50th Birthday in Disneyland

gerilyne

DIS Veteran
Hello friends! After not traveling to DL since the week it closed in March of 2020 (and the past 2 years traveling to WDW) we are heading back home for my 50th birthday in October. We just decided yesterday to book the trip and so now I'm thing to reacquaint myself with all things Disneyland.

I think I have a good handle on how genie + is different in DL from WDW and that park hopping is earlier in the day. But how early are people lining up for the 30 min early entry for either park and are dining reservations really that difficult to get? We are only wanting to go to Cafe Orleans on arrival day as is tradition for us and maybe brunch at Lamplight. Any tips or tricks?

Can't wait to be back home again!

Reservations are mostly needed, but is Cafe Orleans closed for refurb or is that something else? (Tiana's?)

We went for my 45th during the same time and I remember sitting on a planter just feeling so dejected about the crowds (I usually go in Aug). But... I just really miss being in the parks. WDW just doesn't hit the same notes for me.
I think that as long as you are aware you'll be able to have a great time. Use all the tools available to you, Genie+, LL+, rope drop, etc.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting Cafe Orleans, but Lamplight Brunch is very popular and can be hard to get. Brunch is only Fri-Sat-Sun, I think. Sign into the app or your account on the Disneyland website before 6am PST to get your reservations. Reservations open at 6. You need to do this 60 days out from each day you're visiting. I assume you're staying on property since you asked about early entry. People staying on property have been able to access reservations earlier than 6am, so you could try at 5am PST or even 4:30.

Have a wonderful time! Be sure to get your birthday button when you get into the park :)

I don't think you'll have a problem getting Cafe Orleans, but Lamplight Brunch is very popular and can be hard to get. Brunch is only Fri-Sat-Sun, I think. Sign into the app or your account on the Disneyland website before 6am PST to get your reservations. Reservations open at 6. You need to do this 60 days out from each day you're visiting. I assume you're staying on property since you asked about early entry. People staying on property have been able to access reservations earlier than 6am, so you could try at 5am PST or even 4:30.

Have a wonderful time! Be sure to get your birthday button when you get into the park :)
Thank you! And yes we are staying at the DLH just to be close to Trader Sam's and because it was where my husband and I stayed on our first trip together 5 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter