• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5000 boxes of cookies to sell PTR

We have finally made it to Disneyland!! We arrived yesterday around 12:30. We made it to our hotel after some confusion with our ride. We didn't know that SuperShuttle only can take 9 people. Our group has 11 people and we weren't suppose to split us up. After my troop leader got extremly mad with the company we sent a mother and daughter group in the other van.

After all of us made it to our hotel we walk to Subway for lunch, then to Disneyland. For one of the girls in our troop this is her very first trip to an amusement park, and she gets to go to Disneyland. What a great way to start. After getting a group picture in front we walked under the bridge. I just happened to get a picture of this girls first expression of Disneyland. Need less to say, she LOVED it! So the first thing we did was go to City Hall and got her a First Visit pin. We also got another girl one because she was 5 the last time she came to Disneyland and she really doesn't remember it.

As a troop we decided to have a contest with selling the most cookies. The top seller in the troop got to pick either the first ride or the first place we ate. Since I was the top seller I chose to do Indiana Jones. However, instead of riding it first we got the fast passes for it. Then we went on Pirates. After that we split in to groups of 6 and 5 making things easier for all of us. We said that we would meet up at Indian Jones when our fast passes were first open. Which wasn't until 7:45. It was during this time that we found our that our two first timers did in fact like roller coasters. :banana: I was worried that we would have to have an adult wait with one of the girls while everyone else did a roller coaster. After Indie we went back to the hotel and ordered Chinese to be delivered. A couple of us almost fell asleep before dinner even got here. Then myself, and probably everyone else went to sleep.

Today we went to Universal Studios. This was my first time along with the first time of many of the people in my group. We loved it. I got my picture with Curious George, which was the one character within Disney and Universal that I had to get my picture with. The first thing we did there was go on the Simpson ride. Next we did the Studio Tour. It was during this that I got to see my first celebritie. I got to see Terry Hatcher as she was walking her dog after filming a scene for Desperate Housewives. I was so excited. We then attempted to split the group up, but that didn't work to well. We all went on the Mummy ride and the Jurassic Park ride. While I loved the Mummy ride I hated the Jurassic Park ride. But then again I don't like Splash Mountain either. We then walked through the House of Horrors, where I laughed the entire way through, laughing at the girls in my group that were behind me. Lets just say that one of the girls called the real person Chucky a creeper. Well he didn't like that to much. :rotfl2: We then went and watched the Blues Brothers, where a girl in my group got pulled up on stage to dance. Soon after that we went and saw Shrek 4-D. With a half-an-hour until closing we decided to go shopping.

When we finally left the park it took about a hour and a half bus ride for us to get back to our hotel. We were going to attept swimming, but we were all hungry. After disscussing for 15 min where we were going to eat we ended up splitting into to groups. My mom with myself and two other girls went to IHOP while the rest of the group went some where in Downtown Disney. Now I am sitting in my hotel room writing this waiting for the other group to get back.

I will try to keep you all updated throughout the trip, and I will post pics when I get home.

Sounds like you are having a great time. Can't wait to hear more. Don't forget to take lots of pictures. Have fun tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! This sounds like a great experience for all of you girls!
Sure beats the trip to the trip hatchery and the post office we did when I was a girl guide!! :lmao:

Enjoy the rest of your trip - you earned it!

Sounds like a great first day!! Hope to hear more soon!!:goodvibes

This is attempt number 3 on updating everyone on the rest of our trip. Every time I tried to write the update half of it would delete. Eventually I gave up writing it until know.
On Tuesday my troop went to the Magic Morning. However, my mom and I upgraded our passes to annual passes on Sunday, so we were unable to go with everyone else. When we were able to go in we met up with our group at SM. After getting fastpasses for SM, where the line was longer then I expected it to be, we went to get the AAA laynards for the rest of my group. Unfortunately, on of the girls needed to be talked to by a couple of the adults so the rest of us left those 3 allown and went on the Buzz Lightyear ride. While many of the girls ddidn't like it I still loved it.
By the time we had made it through the ride the girl and the two adults had finished talking, and California Adventure had opened, so we went over there. The first thing we did there was get in line for Soarin' where it was only a 30 min wait. We decided that we wanted to get fast passes for Hollywood Tower of Terror. After Soarin' we went straight over there to get our FP. It was only a 13 min wait, but not all of our group was with us so we waited. Finally everyone got caught up to us and we got in line, saving our FP for later. This was my first time on TOT and I was terrified. I screamed like crazy. But it was fun.
On a side note, I have finally made it further with the update then I did either of the times I tried typing this before. LOL:cool1:
Back to the trip. We had lunch after TOT, then went over to California Screamin' and got FP. Then headed over to Grizzly Rapid Ride. All but one adult was going to ride. Unfortunately for me about 3/4 of the way through the line I had to go to the restroom and couldn't wait, so I had to leave everyone else. Thankfully we got to go again later in the day because it was hot that day. After GRR we went and did Screamin', however we had to do it in two groups because some girls didn't want to go on the ride. After that ride we all got ice cream, then two of us girls and my mom went back to the hotel for a little rest. The rest of the girls were going to see Aladdin, but they didn't believe me when I told them that they wouldn't make the show if we stopped for ice cream. Lets just say I was right and they didn't make the show.
After a couple hours at the hotel we went and picked up our dinners for WOC. It was so much more amazing the second time. Next we went over to TOT, we wanted to have a different experience. One of the girls in our group refused to go on TOT, she doesn't like the falling feeling. But we wanted to let her know when we were on the ride so we decided that when the doors opened for the first time, where they take the picture, that we would yell her name. We got our entire car to yell her name too, they just asked us to make an "L" with our right hand. What is funny, is the girl's name started with an "L". When we got off the ride we found out that the girl didn't hear us. Which was a big disappointment. We then headed back to Disneyland to use our FP at SM. I then headed back to the hotel while everyone else stayed until Midnight. After the WOC dinner one of the girls and my mom had gone back to the hotel, so I wasn't allown. The girl haden't been feeling good.
I know this is long, but I am not planning on telling you the entire Wednesday. Wednesday was the day for Disneyland. Honestly I don't remember what we did on Wednesday other then getting to go to Fantasyland. One of the only times our group split up was when four of us stayed in Fantasyland and everyone else went to TT. When we met up for lunch we were at the Princess area. It was so hot that day that I didn't want to eat a hot baked potato in the heat. After lunch we headed over to California Adventure to get fast passes for GRR because it was sooooo hot. We got the FP but they were good until 7pm. We figured it would be cooling off by that point, so we didn't end up going. While everyone else was going to do Screamin' I was going to get lunch, but Screamin' was broken down. So we went back to the hotel room. Mom took me and one other girl to get McDonalds to take back to the hotel.
Around 5 everyone but me and my mom went back to Disneyland. I however, had been feeling left out of our group of 7 girls and I wasn't ready to go back. After about an hour of crying we went back to the park. We were there until midnight after which we went back to the hotel.
We spent Thursday shopping in DTD, and flying back home. I was so happy to be home. While I loved going with the girls spending 4 nights in a room with 5 people that is only suppose to hold 4 people I was grumpy and sleepy (yes like the dwarfs) and ready to be home.

Hi there! So glad to hear your trip was such a success!

I am a leader for two troops -- Daisies and Cadettes. My older girls set the goal of wanting to go to Disneyland this year as well. We told the girls that they would each have to sell 1000 boxes of cookies to be able to meet that goal. 5 out of the 6 girls were able to reach that goal! We will be going in June, once everyone is out of school.

I saw a poster asking about how monies are spent and giving back to the community. 1000 boxes is a lot of cookies, especialy at $4 a box here in NV. Out of that $4, only 85 cents stays with the troop. We split that amount with the girls -- 40 cents per box towards the trip (appx $400 a girl) and 45 cents to the troop (appx $450). The money that stays with our troop is used to fund our activities throughout the year. Last year, that included a camping trip, first aid, cpr, & babysitting cetification for the girls, a few Council events, and 12 service projects (giving back to the community) plus the 12 or so badges they completed. At the Cadette level, every Interest Project (ie badge) we work on includes at one service project. Every troop is different in the Girl Scout Experience they lead the girls on.

Once again, Bravo to your girls for sell all those cookies! And a HUGE thank you for being a leader to those girls!

Originally 4 out of 7 of the girls had set out to sell 1000 boxes of cookies. Only 1 of them were able to sell that many. It is always harder for the older girls to sell the cookies, especially when they all have prior committments.
I am glad that your troop will be able to go this June. How many will be going? Also when in June will you be there. I am suppose to be going back at the beginning of June. Maybe we will be there around the same time.

Sounds like a fun and exhausting time. ;) Last time I went to Disneyland I saw Terry Hatcher, she was getting on the tea cups with her daughter and friends. I was super excited being that Desperate housewives is one of my favorite shows. She isn't my first celebrity sighting or the first celebrity I've ever met. I used to work for an airline and I met a LOT of them. Kevin Bacon, Sigorney Weaver (sp), Darrel Hannah, Jeff Foxworthy, Toby McGuire, Kirsten Dunst, Shirley McClain, Julianne Moore... Just to name a few. That's one of the only things I miss working there... I love going to Hollywood and searching for celebs though.

Anyway, great TR, can't wait to see pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter