5K Pacing and Run Times

mkpat

Watcha Dooin???
Cannot find this information anywhere, but how strict is Disney as far as pacing goes with the 5K as well as any of the other races? Will they kick you out if you are like dead last or as long as you keep pace with the majority will you be ok?

Cannot find this information anywhere, but how strict is Disney as far as pacing goes with the 5K as well as any of the other races? Will they kick you out if you are like dead last or as long as you keep pace with the majority will you be ok?

Edited...

runDisney states that participants need to keep a 16:00/mile pace in the races. If a participant cannot meet this minimum requirement they can be "swept" off the course (that is, they board a bus and are transported to the finish line).

Keep in mind that the sweep clock starts when the last runner crosses the starting line - so let's say that you are in your starting corral, and you start the race, and the very last runner starts the race 20 minutes after you do. That is extra cushion - you have 16:00/mile plus an extra 20 minutes. This does not apply for challenges - to receive the challenge medal you MUST finish your applicable races with an overall pace of 16:00/mile or faster.

I cannot say this for certain but I do think that they are not as strict for the 5K races*. These races are fun runs and do not have chip timing (that is, your official result is not recorded). They DO have to open the parks at some point, however, so I assume they do have to sweep at some point...not sure when that is.

I hope this makes sense!

*Again, different for challenge runners (specifically Dopey Challenge in January).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter