6 fabulous days of dinning !!!!!

katter24

diseased by Disney!!!!
:thumbsup2 Our 1st time doing the dinning plan and it won't be our last. What a great way to dine in such amazing places. It is a lot of food but it's a great way to try different food items that you might not have been so adventurous to try if you had to pay out of your own pocket. We don't usually order dessert but loved the idea of trying some of them. Here goes my dinning report.

Oct 26th - Alfredo's.....12pm lunch ......

DH had the Veal Scallopine Piccatina Di vitello with purple mashed potatoes and loved it.
He had the Chianti Classico Fontodi '03 red wine at $12.95 a glass...very nice
Appt: Mosserella Alla caprese ...very good

Me ....I had the Tagliolini alla fodka con gamberoni with shrimp $19.50....it was the best
Wine: Principessa Gavi, Vigne regali $8.75 a glass a good selection by the waiter
Appetizer: Misto Di insalate dell orto salad

This meal was 5 out of 5
Waiter was Andrea and was very good left him $5 extra tip

Oct 27th - San Angel Inn (Mexico) 6pm Dinner

Got a table by the rail overlooking Rio del tempo was very pretty and romantic.

DH had the talapia fish with rice and loved it but thought there was way to much rice
Beer: Dos Equis lager ....very good beer
App: Ceviche vg also

Me: Plato Mexicano ...excellent
Wine: Chardonnay
Appt: Ceviche ...loved it.....

Left an extra $10 tip for Josee who was an outstanding waiter....

rating: 5/5

Oct 28th Dinner 4:30pm Boma's AKL

DH and I loved the buffet, especially the ribs the prime rib and the roasted potatoes...the dessert table was not all that appealing and could have used more options for the price of the buffet....
The waiter was just that nothing special
Would eat here again but only if on the dinning plan
Rating: 4/5

Oct 29th Dinner 5:30pm Le Cellier

DH had the Mushroom Filet Mignon, vg
Appt: Beef and Barley soup
Wine: Red

Me: appt: Cheddar Cheese Soup.....loveddddd it
entree: 7oz filet mignon
wine: white

Loved our meal and drinks but DH didn't get a full glass of wine for $12.95 a glass he wasn't impressed
Our waiter was Brad from Acton, Ontario was wonderful and we also left him extra tip

Oct 30 Dinner at the Rose and Crown 6:40 pm

DH and I both had the fish and chips and loved it
appt we have the prawn cocktail vg
Dh had some sort of english beer and I had the white zinfandel, both were very nice......

We got a table outside on the patio and the waiter Kevin was very nice and attentive.....we stayed to watch illuminations and it was wonderful and a long wait for the show......kevin also got an extra tip......

We had breakfast every day at the Pepper Market at CSR and loved our food the wait staff were nice but not that attentive out of the six times we were there we had good staff maybe 2x ....everyone was very friendly and helpful and we didn't find it hard to order our food from the different stations
:tinker: :jumping1:
We ate at the ABC Commissary for Breakfast one day and it was also very good and if you had to pay oop it was reasonably priced.

I hope this dinning report will be helpful to someone.....thanks for listening

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great Review!

Hadn't heard anything good about San Angel in quite a while. Glad you enjoyed it!

katter24 said:
:thumbsup2 Our 1st time doing the dinning plan and it won't be our last. What a great way to dine in such amazing places. It is a lot of food but it's a great way to try different food items that you might not have been so adventurous to try if you had to pay out of your own pocket. We don't usually order dessert but loved the idea of trying some of them. Here goes my dinning report.

Oct 26th - Alfredo's.....12pm lunch ......

DH had the Veal Scallopine Piccatina Di vitello with purple mashed potatoes and loved it.
He had the Chianti Classico Fontodi '03 red wine at $12.95 a glass...very nice
Appt: Mosserella Alla caprese ...very good

Me ....I had the Tagliolini alla fodka con gamberoni with shrimp $19.50....it was the best
Wine: Principessa Gavi, Vigne regali $8.75 a glass a good selection by the waiter
Appetizer: Misto Di insalate dell orto salad

This meal was 5 out of 5
Waiter was Andrea and was very good left him $5 extra tip

Oct 27th - San Angel Inn (Mexico) 6pm Dinner

Got a table by the rail overlooking Rio del tempo was very pretty and romantic.

DH had the talapia fish with rice and loved it but thought there was way to much rice
Beer: Dos Equis lager ....very good beer
App: Ceviche vg also

Me: Plato Mexicano ...excellent
Wine: Chardonnay
Appt: Ceviche ...loved it.....

Left an extra $10 tip for Josee who was an outstanding waiter....

rating: 5/5

Oct 28th Dinner 4:30pm Boma's AKL

DH and I loved the buffet, especially the ribs the prime rib and the roasted potatoes...the dessert table was not all that appealing and could have used more options for the price of the buffet....
The waiter was just that nothing special
Would eat here again but only if on the dinning plan
Rating: 4/5

Oct 29th Dinner 5:30pm Le Cellier

DH had the Mushroom Filet Mignon, vg
Appt: Beef and Barley soup
Wine: Red

Me: appt: Cheddar Cheese Soup.....loveddddd it
entree: 7oz filet mignon
wine: white

Loved our meal and drinks but DH didn't get a full glass of wine for $12.95 a glass he wasn't impressed
Our waiter was Brad from Acton, Ontario was wonderful and we also left him extra tip

Oct 30 Dinner at the Rose and Crown 6:40 pm

DH and I both had the fish and chips and loved it
appt we have the prawn cocktail vg
Dh had some sort of english beer and I had the white zinfandel, both were very nice......

We got a table outside on the patio and the waiter Kevin was very nice and attentive.....we stayed to watch illuminations and it was wonderful and a long wait for the show......kevin also got an extra tip......

We had breakfast every day at the Pepper Market at CSR and loved our food the wait staff were nice but not that attentive out of the six times we were there we had good staff maybe 2x ....everyone was very friendly and helpful and we didn't find it hard to order our food from the different stations
:tinker: :jumping1:
We ate at the ABC Commissary for Breakfast one day and it was also very good and if you had to pay oop it was reasonably priced.

I hope this dinning report will be helpful to someone.....thanks for listening

I am interested in details about the breakfast at Pepper Market. We will be on the DDP and know an entree and drink will be included. My question is, do the entrees include sides, like bacon... specifically if wanted a waffle and bacon?

The waffle comes with a fruit topping but you might be able to substitute that for bacon instead....we substituted the muffin for toast instead and when we went to pay we just told her what we did and that was ok.....hope this is helpful

Very helpful review - much appreciated.

Questions about wine -
The prices you quoted for glass, did that included tax & gratuity?

Did most restaurants offer bottles as well? Did you notice prices? (only a couple wine lists out there with menus so trying to budget for this)

Were you happy with the wine you ordered? (especially considering price!)
thanks

Thanks for the great reviews! This helps when making ressies for our first ever trip in May!
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter