6 pm Closing for Magic Kingdom Party Nights

I do understand this but it isn't like Disney makes the dates a secret. One would know 6 months before a trip. Therefore there is always an option to go at a different time. Maybe personal situations dictate travel timeframes (I deal with as a teacher) but what I am saying is, Disney does offer travel dates that do not include parties.

There are also large signs at the entrance to the park.

Where would you recommend is the best place to do this? We will be at Chef Mickey’s for dinner.

There is a balcony on the 4th floor of the Contemporary where you can watch. I believe that it is still open to the public. Another spot would be at the Contemporary’s resort bus stop.

Both of these places pump in the soundtrack. :)

I am told that the TTC is another good spot. I think it’s two stops away on the monorail from the Contemporary.

I do understand this but it isn't like Disney makes the dates a secret. One would know 6 months before a trip. Therefore there is always an option to go at a different time. Maybe personal situations dictate travel timeframes (I deal with as a teacher) but what I am saying is, Disney does offer travel dates that do not include parties.

But now they have parties going on the entire fall period. I believe the parties start about the third week in August and continue until the third week in Dec.

Reactions: Iya

Five months of the year have parties.

They didn't even let you use the bathroom? I cannot imagine that going well for Disney the first time a guest has an accident because they are denied bathroom access.

Been doing it that way for years and never heard a bad outcome (other than behavior). Most guests will move on to the bathroom by the gate.

Since MK park hours for non-party guests are reduced by 3 hours (25%), I assume the cost for a single day ticket is also reduced by $25%??...:rolleyes1:tongue:

MK hours are the posted hours any given day.
There is no guarantee of so many hours per ticket.
So there are no hours to reduce.

Multi-day tickets costs are reduced by each additional day.
Hopper option eliminates someone not able to use all available hours.
Only one day tickets would "be impacted" -
but then those folks know exactly what they are paying for.

At the TTC and again at the front gate there are BIG signs
that it is a party night so no surprises.

PS I am guessing you are joking around, ;)
but every year the argument comes up ... for real.

They just released the party dates for this year and that was likely earlier than planned to take attention away from the new resort parking fee. So, about 5 months before the first party and 9 months before the last. Of course, they put out their hours a little more than 6 months ahead, so a 6 PM close shouldn't be entirely out of left field. That said, I can see the complaints for months like say October when there is a party nearly every other night. October used to be slow (those were the days), but not anymore.

August -- 2/14
September -- 13/30
October -- 18/31
November -- 10/30
December -- 12/31

That is 55 nights over the last 116 days (slightly less than every other night) of the year, with more than half of the nights in October being MNSSHP. Personally, it doesn't inconvenience me too much as a Passholder, but I can see day guests being inconvenienced.

But now they have parties going on the entire fall period. I believe the parties start about the third week in August and continue until the third week in Dec.
Yes, but like I said, it isn't like people don't know about it ahead of time.

Five months of the year have parties.
And 7 months don't. Like I said there are times that do not have parties. Like June, when I have to go because I am a teacher.

That is 55 nights over the last 116 days (slightly less than every other night) of the year, with more than half of the nights in October being MNSSHP. Personally, it doesn't inconvenience me too much as a Passholder, but I can see day guests being inconvenienced.
Again, I do get it...but like I said, there are other options for travel where there are no parties to deal with.

Last year there was a castle lighting at 6-15 and the party didn’t start til 7, so you could legitemetly stay and see the first castle lighting without a party ticket

Now they shoo the day guests out at 6 pm.

They weren't rushing us out last year. I'm guessing that's why they went to a 6 PM close and 7 PM party. It is much easier to just let people start leaving on their own, especially when they realize they can't ride anything, and as it gets closer to 7, get more aggressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter