• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 pounds GONE! 20 to go!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I have been a good girl this week and hopped on the scale this New Years Day! I lost 4 pounds! YIPPEE! I was to 156 lbs when I said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, and today I am 152 lbs. That is an incredible motivator. I look forward to seeing 130 lbs this Spring!

GOOD LUCK ALL! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! S

UPDATED!

Dec 25 ~ 156 lbs
January 1 ~ 152 lbs
January 8 ~ 150 lbs

SandraC.
Congrats! How are you losing the weight? I am at the same spot. I am about 157 and this is the biggest I have been. (excluding pregnancy)! I would like to be 130 again by the summer!

Could you help me out? I know I need to get an exercise program, but don't know what to do.
I tried jazzercise with my DS, but the instructor was horrible!

Thanks...good luck with your weight loss.....
Lisajl

HI! I count my calories and make sure I eat good food. I drink 8 to 12 glasses of water a day and exercise. This week, I have been doing about 20-25 minutes on the elliptical every couple of days.

Now, I have to tell you, I am very lucky. I am a fitness and yoga instructor, (preschool art instructor by day, fitness/yoga by night)so I do get a lot of regular exercise.

All my life I battled weight. 150 lbs was pretty normal for me. I used to be 210 lbs after I quit smoking 6 years ago. A year at 210 lbs was enough. January 1998, I started a diet (calorie counting) drinking water and exercise. At that time I did treadmill and weights as exercise. By the time I got to 140 lbs, I decided I wanted to be a fitness instructor. I got into a teaching program and went to 128 lbs. After teaching about 6-8 aerobics classes a week, I went to 122 lbs. That was too thin. I got into yoga and had a second baby. Yoga is great but it replaced a lot of cardio classes so I gained weight. My eating habits were terrible this year. NO MORE! I feel so much better when I eat well and exercise. I feel great!

So, now I am 152 lbs. I have gained a lot of muscle mass too, so I don't need to be 122 lbs again. 130 is good for me!

LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER! S

Sounds good to me! It' s funny, I was checking into a local place that has Yoga! Weird!

I had my body fat check back in Aug. and they told me to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day! I can't do it! I would be using the bathroom all day!!! LOL!!
Plus, I just hate water! I have tried, I guess I need to push myself more. I need to get rid of all the goodies in the house, too.
My weakness, Lay's Potato Chips!

What is elliptical? I have never heard of it.

We have a wonderful exercise bike, but I don't use it.
I think I would use a treadmill more. What was your luck with it?

I guess I will start today! This weight is not going to magically disappear....I am not 20 anymore. I used to be able to eat anything and not gain weight...Oh well.
Here goes nothing.........

Will take any advice and/or help you can give!

Thanks...
Lisajl

HI! Water is so important. Try anything you can to make it more appealling. Add lemon, drink it very cold or room temperature ~ try anything that makes water better for you.

An elliptical machine is a piece of exercise equipment that you stand on and make an elliptical movement with your legs. Kind of like a bike that you stand on to pedal. Also there are long handles to hold on to for arm movement. It's a very effective way to burn calories fast. It's NO impact so no trouble with knees, hips and ankles. I love it! I have to keep it in the middle of my living room or I won't use it.

I use to do a lot of cardio in teaching, but now I only teach one step class and 4 yoga classes. I also teach 3 preschool art classes and do specialty workshops in (fitness, travel, kids). I have a fun job. It's my eating that really got out of hand. I can't believe the difference in my mood now that I am eating better. I feel great!

YES, START TODAY! RIGHT NOW! Chat soon! S

Thanks...I will definately start today. Just finished a soda, so I guess a glass of ice water will be the next.

Soda is a big downfall, too.

Keep in touch...
Lisajl

Do you drink diet soda? I get my sweet craving satisified with a Hershey's Tastations. It's about 20 calories and yummy!

I like drinking carbonated flavoured water, only 2 calories.

I've been good today! I just finished my 3rd litre of water. I had strawberry Special K at breakky with 1% milk. A decaf coffee at Tim Hortons (little milk and sugar twin), I had two bites of dd's ham sandwich and about half an ounces of swiss cheese, a nibble of a donut and that's it so far. I am having a great light salad for dinner. I am making turkey breast and all the trimmings for the family tonight, so I'll start a soup and put some of the turkey in it for tomorrow's dinner.

I need to make food preparation a priority. Planning is key for me. I need to make sure I get at least 20 minutes of good cardio exercise daily. It's funny how we'll sit down to watch 2 hours of TV but don't get up and move around for 20 minutes a day.

It's a priority thing for me. I am motivated and ready for do this! It's great to have a FITNESS BUDDY! S

I agree! With your help, maybe I can lose this weight.

I know what you mean about t.v., too!

We just went out and looked at a treadmill....not too impressed with the one I saw. Need to look more.
What I need to do, is walk the dog more!

You would be proud of me....I have a glass of water in front of me. Yes, I am drinking it, very slowly, but I am drinking it!

The one thing I found out about myself is I eat even though I am not hungry. I am trying to listen to my body more and keep away from the kitchen. It's funny, I have lots of things to do, it just seems second nature to be putting food in my mouth!

Lisa

Good Luck Lisa and Sandra! And welcome to the WISH Board. I have been eating lower carb since June and am down 32 pounds. I have LOTS to go -- so you won't see me leaving anytime soon though!:rolleyes:

start/current/goal
247/215/139
5'2''
:D

Hi Jody, when you get to 199 it's an amazing feeling! Under 200 lbs is great! CONGRATS! You will at goal by your WDW trip!

When I was 210 lbs, my goal was 160 lbs. But secretly I dreamed of 140 lbs. When I got to 122 lbs, I was thrilled. However, it was really very small for me. 130 lbs is perfect since I have been using weights I now have muscles that I really didn't have at 122 lbs. I have a closet full of size 4-6 clothes that I can't throw away just yet.

I am 152 lbs now. A combination of poor eating, less cardio, less water and stopped nursing over a year ago added to my weight gain. My son will be 3 years old next week. I actually lost a lot of weight after we was born. I went to 136 lbs, but that's because I nursed him and went straight back to working at the gym when he was three weeks old. I was doing sit ups in the hosptial when he was 6 hours old. It was a great pregnancy at the end and I got back into shape right away. But between ending nursing when he was 16 months old and emotional eating, I gained weight back. I am very disappointed about it, but now I am doing something about it! I hope to lose about 4-8 pounds per month. So by Spring, I should be at goal. There are no major parties to go to now that Cmas is over. I will be a good girl!

I am energized since I started cardio exercise again. Eating healthy and less food really puts me in a great mood too!

That's DIET BUDDIES! S

Sandra,
How tall are you?

I wish you luck at accomplishing your goal by spring BUT don't dessert me --- as I will be here for a LONG time!;)

Let's work together on this! I will not be leaving soon. I am about 158 lbs and 5'4". I want to be 130. I used to weigh 110 when I got married, but it was waaayyyy toooo skiiinnnnyyyy!

I looked anorexic! I think I will look much better at 130.

Been drinking some water, need to find an exercise routine.

Let's stay in touch.
Lisajl

Hi, I am 5'6" tall and medium frame. At 122 lbs, I was size 4-6. At 130 lbs, I'll be about size 7. I will likely be hanging around these boards for a looooooong time too! S

YIPEE! There is nothing like motivation than losing more weight! I am down 2 more pounds. I have to admit, I am a little surprised about it. Although I have been exercising, yesterday and the day before, I nibbled on cookies and stuff like that. I didn't think I gained weight, but I didn't think I lost weight either. Saying that, I did noticed my jeans were a little more loose yesterday. I taught a yoga and step class last night. The classes were busier than usual (always happens in January) so I showed no mercy in the step class and really pumped it up. I have a yoga class tonight and I'll try to get 15-20 minutes of cardio today. I can't wait to get to 130 lbs again! S

Congrats! Glad you are losing! sounds kinda funny...glad you are losing!

Oh well...have not done much for my weight loss. My DH and I are considering a treadmill. Will see where I can go from there.
Lisa

Oh No! I was so bad last night! I ate a bunch of corn chips and cheese. I went right back to emotional eating. I am on track today. I hope I can retain my weight lose. I want to drop 20 lbs in about 3 months. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter