• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 day park ticket question

Njmama2threegirls

Earning My Ears
first family trip to WDW booked for January 2018, with six day, no hopper, park tickets. I have three girls, 17, 12, and 5...plan is 2 days @MK, 1 at each other park, which leaves one day to choose another park to revisit. Which do you suggest, AK or EPCOT? Thanks in advance!

If you want to spend time in World Showcase, Epcot is definitely a 2 day park. We just got back from a trip last week and canceled our Epcot day to return to AK because Pandora was just THAT good!

You can easily spend two days in either park.

If you're onsite, book FP for two AK days, booking a FoP FP for both days, if you can. It is easy to switch your FP to Epcot for the second day if you decide to switch from AK to Epcot. But you won't be able to switch a Test Track FP for FoP if you decide to switch from Epcot to AK.

That leaves one day to FP at Epcot. I'd RD FEA, or at least hit that in the morning when waits are low, FP Test Track, and hit Soarin' with a 4th FP after you use your first three.

Of those choices, I'd choose Epcot. Perhaps make your FP+ for whichever park you think you are most likely to want to revisit, but then reassess once you've visited each of the parks and see which one you really want to revisit and change your FPs if needed. Short of of Pandora rides at AK, the Mine Train at MK, and perhaps Frozen at Epcot, changing FPs a day ahead of time shouldn't be too difficult.

This is the exact same situation I have. 6 day tickets, no park hopper. 2 days at MK, one at the others. On the last day, I booked a FP for Test Track since originally we were going to have a shorter day at Epcot. Now that we have switched that, not sure what we're going to do. I think we are just going to play it by ear and go with the flow. Originally, I set it as a day to go back to the park that has more that we wanted to do but didn't have enough time.

A little tougher choice now with Pandora, but I would still do 2 Epcot.

I second the recommendation to book FP for Flight of Passage on your extra day. If you decide to go to a different park, switching to different FP is pretty easy, but zero chance of getting FoP if it is not booked initially. And yes, it really is that awesome of a ride!

Book AK just in case, but letting your family choose at the last minute will work best. You'll probably end up with one day of bad weather or someone sick or something else that will prevent you from seeing everything you wanted to, so it will be easy to decide.

Third vote for fastpassing FOP then switching later if you decide on Epcot. This options gives you the most flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter