5'9" or 6'3" who gets top bunk and who gets the couch?

I'm not sure what "head rail" you're referring to, as the upper bunk is open at both ends.

I've been confused by that too as on who has slept on it before. I was 99.9% sure that there was no "head rail".

They must only put them in when there are kids in the room. We've done four DCL cruises with our two kids (Fantasy, Magic), and there has always been a rail at the head of the top bunk. Just like the one on the side (might be shorter, I've never measured, but same design). I *think* there was one at the foot too, but I'm much less certain about that.

My oldest son is 6'8" now, but the first cruise (Dream) we went on he was about 6'2" or 6'3" and slept on the couch in an inside stateroom just fine. I think he and his younger brother even switched it up and my oldest slept on the top bunk one night.

The second time (Fantasy) we had a family verandah room and he slept on the murphy bed without complaining. He was 6'6" at the time. I think the tall ones kind of get used to it.

Has anyone had experience with tall travelers? One person is 5'9" the other is 6'3" I'm not sure who gets the top bunk and who gets the couch? Can you please tell me your experience?

I love that 5'9" is considered tall in your family. :rotfl2:

The sofa bed, the bunk bed, and the Murphy bed all have twin mattresses. The difference is on the sofa bed, there are the arms of the sofa making it seem "shorter". But they are actually all the same size. Makes the bedding situation much simpler for DCL if they are the same size.

I'm not sure what "head rail" you're referring to, as the upper bunk is open at both ends.

View attachment 350607 View attachment 350608

I've been confused by that too as on who has slept on it before. I was 99.9% sure that there was no "head rail".
I don't have any photos from my Wonder and Magic visits where we have experienced the rails. But I was able to find these with a Google search and it's exactly ours. Looks like a rail on both ends. image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg

I love that 5'9" is considered tall in your family. :rotfl2:
Pretty much if its a woman I consider 5'9" tall. Because any woman that's 5'9" will not be able to fit into most pants/long sleeve tops as they will be too short. But my Dad was 5'10"(he is 75 now he might be shorter now) and needed tall for longer sleeves. But the pants still fit for him. Not sure when a man has trouble with pant lengths where they need tall. My husband is 6' and needs everything tall. I've never known anyone 5'11''. I love tall! I can find my family at festivals and at Disney parks! But I included the 5'9'' height because someone probably had a great suggestion for me if I had a short person too and I'd get all excited thinking I'd have a solution.

I think I'm going to give the queen bed to the tall one and his mom. And my daughter gets the bunk with me on the couch. I've slept there before and its fine by me. (now I got that song in my head "it's fine by me. if you....)

Yeah, those are the removable rails that DCL uses. They aren't usually on the bed, unless you have young children.
On my last reservation of 4 people we were 74, 74, 18, 54. Time before that my daughter was 16, so not likely to fall out of bed. Maybe its a Wonder/Magic thing. I'm glad I was able to show you the head and foot rails since you have never seen them before. Next time you sail maybe you can add those to your photo collection. I'll bet you could make a whole ship from your collection! How do you find space on your PC? Oh I wanted to mention I don't think they can actually be removed, but they do fold under the mattress. I tried to remove them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter