52-Week Savings Challenge

Wow, I wish we knew people to invite us for vacation. My parents own a house on the lake and about the only thing to do is fish. My whole family, uses my parents and go there all the time, but then they all complain about swimmers itch all summer. And then they yell about each other because someone didn't clean up to someone else's satisfaction. No thanks, give me Disney any day.

Thats nice of your parent to let family use their house on the lake. Not cool for those that use it and complain :/ That would drive me crazy!!!

The close family on Dh's side that invited us have a lil one (4years old) and it was their first time traveling with their child. We knew going into it that there might be ups and downs and things not running smoothly but we also appreciated being invited and knew we would have to be patient. We have a teen and we remember the days of traveling with a lil one-lol! We actually had a goodtime and the kids were great!

We've been to Disneyland several times and to WDW once. I would love to go back and do WDW but I cant handle the humidity :sick::eek: lol!

I've only been on two cruises but I'll take a cruise any day:yay::cheer2:

How many are keeping up with the challenge and how many have quit already???

I am still doing the challenge. I am doing it backwards so it is easier. I made it through the whole year last year so I felt comfortable doing it backwards. It is a nice way to pay for a graduate class for DH. Keep it up guys

I'm still doing it, too. Each week I let one of my boys pull a number from a container and then I move that amount into my 52-week savings account. Right now I'm up to $246.

We decided recently we'd put our money towards a big vacation we are planning for next summer.

Good luck everyone!

I am still doing the challenge but in reverse. I just put $41 in the envelope so now I have $558!! :cool1:

I used this savings plan as a jumping point. I'm depositing multiples of $5 every paycheck which is twice a month. So in January I started with deposits of $5 and $10. February was $15 and $20 etc. I'm excited to have SOMETHING in savings and I am determined to keep it there for our emergency fund. I should have $1500 by the end of the year.

We are still in it :) I love seeing the envelope get fatter and fatter. Dh likes counting the money lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I started out doing the 52 week challenge and had to change it a little because hubby gets laid off quite a bit and we are saving for a new roof too but so far I have 500.00 saved toward the 52 week challenge and we have 3000.00 for a new roof I am doing the 52 week challenge for my disney trip this Christmas :cool1:

I'm still doing the challenge in forward fashion so far. I love seeing the results. Wdw 2015... Here I come ;)

I tried saving money by just putting it in an envelope here at my house and my will power was awful! I finally broke down and told myself to take it to the bank. Now I have saved a little over 900 dollars! Makes me so proud of myself!!!! Disney here we come!!!!!

I tried saving money by just putting it in an envelope here at my house and my will power was awful! I finally broke down and told myself to take it to the bank. Now I have saved a little over 900 dollars! Makes me so proud of myself!!!! Disney here we come!!!!!

I also don't have the will power to keep a saving envelop with money-lol! My 52 week challenge is in a xmas account at my work credit union. I love the way that
1. I can just write a check and mail it to deposit the money into my xmas account.
2. If I withdrawl any amount before Nov 1st , they will automatically refund all my money and close the account until after Nov 1st and I have to reopen
3. Credit union is on my home but I'd have to get off freeway and then get back on which I hate-lol!
4. First week of Nov I get a check mailed to me with all my money :)
5. The key for me is not having easy access to my money

I am also doing this challenge.. for the first 3 month of the year I've been following week 1 =$1 week 2 =$2 ect.. however starting with my first paycheck of April I am counting down backwards so that will be $52 , $51 , $50 Up here in the North it's hard to take big lumps out of your check if it's not going towards heating! keep going everyone , you're doing great!

3/27 - Just added week 13 so my savings is up to $91

The savings account is up to about $500 now. I save all coins and $1 bills, and DH throws money into the jar every week as well. We have already paid for our campsite (with CM discount :-) ) and CRT. Military tickets will be picked up in June for the 4 of us. I have high hopes that the savings will pay for the rest of our dining and souvenirs with money to spare.

I am also doing this challenge.. for the first 3 month of the year I've been following week 1 =$1 week 2 =$2 ect.. however starting with my first paycheck of April I am counting down backwards so that will be $52 , $51 , $50 Up here in the North it's hard to take big lumps out of your check if it's not going towards heating! keep going everyone , you're doing great!

Keep up the good work :)
The savings account is up to about $500 now. I save all coins and $1 bills, and DH throws money into the jar every week as well. We have already paid for our campsite (with CM discount :-) ) and CRT. Military tickets will be picked up in June for the 4 of us. I have high hopes that the savings will pay for the rest of our dining and souvenirs with money to spare.

Great job! Keep it up :)

I just sent out a check to my credit union for
week 13,14 &15 Reversed
week 38,39 & 40 forward
I'm trying to do two challenges this year

So far I have $795 :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Still going strong! We are ahead, if we get extra money, we put it in the envelope and mark off the week, so we are about a month ahead. I think we have around 300. We are trying not to count it, so it's a surprise at the end.
I am glad to hear that so many of us are still hanging in there, having an envelope full of money, is very tempting.

Moving along nicely as well. Up to 111.00 for week 13 since I am just adding any extra cash I find to the envelope. We do have to pay our seasonal campsite this month as well so cash has been going into that envelope as well. I have discovered I don't like spending cash. I know other people are opposite but envelopes seem to work for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Still hanging in there myself - I have a note on my work calendar every Friday to remind myself to put $$ into my envelope. I just put in whatever extra cash I have and mark it off for that week - I know I have over $300, but don't count it too often. I can't wait until I've marked off every week and my goal is to pay it off by October.

I am still going strong. I am going backward and I found out this weekend that my sister is also doing this but is alternating weeks.

Well today started the week 52 backwards to 13 so total today is $143..

I was doing well but we have opted to donate the savings we have so far to our friends Haitian organization.
So now we will start over for next years donation. We get to donate but not break our bank at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter