6:50 Fantasmic Pkg and 8:00 show

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I have a fantasmic package reservation for 6:50 at Hollywood and Vine with a newly added 8:00 Fantasmic show (there was only the 9:30 when I booked) It seems that there is always a wait in getting in at Hollywood and Vine am I going to have enough time to eat, see characters and still get to the show without really rushing it?

To clarify, you originally had a package booked for dinner at H&V for the 9:30PM Fantasmic show. Later, they added an 8PM show? Is your package still not for dinner at 6:50 and then attend the 9:30 show? They always seem to be careful to give plenty of time between dining and shows with these packages, and you would never be able to enjoy your meal sitting down at 6:50 and getting to an 8PM show. But it still would make sense for the 9:30. It seems very odd if they changed your seat from the 9:30PM show.

When I booked the package at my 60 day mark there was 1 show at 9:30 or it might have been 9:00. I looked today because I got an email from touring plans saying that park hours had changed so I was checking for the parades and night time shows. They are now having 2 shows on 10/7 1st show is at 8:00 second show at 9:30. My dining reservation is at 6:50 and it states that the package is for the 1st show.

Reservation:
6:50 PM
fantasmic-dining-package-07.jpg

Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic! 1st Show
Disney's Hollywood StudiosEcho LakeHollywood & Vine
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So if they want you to arrive up to 25 minutes prior to the show that would be getting to the theatre at 7:35, which would only be 45 minutes to eat if I was seated exactly at 6:50, see characters and to get to the theatre. I don't believe that it is a doable deal, and since there are no other sit down dinner reservations available in the Studios that evening at all, I was wondering if anyone thought that maybe Disney would convert my reservation from Fantasmic Package to a regular dining package or must I eat the difference between the 2 plans (regular dining reservation vs Fantasmic package) just to see Minnie and her friends and go to the 9:30 show without the Fantasmic Dining perks (reserved seating area).

I'd probably call WDW-DINE and ask for assistance/clarification. Dinner and the 9:30 show would be perfect. I've seen that "1st show" option before, even when there's only one show. That seems wrong, and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't direct you to the later show. You wouldn't remotely enjoy your dinner to get to the first show!

I will contact them tomorrow and see if I can’t some clarification. Will report back - thanks

I sent an email to Disney and I received this reply.

Joplin (Disney Parks)
Sep 16, 2023, 10:28 PM EDT

In checking with Disney Dining, it appears that Fantasmic! Dining Packages are not being offered for the newly added 8:00 p.m. show. In order to utilize the reserved seats you would need to view the 9:30 p.m. show.

If you choose to cancel the Fantasmic! Dining Package and keep the dining reservation at 6:50 p.m., we cannot guarantee entrance into the 8:00 p.m. show as dining may take longer than one hour and/or the 8:00 p.m. show may fill up prior to your arrival.

My problem has been resolved.

Look at that -Disney Magic!! And Disney lack of communicating that Magic!! Enjoy your dinner and show!

So they consider the 8PM show the 'new' one and 9:30PM the original - which makes a bit of sense.......

After I read this I checked my Fantasmic dinner package reservation (dinner at H&V at 6:15) and it also says 1st show. I think this will work out for us as my grand daughter is 3 and the 9:15 show will be late for her. I messaged Member Services and this is what they said. Looks like it worked out for both of us!

You are correct! The first showing of Fantasmic! is at 8:00 PM and your Fantasmic! Dining Package reservation will allow you into the reserved seating area for that showing. We also recommend double-checking with Cast Members at Hollywood and Vine on the day of your visit to ensure that schedules have not changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter