50's PT or Mama Melrose?

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
We will be in DHS only one afternoon/evening of our upcoming trip in December.

I have ADRs booked (and will cancel the one we decide against) at 50's PT and Mama Melrose.

We will be traveling with our twin baby girls who will turn 1 the following day.

After dinner, we will go see the Osbourne Lights (our first time) and then probably head back to the resort.

We are on the Dining Plan but will be paying OOP for this meal.

Also, we have eaten at 50's PT before and enjoyed the kitsch but have never been to Mama Melrose.

Can you please give me your honest opinions as to which of these two restaurants would work best for our family?

Thanks so much!

sorry, not a big fan of doubling up on ADRS. not fair to others trying to get a time. actually they usually will not allow it.

I have eatten at both - Mama Melrose has very good food, but a limitied menu.

Maybe check the menus at allears.net to see if the options are what you expect.

We ate last week at Mama Melrose as part of the Fantasmic dinner package. We aren't big fans of DHS TS or CS for that matter. DHS surprised us on both counts this trip!

We had excellent service and great food at Mama Melrose. (we have ate at all other DHS TS and this is now our favorite!)

You will be right at the heart of the lights also. We all liked the relaxing atmosphere of MM.

sorry, not a big fan of doubling up on ADRS. not fair to others trying to get a time. actually they usually will not allow it.

I haven't eaten at either place but I did want to say that I agree with dalt01. It really bothers me when people do this. ADRs can be hard enough to get, why make it harder on others by taking up two? It is just plain inconsiderate. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

I love Mama Melrose, so that one gets my vote. The food and service has always been good.

MM was the worst meal we've ever had in WDW-I'd never go back. We have an ADR at 50's for our trip next month.

We ate at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dining Package last April. Next to Boma, it was our family's favorite meal. And the atmosphere is just lovely...very low lighting, not too big and wonderful service. Eat an early supper so you can walk it off...we were so full...it was awesome!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter