6 days of dining Dec 3 to Dec 9, 2006 TS meals

dianemb

DIS Veteran
7 days of Disney meals

We had a wonderful trip and really great meals on the DDP while we were there in December. We were there from Sunday Dec 3 to Saturday Dec 9, 2006. I will do my best to critique each meal and the $$$. We meaning Chuck (husband/dad) Diane (mom/wife) and Frank (11 year old son/adult). My son ate exclusively off the adult menu the entire trip. I am allergic to a lot of foods and at all of the TS meals someone came out to talk to me about the food selections. I will do another post for CS. All price are approximate to make it easier.

SUNDAY
Tony’s Town Square

The waiting area was really crowded when we arrived but only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. We were lucky enough to sit in the enclosed porch area and even got to see some of the electric parade. We were really hungry since we did not have lunch and did not eat till 6:10 pm. Had a great waiter who was very accommodating.

Chuck: Spinich & Artichoke dip (didn’t care for it but doesn’t like cheese dips)
Strip steak (loved it)
Cinnamon gelato (liked it)

Diane: Spinach & Artichoke dip (loved it)
Strip Steak (loved it)
Pistachio crème brulee (loved it)

Frank: salad
Spagetti and meatballs (liked the spagettii, meatballs a bit spicey)
Vanilla ice cream
Smoothie (our waiter did not charge for this)

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T: $138

MONDAY
Donald’s Breakfastasourus AK

We always eat here but usually at the last seating this time we had 9:20 reservations and were seated about 15 minutes early.

We all had a little bit of everything and the food was good but after 3 times it weasn’t that exciting anymore. May try something different next time.

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T: $67

TUESDAY (lunch)
Sci Fi Café

This was a total at the right place at the right time. We did not have an ADR but stopped by at 11am and got a table. We love it and our son thought the movies were a hoot. We just started to see them for the second time when we were done. We sat at one of the picnic tables in the back which was great because otherwise we would of not been looking at each other in the cars. The waite staff was great.

Chuck: BLT Soup (liked it)
Double burger (liked it)
Apple crisp (liked it)
Diane; Onion rings (very good and a lot shared them)
Ribs (really good and tender)
Cheesecake (I don’t really remember so it must have been okay)
Frank: Spinich and Artichoke dip (good and shared it)
Double burger (good)
Hot fudge sundae (liked it but was really full and didn’t finish)

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T $89

TUESDAY (Dinner)
Whispering Canyon Café Wilderness Lodge

We were staying here and were going to MVMCP this night so it was the logical choice. Not too rowdy because we got there when it first opened and it wasn’t ful yet. Our waitress was really nice and sat down and talked to us about the menu while we ordered. Probably least favorite meal of the trip for all of us.

Chuck: Skillet meal. (didn’t like the salad dressing but enjoyed most of the skillet)
Banana dust bowl (thought it was okay)

Diane: Nachos (very good)
Gouper (waitresses suggestion good but a little dry)
Chocolate cake (good)
Frank: Fried chicken wings (okay)
Roasted chicken (didn’t like the potatoes)
Chocolate Cake (good)

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T $110

WEDNESDAY
Biergarten Germany EPCOT

My 11 year old son hated this meal and hardly ate anything. The approx. 13 year old girl next to him wasn’t anymore thrilled that we were sitting next to them. I really enjoyed the meal itself and loved the dill salad dressing. I asked the girl which desserts had walnuts in them and she told me one then said all except the strudel had nuts and not to chance it. Apple strudel would have been my last choice. My husband enjoyed the entrees so much He didn’t even try any dessert. The entertainment was great. We had to swear to never do that to our son again.

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T: $93

FRIDAY
TEPPANAKI Japan EPCOT

Our san was less then thrilled when he learned we would be sitting with other people at this meal. We did explain the seatting area and that he could sit between us and he was okay with that. We had to wait about 30 minutes past our reservation time for a table but it was worth it. This ended up being the best meal of the trip and my favorite memory. The food was out of this world and a lot. Our chef was the best and really made it enjoyable. We all tried the seaweed salad. Okay with a seasame taste.

Chuck: Edamade (this was cold and we usually have it hot so it was a little different)
Steak and chicken (wonderful)
Ginger cake (good)

Diane: Salad with ginger dressing (not a big fan of ginger but this was delicious)
Steak and chicken (wonderful loved the noodles)
Ginger cake ( loved it)

Frank: salad no dressing
Chicken (loved it)
Chocolate ice cream

TOTAL COST OF MEAL with T&T: $126

SATURDAY
Lilo and Stitch Breakfast Poly Resort

This one was out of pocket since we had used up our plan. The food was really good and saw the characters a lot. I really wanted the pineapple bread since I had heard so much about it but it had walnuts in it so my husband graciously ate it for me. My son loved it and wants to go back here next time.

TOTAL OOP COST OF MEAL with T&T: $75

Can’t imagine ever going without the plan. I can really enjoy myself and have one less thing to worry about.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your reviews, I enjoyed them. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter