• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6/13/2009 Western on Magic- Our Cruise Chat Continues!

Hi! Is your daughter Layla? My daughter is Ashlyn...

We had a great time! We also rebooked onboard and can't wait to go back,

Hey you guys need to move to the 12/19 Eastern. (I know, it is expensive) We are booked and ready to go. Layla is off for girl scout camp. She has three weeks of it. But she LOVEs ASHLYN!! She would really be moping if she was here for missing her. LOL.

Hi everyone!1 thank you so much for the gifts - they were wonderful and you all are so talented.
We finally made it home - very long day at MCO - feels good to be home, but kind of sad, you know? I wish I could have rebooked on board, but with the economy, things are just too uncertain.
We had such a great time - Tammy, i hope your leg is better and that you found your son before you got off the ship! donna, Morgan is great, thank her for being so nice to ally. Stephanie, brunch was fabulous - thanks for arranging it and fitting me in!
As for my FE gifts, I gave out columbine seeds and it never crossed my mind that you cant bring seeds back to the US!!! what an idiot. Anyway, the reason I included them is I wanted to give out something that represents and is special to colorado. columbine is the state flower. They are beautiful in the spring, and they also have a very special meaning here after the Columbine high school shootings, which is very near to where we live. Anyway, hope no one got busted in customs!!
Thanks again and it was great meeting you all!!!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts ... my kids truly enjoyed returning to the cabin each night and seeing all of your creativity!

I have 2 sick kids ... one with a stomach virus and another with a fever and sore throat ... let's hope a good night's sleep in their own beds does the trick.

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful summer ... and thanks for a great thread!

Maureen

Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts ... my kids truly enjoyed returning to the cabin each night and seeing all of your creativity!

I have 2 sick kids ... one with a stomach virus and another with a fever and sore throat ... let's hope a good night's sleep in their own beds does the trick.

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful summer ... and thanks for a great thread!

Maureen

Morgan's got it, too!! She went to her Dad's on Saturday night and spent yesterday not feeling well. Today she started Vacation Bible School and is now home in bed with a sore throat and fever! ARGH!!

Blake had the stomach thing on Saturday. He was green all the time we were at the airport, but never actually threw up-just went to the rest room thinking he might several times. By last night he was better--wonder what caused it.

My friend was on another cruise that went to Mexico & has been sick since she has been home (ended up w/strep & bronchitis).

Jayde said she didn't feel good the night before we left but didn't tell me. I haven't had a fever just horrible ear drainage, sore throat, & coughing A LOT!! I get this quite often due to ear issues but never this bad. Glad I took an extra day off work although ~ I heard my boss has been crazy & a couple people are looking to possibly quit.

Hope every one has a great summer!!!

Hey you guys need to move to the 12/19 Eastern. (I know, it is expensive) We are booked and ready to go. Layla is off for girl scout camp. She has three weeks of it. But she LOVEs ASHLYN!! She would really be moping if she was here for missing her. LOL.

Hi! I wish we could!!! I told Ashlyn to convince her Dad, we just added on 125 points at BLT on the cruise. I told him we could rent our points and use the money towards the cruise... :)

Ashlyn misses Layla as well. She had a blast with her on the ship!

Glad to hear everyone had a great time! It was really nice to be able to put names & faces together. Hope those that are still traveling a safe arrival home.

I still haven't gone through all the FE gifts ~ WOW there is a lot of stuff.

We got home Sat night around 9:20ish pm after attending a friend's sons graduation party.

I came home to blisters on blisters, feet the size of small footballs, & a painful ear/sinus problem (if not a little better by tomorrow going to doctor) BUT had a wonderful time on vacation!!!!
We had a wonderful time too! Is Jayde feeling better? I know she left Dinner the last night telling you and us that she didn't fell well and with reading about everyone else being ill I was just wondering how she was feeling.

Maureen

Ally has something too. She was fine on saturday, but started feeling bad last night, then threw up this morning- right after she got to her first day of camp!! so after being away from work for more than a week, I was able to be there for all of 2 hours!

Steve not feeling well either- but nothing with the stomach- just a cold I think or allergies. He's in bed sleeping- Jordan and I are getting ready to go to the pool.:goodvibes

Hey everyone! I miss all my new friends! If you would like to keep in touch please PM me with your email address :surfweb: and I will reply with mine so we can keep in touch.

Stephanie - I had an absolute blast with you! Larry & I can't wait to come out and visit (I am saving my $).

Talk to you all soon!
Diane

Morgan's got it, too!! She went to her Dad's on Saturday night and spent yesterday not feeling well. Today she started Vacation Bible School and is now home in bed with a sore throat and fever! ARGH!!

My Eric is sick too, been coughing non-stop. Started the morning after Mexico. He was convinced he had swine flu.... But I think it's just a respiratory bug.

Thanks, for all the great gifts, it was fun to come back to the room and find presents!

We had a wonderful time too! Is Jayde feeling better? I know she left Dinner the last night telling you and us that she didn't fell well and with reading about everyone else being ill I was just wondering how she was feeling.

Jayde is fine ~ although she told me she threw up after seeing the Proposal that night.

My Eric is sick too, been coughing non-stop. Started the morning after Mexico. He was convinced he had swine flu.... But I think it's just a respiratory bug.

Thanks, for all the great gifts, it was fun to come back to the room and find presents!

Mine started after Mexico too but I don't contribute my issues to going there. It could be just a freak thing that happened to some of us.

Maybe we all need to go back to investigate & make sure others don't get sick either. :rotfl2:

Hey Everyone!!! Layla is feeling much better and it only lasted 24hrs...... Holley sounds terrible with her sinus sniffling and Layne keeps sneezing....

Hope everyone recovers quickly!!!

Hi! I wish we could!!! I told Ashlyn to convince her Dad, we just added on 125 points at BLT on the cruise. I told him we could rent our points and use the money towards the cruise... :)

Ashlyn misses Layla as well. She had a blast with her on the ship!

I envy you adding on points! I hope that Ashlyn can convince him. LOL>

Hello Cruise friends!! :wave2:
We had an absolutely fabulous time! It was great to meet ALL of you and thank you sooooo much for the wonderful FE gifts. We really enjoyed getting all those little surprises when we came back to our room every day!! Now we have everything spread out all over our dining room table ... reliving the memories!!
I am so sad it's over....it's such a let down! I miss reading all the posts on this thread and all the anticipation... :sad1:
Thought I'd share our disasterous trip home...I am an airline employee so we flew *space available* on the way home... I knew the flights were pretty full, but I figured we'd get on out of Orlando sometime... well, it was MUCH worse than I thought because there had been terrible weather around the system on Friday ...the stand by lists were incredible. Soooo..in a nutshell, we sat at Orlando from 11 am - 3pm with NO hope of getting on...we then rented a car and drove to Tampa...got on a flight to Denver... go into Denver around 8pm... then waited for the last flight Denver- Chicago. Luckily, we did get on that flight (we were all SO exhausted!!) but it was about 2 hours late and we got into OHare at 230 am. Thankfully our bags (which had arrived from Orlando in the afternoon) were there and we picked them up and made it home by about 330 am! What a looooonnnngggg day! We were all happy to be in our own beds though and thank goodness we didn't have to pay for another hotel night.

And to top it all off...I am sick!!! I started having a scratchy throat on the ship but now I have a dry cough, sore throat and I think I might even have pink eye. YUK!!!! :sick: But I guess I am not that sick because I managed to take the kids to the pool today (I didn't get in) for a while. I hope I can sleep better tonight (I think I kept Kyle up half the night too with my coughing!) ...I still have a big mess here with all our trip trinkets, etc. So much to do!!!

OK, I have babbled enough. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!! The cruise was a magical vacation we will never forget and you all were part of it!! :cloud9:

I have no life now that this thread is quiet!

Hope everyone is adjusting to post cruise life

Hello Cruise friends!! :wave2:
We had an absolutely fabulous time! It was great to meet ALL of you and thank you sooooo much for the wonderful FE gifts. We really enjoyed getting all those little surprises when we came back to our room every day!! Now we have everything spread out all over our dining room table ... reliving the memories!!
I am so sad it's over....it's such a let down! I miss reading all the posts on this thread and all the anticipation... :sad1:
Thought I'd share our disasterous trip home...I am an airline employee so we flew *space available* on the way home... I knew the flights were pretty full, but I figured we'd get on out of Orlando sometime... well, it was MUCH worse than I thought because there had been terrible weather around the system on Friday ...the stand by lists were incredible. Soooo..in a nutshell, we sat at Orlando from 11 am - 3pm with NO hope of getting on...we then rented a car and drove to Tampa...got on a flight to Denver... go into Denver around 8pm... then waited for the last flight Denver- Chicago. Luckily, we did get on that flight (we were all SO exhausted!!) but it was about 2 hours late and we got into OHare at 230 am. Thankfully our bags (which had arrived from Orlando in the afternoon) were there and we picked them up and made it home by about 330 am! What a looooonnnngggg day! We were all happy to be in our own beds though and thank goodness we didn't have to pay for another hotel night.

And to top it all off...I am sick!!! I started having a scratchy throat on the ship but now I have a dry cough, sore throat and I think I might even have pink eye. YUK!!!! :sick: But I guess I am not that sick because I managed to take the kids to the pool today (I didn't get in) for a while. I hope I can sleep better tonight (I think I kept Kyle up half the night too with my coughing!) ...I still have a big mess here with all our trip trinkets, etc. So much to do!!!

OK, I have babbled enough. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!! The cruise was a magical vacation we will never forget and you all were part of it!! :cloud9:

That's horrible! Glad you made it home safely though.

Join the crowd ~ I have left ear issues to begin with & it started draining on Wed. Down my throat into my chest... I have been horribly sick (sore throat, sinuses, & cough) since Sat night. No fever though so it is viral. I was feeling better this afternoon but now not so good. I have to go back to work tomorrow ~ good thing only for 3 days!!

Miss everyone!! :grouphug:

We had a wondeful cruise. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and the Fegifts made everyday sepcial. We also booked for a future cruise, dummy date in 2010 for now but probably will book for some time in 2011. We had incredible luck in Disney World also, great weather and fortunate times in Magic Kingdom, I have not had time to review my pictures yet but if I get any really good ones I will post them. Our trip home was uneventful and we arrived home right on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter