anymore *lol* ... So I've got to go back for some more... :)

Someone was telling that some CMs are picky about which pins they trade for ... like won't trade the lanyard pins for just any pins. Is that true? :( I was under the impression that they had to trade you the pin as long as it wasn't a duplicate of something they already had.

I sort of picked up pin trading on my last trip but never got into until I was leaving :p

I heard the same thing, however in my case my 6 yr old DS is doing the trading, and no one has been able to refuse him yet!

Does anyone know how long the sale is on until?

Thanks, guys 'cause yesterday as soon as I saw the post DD and I took off to our closest Disney Store and went to town! Got some for trading and some to keep (some we want to keep will take with us in case we can find some that are nicer). Then I remebered that the other one across town doesn't close until 9:00 so headed off there. Glad I did 'cause they also had the lanyards at 50% off and like you Photobear Sam picked up a Green one! Can hardly wait to see what kind are on the Cruise Ship! DD thinks were gonna do this in April, Surprise! She was wondering why Mom picked up so many for just one day of trading????? We've got enough to last the week!

Thanks again!

Regarding trading, the only way a CM can refuse to trade a pin is if they already have it or the pin is on their person and not on their lanyard. I know last year when we first started into the pin trading we started with the Amex White Glove ones and DD wanted a pin but the CM had three of the Amex ones already but he went ahead and traded with her.

Does anyone have an extra September Calander pin they want to trade??? I started collecting the calander ones but I missed September and the store I go to have none left :( Anyone have an extra??

mickey65, which Disney stores have you been to? I usually go either Yorkdale or Fairview Mall ... I can check those two for you if you like :) I might go to Scarborough Town sometime this week too ...

Thanks bunyfoo! I live near Ottawa so I go to the one there. I called them but they said they are out.

Can someone tell me the dates of the sale? I have an hour drive to the nearest Disney store and I don't want to waste the trip.

We asked and all they would say is that the sale could end at any time...Not helpful at all.

The only thing I can suggest is to call in the am to see if the sale is still on that day. If there are any pins or such you are looking for, maybe I could check for you.

Let me know as one store here in Ottawa is actually open on Thanksgiving.

Thanks Sam, I'll call them in the a.m. I'm not really looking for any in particular, we're just starting. Mostly I like buying the trading pins here when they are on sale.

I was at the Yorkdale and Fairview stores in Toronto yesterday and they still had pins on sale.

I've heard the sales at the Disney stores can end at any time ... and they don't always end at the end of the day, sometimes they end in the middle of the day or at odd times like 7:30 PM. Go figure! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter