50s PTC - what's the deal with res. for 3?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
There will be 3 in our party. Every reservation attempted for 3 people at 50s PTC (nowhere else) has the cautionary message that our party may be seated at more than one table. This happened both online and when I called in person. When I called, I asked the CM if they would really separate a party of 3 so that one person would wind up sitting alone totally apart from the other 2. The CM said, "yes, I guess they would". Seriously?? :confused3

When I plug in 4 people, that message doesn't appear. Aren't 3 people commonly seated at a table for 4 anyway?

I kept our reservation, figuring that we'd just have to deal with it in person if the problem actually arises.

Anyone else have this experience with reservations for 3 at 50s PTC?

I wonder the same thing. We most likely will be a party of three, also. One person would be a child. I was thinking of making an ADR for four. Arrive and say someone couldn't make it. Is this okay?

Thank you for bring this to my attention. I did not notice it when I booked on line. I just check the paperwork they emailed me and there it was.

So, has this happened to anyone? I do not want our party of 3 at 2 different tables.:confused3

Thanks.

same thing here. booked today with prime time and was told we would probably be seated at separate tables but the tables would be close together.:rotfl:

I've seen that message come up on reservations for 1 person. When I find out how they intend to split a party of one, then I'll worry about it.

All I know is if they intend to split our family up they can put the kids at a seperate table...lol! I would love to see that!:rolleyes1

I have the same problem when I try to book for Ohana - always says that our party of 4 might be split. But only comes up when the reservation is after 7 PM...Anytime I got a search that showed early, liker 5:30, didn't have the message. Maybe the message comes up when it is the restaurant's busiest time of the day?

I've seen that message come up on reservations for 1 person. When I find out how they intend to split a party of one, then I'll worry about it.

It must be certain restaurants. I have made 4 ADRs for our upcoming trip, LeCellier, Ohana, RFC, and Kona Cafe for me, DW, and DS and did not get that message.

I couldn't even get a ressie for 50's PT for 3 at 180 days out. :scared1:

I just booked it for 4 and plan to tell them that 1 person couldn't make it. :confused3

Okay, I know what it says on the reservation.
But has anyone checked in with 3 people and had to sit at separate tables?

Just wondering.

I've eaten at 50's at least 5 times with just three people..not once have we been put at two tables. And I did just book it for our Aug trip, and it did say that when I booked, but I don't pay much attention to that.

it's just a glitch in the system, I think. It comes up all the time for me, regardless of party size. I've booked for 2, for 3 and for 4 at various places & sometimes it comes up, sometimes it doesn't. They won't split a party of 3.

That is just plain crazy! I wouldn't eat there if they split us up! We ate there for the first time last year and we are a party of three. We were in a corner and there were people seated very close to us, but we didn't mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter