• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 pack bottled water

Did you order room service while onboard? Then it was not preordered online before the cruise, right? I don't want to disappoint when I preorder and the cooler is not included. Thanks in advance for confirming!
The first water order i did on board the day we boarded the sh
Did you order room service while onboard? Then it was not preordered online before the cruise, right? I don't want to disappoint when I preorder and the cooler is not included. Thanks in advance for confirming![/QUO
I placed the 1st order the day we boarded the ship, at the little bar by the pool (Dream). The second order i just called room service and placed the water order. Room service will deliver the 6/18/24 pack. They have both Evian and Desani, they gave us the choice of which one we wanted when placing the order. I'm not sure if the cooler is included in the pre-order. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the cooler being given with the water! They also sold the cooler with ice and a 6pk of water when we stepped off the ship in Castaway Cay.

Did you order room service while onboard? Then it was not preordered online before the cruise, right? I don't want to disappoint when I preorder and the cooler is not included. Thanks in advance for confirming!
Sorry my last post got messed up! The first order i placed on deck by the pool when we boarded. The 2nd once we placed with room service half way thru the trip. We were given a choice of Desani or Evian. They also sold the cooler filled with ice and 6pk water when you exited the ship at CC. You can order the 6/18/24 thru room service and it will include the cooler. I didnt see any mention of the cooler on the preorder forms. It was a nice surprise to see it included on the ship!

Just to clarify: We will be on board the Dream later next year: Is there a choice to buy the bottled water and it tells you the cooler comes with it? This is on the room service menu? Or you have to ask for it specially? And it's for the 6 pk of Desani?
The cooler came automatically with any water package. The bartender did mention it was a newer bonus and wasnt sure how long the promo would last. If room service forgets to give you the bag just contact guest services and they will have it sent.

Makes me wonder if I should bring my bag back with me on our next cruise or not if we will be getting another one with a water order. We are flying and wondering to pack or not. Our cruise is not until May so I guess I will see if people indicate if they are still providing they with water orders.

In regards to carrying all sorts of beverages on board with you, is there a limit? Can you bring a case of water and soda along with beer and wine or do you have to choose 2 of the 4 (if that makes sense)?

In regards to carrying all sorts of beverages on board with you, is there a limit? Can you bring a case of water and soda along with beer and wine or do you have to choose 2 of the 4 (if that makes sense)?

You can carry-on as much water & soda as you'd like. Alcohol is a separate issue:

Per DCL website:
Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle.

Please note:

• Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed and no compensation will be offered.
  • Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

As noted, non-alcoholic-wise, you may bring aboard a much as you wish. Just be aware it must be in your carry on bags, and you'll have to handle it until the rooms are open (around 1:30).

Wine/beer is limited to 2 bottles of wine/champagne (750ml max) OR 6 beers (12oz max) for each guest 21 and over. This allowance may be brought onboard on embarkation and from ports of call.

Sorry my last post got messed up! The first order i placed on deck by the pool when we boarded. The 2nd once we placed with room service half way thru the trip. We were given a choice of Desani or Evian. They also sold the cooler filled with ice and 6pk water when you exited the ship at CC. You can order the 6/18/24 thru room service and it will include the cooler. I didnt see any mention of the cooler on the preorder forms. It was a nice surprise to see it included on the ship!

The cooler came automatically with any water package. The bartender did mention it was a newer bonus and wasnt sure how long the promo would last. If room service forgets to give you the bag just contact guest services and they will have it sent.

Thanks for confirming!

I would have to keep my fingers crossed that the promotion continues into August 2017. It will make a cool lunch bag to bring lunch to work. Pixie dust!

DD ordered 24 bottles of water for her cruise last month out of barcelona....
she was thinking of finding a store and buying some and i told her she was nuts to even contemplate such a thing in barcelona..
so she pre-ordered and it was in her room when they boarded....relative to how much she spent on the cruise, it was a small amount to pay for convenience...

Unless things are very different at the other terminals than Terminal B at Port of Barcelona, worst-case there IS a duty-free shop after check-in and before boarding the ship. And they had water for pretty reasonable prices. If you bought it boarding yeah, you'd have to keep it with you, but I know we were allowed on RCCL to go back into the terminal once cabins were open so you could have gotten some then. I know a lot of us did it for wine.

Just as an alternative to buying it IN Barcelona and lugging it around.

Was this on just Dream and Fantasy? Has anyone had this on Magic or when the Wonder comes back into service.

Was this on just Dream and Fantasy? Has anyone had this on Magic or when the Wonder comes back into service.

We were just on the Magic earlier this month and got a case of water -- no cooler. (Ordered it from a bar server the afternoon we boarded.) Have never gotten a cooler with water purchase before. They did offer packages that included the cooler for port calls -- of course at a higher fee.

Can anyone confirm if these water coolers are the same (cylindrical blue/red) ones as they've had in the past (we got one in 2014) or have they changed for SWDAS sailings? Do they offer the star wars one with the water package now?

so if I preordered a 24 pack I'll get this? UPDATE - after reading all posts it looks like it hit or miss and especially if preordered.

I didn't get the cooler bag when I preordered in 2015. I am planning not to preorder this time in August since the price is the same to order onboard. Hope they still give out the cooler bags!
pixiedust:

Can anyone confirm if these water coolers are the same (cylindrical blue/red) ones as they've had in the past (we got one in 2014) or have they changed for SWDAS sailings? Do they offer the star wars one with the water package now?

We just got off the Fantasy and I can confirm they had both bags - they were selling packages on the pool deck starting at $30 with the blue & red cooler. They also had gorgeous blue ones available at CC for $15 with any $40 purchase, I decided on one of those instead, no water in it but we brought a case onboard so didn't particularly need the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter