50th birthday August 2019 or Just November 2020?

Would you be willing to tour differently than you usually do? Would your husband and daughter go back to the hotel at the hottest parts of the day (or whenever they just can’t take it anymore) and let you stay in the parks? I think it depends on how you look at the trip. Is it an extra birthday bonus or does it have to be one where you cram as much in as possible? I’d there somewhere else you’d enjoy spending your birthday just as much?

I think you could have a terrific birthday trip to WDW if you don’t expect it to be the same as every other trip. I also think you could have a fantastic birthday trip somewhere else if you aren’t wishing you were in Disney.

Would you be willing to tour differently than you usually do? Would your husband and daughter go back to the hotel at the hottest parts of the day (or whenever they just can’t take it anymore) and let you stay in the parks? I think it depends on how you look at the trip. Is it an extra birthday bonus or does it have to be one where you cram as much in as possible? I’d there somewhere else you’d enjoy spending your birthday just as much?

I think you could have a terrific birthday trip to WDW if you don’t expect it to be the same as every other trip. I also think you could have a fantastic birthday trip somewhere else if you aren’t wishing you were in Disney.
I have been trying to find another place to be, and nothing comes close. We have been to the world multiple times, so the must do items would be minimal. FOP for them, slinky dog for all, and an amazing dinner for my day. I would also love to go on caring for giants if it is still happening. Everything else would be frosting. Oh no. Now I am really starting to dream. I can almost smell it...

My dream is to be in the magic kingdom on my 50th birthday in mid-august, but my husband and daughter can't take the heat and humidity of Orlando. We have never gone in the summer but did visit during a very hot and humid May. My husband has bravely told me to book and he will make it work. We have a 7 day two family trip coming up late fall of 2020. We live in upstate New York with humid summers but nothing like florida. Should I just wait until 2020 or go for it in August 2019 too?

I would wait - the summers are brutal, no matter how much you drink water and rest. Doesn't get much worse than mid - august, even though all summer is rough being outside at Disney. Even the mornings and evenings are no fun - start getting 'wet' the minute you step outside, and I'm a deep south girl!

I love the heat - summer is my favorite season, 'but' I don't stay outside all day like we do at Disney. Being in intermittent AC does not get it!!! There's lots of being outside with the sun beating down on you at Disney, plus the 75% humidity - or more, and the 'lobster broiling' affects after a thunderstorm. :crazy2:

Last edited:
I think that you should go! I have been in July, August and September while living in San Francisco. Think wearing a jacket to work in July because of the fog. Despite living in a cooler climate and not being used to humidity, we still had amazing trips! One trip even included grandparents who were in their 80s. Rope drop, spend the afternoon napping or at the pool and go back for dinner and nighttime shows. You will have a wonderful birthday!

My birthday is mid Sept but WDW would be way too hot for me so I “postponed” my birthday celebration for the last 2 weeks of Oct. Even that was hot enough for this Canadian.

If it is your dream to be there for your 50th, then do it! I went for my 50th and it was extra magical. If you can swing it financially, stay at one of the deluxe resorts. We went in August one year and kept our park time to early mornings or evenings. The rest of the day we enjoyed the amenities of the resort and ate one nice table service meal each day. I think if you don’t go, you will regret it.

I never wanted to do summer (We are in PA). But as we have fallen more and more in love with WDW and want are now trying to go yearly, it has to be summer. I won't take my daughter out of school now that she's in middle school. We like to go for 10-14 days and that is not feasible during the school year, so summer it is. We went last June, I thought it was going to be miserable and it really didn't seem all that different than our October and November trips, a little more rain, but even that wasn't all that bad.

We are going the last two weeks of August since we don't start school til after Labor Day and it's my 50th Bday trip!

I know most feel differently but we've been to Disney in CA and in FL in August and I think California is worse. Partly because we tend to just have three days of tickets in CA compared to 10+ days in FL so it is harder to take a long break in the middle of the day. But partly the humid heat does bother me less than the dry heat. Obviously, most feel differently but it is something worth considering (also, pools tend to be nicer in Florida).

I told my husband that I have been thinking and pondering and dreaming, and I really want to be at the world for my 50th birthday. He put his arms around me and said the magic words. "Rope drop, pool time, and late nights. If Disney is what you want for your day, that is what we do."

He thinks his big gift is a lake trip on his 50th this year. He doesn't know I bought him tickets to the season opener for his NFL team yet!

I am over the moon. Thank you all so much for your ideas and encouragement. 426 days to go!

The first year I went in August I was terrified after reading some of these boards. I thought it was going to be melt your face off hot with love bugs swarming me. It was not. I'm from CT so while we have some hot days, we do not reach levels like FL. We loved going in August and wish we still could (my job now prevents that) for so many reasons. Yes it is hot. But you can manage it. If your husband and daughter are the type to whine and complain, yes it will be miserable. But if they just don't like it but will cope and manage with strategies like drinking water and doing indoor rides at peak times, I say go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter