$6.00 for valet parking?

prplcrzy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Does any one know more about the $6.00 Charge for valet parking? Does this apply to everyone, non-resort guests, resort guests other than Boardwalk resort guests or non DVC members? I was just curious if it is going to cost me a fortune this year to have my car parked for me (It is such a great service, I would hate to think they are charging DVC members who have already made a substantial commitment to Disney) Or is it just to cut out the people who abuse the system?

For DVC members, there is no Valet Parking charge at the Boardwalk. When you leave your car, tell them you are a DVC member. They may want to see your membership card or your room key (with DVC member on it). It is then marked on the valet slip. If they fail to mark it, tell them when you pick up the car, when they try to collect the $6. It was not a problem for us.

Here's what the DVC member website says:
As of July 16, 2001, the Walt Disney World® Resort will adopt a standard industry practice and charge for valet parking at all Walt Disney World Resort locations that offer this guest service. The $6.00 fee (among the lowest in the market) is a daily charge, so once you have paid for valet service, you will receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day.

However, Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for valet parking at Disney's BoardWalk Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge, regardless of where they are staying. Disney Vacation Club Members must show their DVC Member card or Walt Disney World Resort ID indicating that they are a "DVC Member" when leaving their vehicle to be parked in order to receive this service at no charge at either Disney's BoardWalk Resort or Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Members will be charged for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for guests with disabilities with the proper permits. This charge only affects guests and Members who chose to use this service.

I love this board, all of you guys are great. Thanks for the help!

We we stayed a the wilderness logde and told them that we were DVC members they said that we still had to pay 6 bucks a day for parking. So as always the left hand does not talk to the right hand!!!!! Bottom line I don't like to complain and I was not 100% sure so I payed it

We were at WDW when the valet parking fee was introduced (we arrived on Saturady 7/14 and the fee was instituted on Monday 7/16). We were staying at BWV and had PS for dinner at Artist Point on Monday. When we arrived at WL for dinner, the parking attendant CM started to explain the new fee. I indicated that I was a DVC member. He asked to see my DVC member card or room key card and noted our membership on the parking ticket. We were not charged when I retrieved the car to head back to BWV. I was impressed that the CM seemed to know what was going on since this was the first day of the new fee.

When we visited the Poly later in the week, I got a 3-hour parking pass and self-parked. Normally, my DW really enjoys valet parking, but I refuse to make a $4 expense (for tips) into a $10 expense. Also, the self-park lot at the Poly is pretty convenient. I don't even know where the self-park lot is at the BW. LOL.

Ralph

BTW, you pay only once a day for valet parking - your 'pass' is good for the entire day.

Heard from our driver that the valets at WDW are furious, and that tips have dropped about 60% since this new policy started - rumor has it many are looking for new jobs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter