• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's Prime Time with larger party?

sjlogghe

Mouseketeer
Hello! Hitting Disney Nov/Dec. Our ADR window opens next week. One member of our group thought 50's Prime Time Cafe would be fun to eat at, then she saw somewhere that it isn't good for larger parties. Is that true?

We are a party of 8 - 5 adults, 3 children (4, 7, 9). From pictures online it looks as though there are plenty of tables that would fit a party of 8. I'm guessing we would maybe have to wait a bit even with a reservation for a bigger table? Any thoughts?

Any additional info on other places to eat with a party of 8 would be welcomed! This is year 4 going as a party of 8, so we're trying to explore other options than some of our "regular" restaurants! :)

We have a 50's Prime Time reservation for 8 (all adults) on Saturday. I can revisit this post when we get back and let you know how it went.

We didn't do too many ADR's this trip because of our large group and the F&W festival. We have Prime Time, Hoop Dee Doo Revue (for 10 adults), and Chef Mickey's (10 adults - had to separate that into 4 and 6).

I have eaten there with a group of 8 and many times with 6. Be prepared to eat at off times for a larger group. I think we ended up with a time around 3:00 for the largest group that year.

We have a 50's Prime Time reservation for 8 (all adults) on Saturday. I can revisit this post when we get back and let you know how it went.

We didn't do too many ADR's this trip because of our large group and the F&W festival. We have Prime Time, Hoop Dee Doo Revue (for 10 adults), and Chef Mickey's (10 adults - had to separate that into 4 and 6).
If you could let me know how it goes, I'd be very appreciative! Our reservation window opens next Wednesday. I'd be interested to hear how Hoop Dee Doo Revue is as well, we are considering that option too!

I have eaten there with a group of 8 and many times with 6. Be prepared to eat at off times for a larger group. I think we ended up with a time around 3:00 for the largest group that year.

Thanks for the reply, we'll have to take that into consideration!

If you could let me know how it goes, I'd be very appreciative! Our reservation window opens next Wednesday. I'd be interested to hear how Hoop Dee Doo Revue is as well, we are considering that option too!

Thanks for the reply, we'll have to take that into consideration!
I'll try my best. We leave tomorrow and don't return until 9/30, but I will see if I can get on during some down time. Our lunch reservation is for 1:30pm on Saturday, so not too much of an off time for lunch.

Our Hoop Dee Doo reservation isn't until Wednesday evening so by the time that happens you will have already hit your open ADR window. But I will let you know how it goes. We are booked for a party of 10 for the 4:30 show in Category 1.

I say - book them both!

Hello! Hitting Disney Nov/Dec. Our ADR window opens next week. One member of our group thought 50's Prime Time Cafe would be fun to eat at, then she saw somewhere that it isn't good for larger parties. Is that true?

We are a party of 8 - 5 adults, 3 children (4, 7, 9). From pictures online it looks as though there are plenty of tables that would fit a party of 8. I'm guessing we would maybe have to wait a bit even with a reservation for a bigger table? Any thoughts?

Any additional info on other places to eat with a party of 8 would be welcomed! This is year 4 going as a party of 8, so we're trying to explore other options than some of our "regular" restaurants! :)
It's been some years ago that we had a party of 9 at Prime Time, seated all together at several tables pushed together along the wall in a little sort of alcove. They shouldn't have trouble with an ADR for 8, since they'll know you're coming.

I'd say the same for Hoop Dee Doo Revue - they're accustomed to seating larger parties. DH and I were there in July, and there was a party of 6 or 8 in front of the stage and a larger party, maybe 10? about 4th row from the stage.

Another restaurant that's accustomed to larger parties would be Biergarten. They seat parties at individual tables now, but before Covid their routine was tables for 8 with two or more parties sharing the table. I know they can seat up to 12 at one table.

I'd definitely want to book as a single party of 8 for all three of those.

My last trip we ate at 50s PTC as a party of 5, and we were seated at a 6 top but it was right next to a 4 top, so I think they would be able to seat a party of 8 if they moved those tables together alongside the booth.

We have been there with a group of 2,4,5 and 9.....everytime its been great and a real fun place to eat and get yelled at to keep you elbows off the table !!!!.... lol !!!! We love it there !!!

We ate at 50's PT as a party of 7 in June with no problems. Our reservation was for a typical lunch time as well, right around noon.

I’m curious as well, we have 2 parties one of 4, and one of 6 so total of 10 for Prime Time Dec 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter