50th Anniversary Ideas - Help!

Baileymouse

<font color=teal>Has now been touched by the Tag F
Hi Everyone,

Dh and I are sending his parents to WDW as a 50th Anniversary present. Translation: I'm doing all the planning work. My in-laws have NEVER been to Disney although they are seasoned world travelers.

We have them booked at the Dolphin, and I have bought their air tickets, 4-day passes, and a whole mess of Disney Dollars. Now I'd like ideas on how to make their stay special. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. They will be there from 10/31 - 11/4, so it'll be during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, which I'm sure they'll love.
Thanks for your help,
Adele

How about a Fireworks cruise on the breathless....a little pricey, but well worth it. I did the fireworks cruise on the pontoon boat (there were 12 of us)... plus, being at the dolphin, they are so close to the docks!

What kind of room did you book at the Dolphin? If you book them a king room they will have a covered corner balcony. If they are on an odd numbered floor they will have two balconies. I always ask for a king room, I love those corner balconies.

Illuminations cruise is good-there is also a specialty cruise for the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Victoria and Alberts is very special, very expensive too but offers a very romantic and magical dinner.

Cirque du Soleil La Nouba is just awesome.

I think it's easier to see Fantasmic at MGM if you book the Fantasmic dinner package. You don't have to give up so much time by going a couple of hours early to get a good seat and you are right at the exit when Fantasmic ends.

Any of the tours are good. I especially would like to experience the Dolphins in Depth at EPCOT.

Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. So much fun, smoke free environment, you can spend an entire evening there--it's a blast.

Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. Very romantic and just a pleasant ride in a horse drawn carriage.

Dinner in the castle, if you time it right they can watch the fireworks from there. So special.

How remarkable that your parents have been married 50 years. They must be true soulmates. What a great gift this trip is for them.

Katholyn

Great suggestions!

There are many nice dining options fro special occasions- Victoria & Albert's, Narcoosee's, Artist Point, California Grille, Wolfgang Puck's, Fulton's - to name a few. There are also some special dining options available during the Food/Wine Fest (advance reservation required).

They can take a behind the scenes tour or have a personal tour tailored to their own tastes- especially if this is a first visit. Since you know their tastes, you can suggest some "don't miss" things in each park.

I'd suggest catching as many of the "performance" attractions as possible. Things like Voices of Liberty, Dapper Dans, etc are great opportunities in the parks. There is a schedule for these concerts available at each park.

What a great accomplishment and a terrific way to help them celecbrate!

Thanks everyone!

You've all made some really good suggestions. Right now I'm working on a brochure in Publisher with the trip details and the "don't miss" ideas.

I think they're going to love this trip.

Best wishes to everyone,
Adele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter