50th Celebration starts on March 21

The 50th ticket special is buy one and get one at 50% off.

I can't find confirmation of it right this minute, but I believe you have to buy the tickets online, they are not at the gate.

And they are just regular park tickets? Seems like a good deal. Wonder if they'll do it for the duration of the celebration?

We ended up going on 3/21 for the first day of the celebration before flying home that night. My 4 year old loved the signs throughout the park which talked about the different milestones. We had to stop and read each one. We missed the ceremonies upfront because my son was in a hurry to get to feeding the stingrays. Unfortunately the surprise patrol didn't pick us for a surprise and I completely missed the area for pass members only.

We were there twice this week. The 50th celebration squad shows up at the shows and gives out prizes to random folks. We saw them at 3 shows were were at and they gave out 3 prizes each time. Given the size of these show arenas you can imagine the chance of getting a prize is slim. The prizes varied - Shamu bubble maker, refillable drink cups, photo package, free 90 minute behind the scenes tour, etc. It was fun!

We were at SeaWorld today, and were selected as prize winners by Mindy and Darwin of the Surprise Squad :) . We won VIP tours for all of us....a 6 hour tour with a dedicated guide that also provided us each with free all day dining, free Quick Queue, free reserved seating at the shows, and free sea lion feeding, dolphin feeding, and stingray feeding. We were over the moon!!!

We were there at park opening, and were on our way to breakfast at SeaFire Inn when they approached us with the prize.

We were at SeaWorld today, and were selected as prize winners by Mindy and Darwin of the Surprise Squad :) . We won VIP tours for all of us....a 6 hour tour with a dedicated guide that also provided us each with free all day dining, free Quick Queue, free reserved seating at the shows, and free sea lion feeding, dolphin feeding, and stingray feeding. We were over the moon!!!

We were there at park opening, and were on our way to breakfast at SeaFire Inn when they approached us with the prize.

That really is awesome - you've been so consistently helpful on the SW boards that it's nice to see karma bounce back like that!! Congrats!

Oh Gina, that is AWESOME! You are such a sweetie and have been such a huge help on this board that I can't even be jealous ;). That is really, really wonderful.

But did you actually get to feed the sea lions? Or the birds that hang around them?

Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome! They sure picked the right fans! :thumbsup2

Congrats! So happy for you and your family! You definitely deserve it! Will you be at SeaWorld for Light Up The Night this weekend?

Oh Gina, that is AWESOME! You are such a sweetie and have been such a huge help on this board that I can't even be jealous ;). That is really, really wonderful.

But did you actually get to feed the sea lions? Or the birds that hang around them?

Thank you!!! :)

As for the sea lion feeding, our guide warned us about those pesky birds .... so we managed to out-wit them :thumbsup2 . All of our fish managed to go straight into the mouths of those barking beasts.....they were so stinking cute, but man they were LOUD :crazy2: !

Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome! They sure picked the right fans! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

Congrats! So happy for you and your family! You definitely deserve it! Will you be at SeaWorld for Light Up The Night this weekend?

Thanks KBF :goodvibes . We are hoping to make it to the Saturday showing of Light Up The Night (we fly out early Sunday evening :sad:). I thought it would be a perfect way to spend the last night of our trip. Do you plan to be there as well?

I'm going to SeaWorld on Sunday with some friends, so i'll be going on Sunday night. Hope you enjoy the show! It's great!

How lovely Gina, couldn't have happened to a nicer person!! :yay:

When we were there in May we won Dine With Shamu, funnily enough we had booked this for that day so they refunded our charges to my card.

We were at the pearl diving and knew enough to shout and cheer when the crowd was asked if we were enjoying ourselves and it helped to be standing next to them when cheering and I like to think wearing my flamingo t-shirt helped ;)

Thank you!!! :)

As for the sea lion feeding, our guide warned us about those pesky birds .... so we managed to out-wit them :thumbsup2 . All of our fish managed to go straight into the mouths of those barking beasts.....they were so stinking cute, but man they were LOUD :crazy2: !

Thank you! :goodvibes

Thanks KBF :goodvibes . We are hoping to make it to the Saturday showing of Light Up The Night (we fly out early Sunday evening :sad:). I thought it would be a perfect way to spend the last night of our trip. Do you plan to be there as well?

Did you get to see the show?

How lovely Gina, couldn't have happened to a nicer person!! :yay:

When we were there in May we won Dine With Shamu

Thank you edinburghlass! :goodvibes

DWS is also an excellent prize!!! A friend of mine who visited the first week of May won a Seaworld watch. The prizes sound like they are quite varied, which makes it so much fun!

Strangely enough, on our second SW day, we didn't see the Surprise Squad at all. Not once!

Did you get to see the show?

We did!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: And it was absolutely incredible!! :cheer2:

The DJ was awesome (he loved every minute of his job, and it showed), the music was so much fun, the multi-colored lighting was fantastic, and the fireworks at the end were absolutely the most fitting finale for such a great show. I have always adored One Ocean, but Shamu's Light Up the Night beat it hands-down. We had a ball!

We ended up arriving before noon and spending more than 9 hours at the park again that day. After having the VIP tour on the first visit, it was nice to have a second, more flexible day to hit the attractions at a little more leisurely pace. We purchased QQ and all day dining again, and put them both to good use :) .

Thank you edinburghlass! :goodvibes

DWS is also an excellent prize!!! A friend of mine who visited the first week of May won a Seaworld watch. The prizes sound like they are quite varied, which makes it so much fun!

Strangely enough, on our second SW day, we didn't see the Surprise Squad at all. Not once!

We did!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: And it was absolutely incredible!! :cheer2:

The DJ was awesome (he loved every minute of his job, and it showed), the music was so much fun, the multi-colored lighting was fantastic, and the fireworks at the end were absolutely the most fitting finale for such a great show. I have always adored One Ocean, but Shamu's Light Up the Night beat it hands-down. We had a ball!

We ended up arriving before noon and spending more than 9 hours at the park again that day. After having the VIP tour on the first visit, it was nice to have a second, more flexible day to hit the attractions at a little more leisurely pace. We purchased QQ and all day dining again, and put them both to good use :) .

Did you take pictures? I hope so! lol. Always enjoy your trip reports!

Did you take pictures? I hope so! lol. Always enjoy your trip reports!

Sadly, I got very few pictures of the night show :sad1: . My camera batteries dwindled to almost nothing, and I forgot to bring an extra package with me. I have a scant few photos of Shamu's Light Up The Night, but not many. Lots of SW pics in general, though!!

Feel free to join in on my trip report anyway! Its about to get underway soon, switching over from my PTR (click on the link in my signature to go straight there :goodvibes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter