• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 Very Merry Unbirthdays- A mostly solo Disneyland TR Jan/Feb 2015

buttercup14

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

I’m Louise from Australia:

P1030984.jpg

I’ve recently returned from a month long trip to USA, 6 days of which were spend at Disneyland! So here I bring you my trip report. The DLR leg of my holiday was mostly solo, my family joining me for the last 2 days. You can also check the WDW trip report section for my TR from my leg of the holiday there, which is currently two days off completion:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/i-know-lets-park-hop-a-febuary-2015-tr.3388957/#post-53252364

I warn you now, if you don’t like Alice in Wonderland or The Mad Hatter, there’s going to be a lot of parts in the TR you’ll want to skip!

My DLR visits were split up into 2 parts of the holiday, 3 days at the end of January and 3 at the end of February. For the Jan leg of the trip, I stayed at Anaheim plaza inn and suits, opposite the park, cheap, nice enough for me but I’m not picky on hotels. For the second keg I stayed at Super 8, even cheaper but same quality, only difference was it was a bit further to walk but I didn’t mind. Staff were friendly in both, no complaints here. I took the Disneyland resort express from LAX, had to wait an hour for it but it was clean and comfortable. Going back I took Karmel shuttles, prompt and friendly driver. On the first day when I arrives from Aus. I wondered around DTD, very very jetlagged! I remember very little except how tired I was! My reports for the first 3 days will be a bit hazy and all over the place, but if you hang in there my reports from the last 3 days will have some nice moments and tips in there!

29th January 2015- Disneyland

After a good, long nights sleep, I was ready for my first day in the parks! I arrived 10-15 mins before opening time (10am) and they were letting folks through the gates. I had planned to go to city hall first to ask where/when the Mad Hatter would be out, but there was quiet a long line, so I decided to come back. I’m not sure why, but I felt a but lost and wondered around for a bit. I’ve been several times before and knew where I wanted to go first, but my brain just stopped working, guess I was still tired. Eventually I ended up in the FP line for fantastic, which was about 20 minutes long, I probably should have gone right there (which was my intention!) or come back later, but I stuck it out, but the time I got my FP it was 10.30 .

P1030530.jpg

What do you do while waiting in line? Take pictures!

Then went to Indiana jones. I knew this had a SR line but I wanted to go through the regular line, which the sign said was 10 minutes, which was fine with me. Except it actually ended up being 20 minutes. Oh well! I enjoyed the ride more than the last time I had ridden it, though it was a bit surreal and I felt like I needed to pinch myself to check I wasn’t asleep! Guess I was still tired!

After riding I went back to city hall which was not much less busy, they told me The Mad Hatter was in fantasyland right at that moment, so I went over to find him. I found him and Alice between the Tea cups and small world, and got in line. They noticed my unbirthday button and said it was their unbirthdays too (surprise! Who’ve thought!). They noticed my frying pan necklance and tried to fry an invisible egg on it, which somehow ended up being thrown at Alice:

P1030539.jpg

I think I might have ridden snow white or Pinocchio next, then headed down to main street where I noticed Mary and Bert doing a M&G with almost no line, so I went over to say hi. I told Mary how I could say supercalifragi etc (everyone knows what I mean, I have no idea how to spell it!) backwards ( a skill I acquired at 8 and have never forgotten). She said Bert had been working on saying it backwards and asked me if I’d like to hear, of course I said yes. If you ever see Bert ask him to say it backwards and see what he does.

P1030541.jpg

I went over to harbour gallery for lunch where I had broccoli and cheese soup, very nice but I was really not hungry! I think I then went on pirates then Mr. toad. Then to meet Rapunzel, who was so lovely, we talked about time travel, bare feet, melted ice cream and the advantages of having a lid on your frying pan. She also kept telling me how much she liked my outfit:

rap3.jpg

Then I went to watch Hatter and Alice play musical chairs:

P1030551.jpg

After musical chairs I got a Dole Whip float (which despite several past visits, I’d never had before) and got a spot for the parade.

P1030553.jpg

P1030555.jpg

pre-parade balloons.

Apparent Elsa had a temper tantrum backstage and froze all the floats, so the parade was about half an hour late. Gave me a nice chance to talk to the sweet little girl next to me!

Now looking at my photo’s, there’s a picture of Space Mountain next, which I remembered obtaining a FP for earlier in the day. I really enjoyed Space mountain, I remember not liking it so much on past trips. I then did Buzz and probably some other rides in fantasyland, then got an early dinner but I don’t remember where from. I do remember getting desert from the Jolly holiday bakery (a cupcake) and taking it over to fantasmic. I got there at 6.30 when my FP return started and joined the crowd, which was squishy and pushy! I got a spot with a decent view, it sprinkled a little bit but not badly enough that they had to cancel the show. I really enjoyed fantasmic, it’s just a shame that one has to go to such lengths, waiting for an hour before, 20 minutes for a FP and getting squished to see it. I sneaked out (managing not to disturb anyone!) a few minuted before the end of the show and went over to big thunder, which is great at night! I walked right on and would have had time to ride once more, but I didn’t feel like it.

P1030566.jpg

In stead of joining the crowds on main street, I wondered down big thunder trail and into fantasyland. The rides weren’t open any more, but it was so pretty and quiet! It was lovely to just wonder around with the park so quiet!:

P1030568.jpg

P1030570.jpg

P1030572.jpg

Eventually I ended up joining the main street crowd, which wasn’t so bad by this point! I had wanted to go to ihop for a snack in the evening, but I wasn’t that hungry and I was pretty tired, so I called it a night!

30th January 2015- California adventure

Today I woke up at 5am and much to my dismay couldn’t get back to sleep! I headed out for breakfast (man, it’s quiet at 6am when the park doesn’t open till 10!) then had far too much time between then and park open. Once it finally got to 9.45am I headed in and waited for ‘rope drop’. I wasn’t feeling as excited today, but it may have been something to do with my body adjusting to time zone differences. At rope drop I tried to head right for radiator races, but got caught up in the FP line and had to wriggle my way out! (hint, if you don’t want to get in the FP line for the racers, stand on the right at rope drop). Radiator races gets crazy right away and I think they should hand out a map for single riders to help them avoid the crush and get safely to the SR line! Eventually I found the SR line, only waited 5-10 minutes to get on. I really enjoyed the racers, more for the theming, it’s very clever. I got right back on, again only waited 5-10 minutes. The standby line was already full and must have been around 45 minutes:

P1030585.jpg

I’m not sure, but I think I may have ridden a third time while it was still quiet in the SR line. I also did the flying tired while I was in the area. If you havn’t been on or heard about this, it’s like a giant air hocket table with lots of pucks (tired) that you sit in, and you lean from side to side to move the tired. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get mine to move as just one person, but being alone worked in my favour, I could slide from side to side and get my tire moving pretty quickly! It was unexpected, but I really enjoyed this ride!:

P1030594.jpg

My first ever selfie, which I normally avoid taking, ie what you're forced to do when no one is around to take a photo for you

I went to have a look at wait time for screamin’, it was a bit long so I got a FP (I knew there was a SR line but went with the FP option). I’m not sure In what order the next few things happened in, but I know at some point I went on tower of terror and it had a very short line, I also did silly symphony swings at some point, I used to love those types of rides as a child, but I just can’t handle the spinning as an adult! My FP was screamin’ was around 11 so I went on that, which I enjoyed.

I had lunch at Boardwalk pizza & pasta, I’d been feeling sleepy all morning so after lunch I decided a nap was in order. On my way out I spotted Goofy doing a M&G, his line was short so I stopped to say hi:

P1030596.jpg

Goofy hula dancing with me after he saw my top, had I have been more awake I'd have told him I prefer the hooping kind of hula!

P1030597.jpg

One of my favourite pictures from the holiday

I slept for 2 hours and woke up in a daze, convincing myself that going back to the park was a good idea. Upon arriving I decided a sugar hit might be in order, so I got a Red’s apple freeze from Cozy cone, which was bizarrely amazing!

P1030601.jpg

I took a walk then sat for a but while I finished my drink. I ended up sitting near pluto while he was doing a M&G, and when he was leaving he stopped to sniff me. I rode hemlich’s chew chew train and the little mermaid (since I didn’t do these as a child), got a FP for tower of terror, early dinner at award wieners then got a spot for the parade:

P1030608.jpg

P1030620.jpg

After the parade finished I used my FP for ToT (which I suggests everyone does at night, it’s great, all be it brief, view). I went to get some night time pictures of radiator springs:

P1030637.jpg

P1030642.jpg

I had really wanted to eat at Flo’s V8 but just wasn’t hungry that day, so settled for getting a picture outside:

me1.jpg

The park was open for another 2 hours, but I was still so tired!

31st January- Disneyland or It’s the girl with the hat again!

I believe I forgot to mention that yesterday I bought a mini mad hatter hat, which I wore all holiday like it was glued to my head, this well become relevant later. So the advantage to calling it early last night was I was well rested an ready to go for a 7am early open! Well, kind of. More like a 7.20am early open by the time I got there! Still in that 40 minutes I managed to ride Alice in Wonderland, Space mountain and Nemo. When it hit 8am I went over to fantasyland, knowing that magical things tend to happen there early in the morning, and indeed they do!

The first magical thing came courtesy of the Disney ducks, who were wishing all the guests good morning from up on a wall by quacking relentlessly. I stood watching them for a good few minutes, and I love how every single person who walked past greeted them with a ‘hello’ or ‘morning’ or the one gentleman who threw his arms in the arm enthusiastically with a ‘What’s up!?’:

P1030644.jpg

Upon returning my attention back to my surroundings and away from the ducks, I noticed Alice, Hatter and peter pan down the path. I was fairly sure they weren’t going anywhere soon and they seemed occupied with some children, so I went to take some pictures of the tea cups while they wondered up towards them:

P1030645.jpg

I’d taken enough pictures and they still hadn’t reached the tea cups, also peter had disappeared (this didn’t bother me since I mostly find him kind of annoying!), so I wondered a bit closer to them and watched them talking to some little girls. At some point the Hatter turned around, saw me and exclaimed ‘oh, I made that hat!’ He and alice then went into some sort of debate about if he did indeed make my hat, and he pulled me over saying ‘come over here and clear this up’. I told him I needed to have a word with him about my hat, but that got interrupted when somebody mentioned the word ‘tea’ and before I knew it we (me, alice, the girls they were talking to and a few other folks) were having an invisible tea party, with Mr. Hatter instructing us on the proper way to drink tea!

P1030657.jpg

Upon finishing our tea party Mr. hatter asked me what it was I wanted a word about. I told him I very much liked his hat but the strap was very uncomfortable (really, it pinched the back of my ears! After a few days the elastic stretched as I knew it would and it stopped pinching) We debated how to fix the issue and at some point he suggested Alice pull on it.

After I parted ways with Hatter and Alice I took a ride on one of the main street vehicles, just because, stopped to watch the characters in main street (I believe Mickey waved at me as he was walking past) then walked back to toon town, it was really quiet, I could have ridden something or meet a character but I decided to just wonder around, enjoying it being so quiet rather than being over run by families:

P1030662.jpg

Looking at my pictures it seems I took a ride on Buzz next. Then I headed to the main gate to watch the opening show. I really suggest if you’ve got kids or like me enjoy characters you go to this, The Disneyland band, Hatter, Alice and some other characters come out, play songs and dance with the kids/ sometimes adults/ sometimes strollers. This morning we got Hatter, Alice, Chip, Dale, Mary, Bert and Cruella. I really admire the characters ability to control the crowds with this show, being that when they arrive everyone is crowded around trying to get pictures in front of the floral.

P1030670.jpg

P1030672.jpg

I’m not sure what I did the rest of the morning, I seem to be lacking photo’s. I know I road roger rabbit, haunted mansion and Indiana jones, possibly pirates. At some point I met Merida, who it turns out controls the ducks, really, she yelled at a duck to come over to her and it started to, then said ‘oh no no don’t come over here’ and it started to go away!

P1030677.jpg

In true me fashion, I have my eyes closed

I had lunch at the Plaza Inn, fried chicken of course, first time I’d felt hungry the whole holiday! I went to watch Musical chairs with Hatter and Alice again, I just love Hatter’s rules for musical chairs. I got a picture with them after, when they saw me coming hatter said ‘oh, it’s that girl with the great hat again!’:

P1030680.jpg

I asked hatter for a picture with just him, he grabbed Alice by the shoulders and moved her out of the shot, she was confused and then when she realized what happens started sulking, she’s at the side of this picture saying ‘it’s really not a very good photo at all’! She made a nice memory for me by sulking I must say! I wish I’d have gotten the chance during my time in LA to show her some love, but she’s so much more popular than the Hatter!

P1030681.jpg

By this point in the day it was around 2pm and pretty crowded! I decided a relaxing ride on the Mark Twain was in order. On my way I ended up walking right next to Jasmine, Aladdin and the Genie, who I didn’t realize was there until I felt someone tap my right shoulder, I looked to my right and saw no one, was confused then saw Genie walking on my left, at which point I’d realized I’d fallen victim to his prank, I thought the tap felt a bit soft to be a normal hand!

I got to the mark twain with perfect timing, it was just boarding as I arrived. One of my new favourite things to do at Disney on a weekend came from this ride, I noticed the couple next to me kept waving, after watching them I realized they were waving at all the kids they saw, and all the kids were waving back, so I started joining in! I found this such a simply but delightful thing to do, and I will now do it on every trip!:

P1030687.jpg

The Saturday crowds from the Mark Twain

P1030683.jpg

When the boat got back I went on Haunted mansion, since it never seems to get a long line. I’m not sure what else I did for the rest of the day, I know after the parade finished up I went on the Storybook canals and once I was dark I rode the Casey jr. Train. I also remember going to the big thunder ranch and patting the goats, wishing they were cats (I was missing my cat!) and noticing there were a lot of characters along big thunder trail. I left early today since I had an early flight to orlando the next day and had to re-pack etc. So that concludes part one of my DL adventures, and in the next few weeks I went to orlando, Denver and las vegas, before heading back to LA.

22nd February 2015- Disneyland or The best day of my holiday

I start this part of the report by saying that I owe Mr. hatter a cup of tea for being so lovely to me today, he made my holiday! I’d got into LA the night before, feeling much more well rested and energetic than I had the first 3 days of the holiday! Such a shame there was only 4 days left (I believe I miss-calculated in the title, and I actually had 7 merry unbirthdays, but one of them was a surprise!)

I was up and ready for park open, and headed right to fantasyland, it was so quiet! I couldn’t believe how quiet it was! I guess everyone was out late last night and couldn’t get out of bed! There was no line on the tea cups, while I’m actually not good wit spinning I decided to get on, and low and behold, it was just me, the whole ride to myself! Once I got in my tea cup part of me felt like I should yell’ clean clean, clean cup, move down’ and change cups.

This must have been amusing for anyone who walked past- one single person wearing a Mad Hatter hat on the teacups!

As soon as I got off the tea cups I spotted Hatter and Alice and wondered down towards them. I stood back a bit once again and watched them talk to the guests, I really love watching them! Hatter turned around and saw me saying something along the lines of ‘oh! Nice hat!’ He then threw me a teacup he was holding, which I dropped, of course. I picked it up and threw it back (apparently I did it wrong and it was supposed to be like a Frisbee). He then came over, read my unbirthday girl badge, and exclaimed ‘you’re my friend!’ He told Alice she’d been replaced (she didn’t seem to mind) and let me walk along with them for a bit. Once there were a few people waiting to meet them I left, I presume I went to ride some things, possibly space mountain and big thunder, but I don’t remember exactly what and don’t have photo’s that shed any light. I think I went up to toon town to enjoy the quietness again, where Pluto was being partially energetic this morning, he kept waging his tail, it looked like a cute funny little dance!

I went to watch the opening show, today we got Hatter, Alice, Chip, Dale and Cruella. This show was a bit more relaxed then last time, kids who wanted to could go up and dance with the characters. At one point during the show they were acting out Indiana jones and Mr. hatter used me as protection from the chip and dale boulders, one of the more disorientating moments of the day, when suddenly there’s a mad man hiding behind you and large chipmunks trying to get at him!

P1030925.jpg

I must have done some more rides, I got the opportunity to create some magic for a little girl since a few days before I had won an olaf soft toy at a games arcade but didn’t want it, so I brought it along to find a little girl who could give it lots of warm hugs. At 11am I went to see the castle show, which is a really nice little show with the Disneyland band and some characters (mickey, goofy, Pluto and others). Alice and Hatter also come out and pull some kids up to sing the unbirthday song to, Mr. Hatter came and pointed to me while he was singing, it was so sweet that he kept paying attention to me at shows.

P1030935.jpg

Mickey after the show

I wondered around a bit just enjoying the atmosphere, had lunch at the Mexican place next to big thunder (which I can’t spell the name of, but it was really nice!) Rode the sailing ship Columbia (where someone I didn’t know took a picture with me out of the blue!) and saw a small show with a band, Cruella, chip and dale and goofy:

P1030936.jpg

I went over for musical chairs again and this time got to play, it was a seriously big game, Mr. Hatter had to move a table and a bin to make enough room for all the chairs! Alice thought we should play musical umbrellas. When we got out we became ‘cupcakes’ instead of losers and had to say what kind of cupcake we were and what occasion for. When I got out (ie, placed on child in a chair and turned my back until another sat down :P) I was a rainbow cupcake for my unbirthday. Which prompted hatter to jokingly make me the winner.

When musical chairs finished I sat down for a bit (I’d done so much wondering that day, my feet were so sore!). Hatter came and sat with me for a bit, asking me what I was going to do now since I’d just been following him all day! (both true and untrue, I told him about some of the other things I’d done). I got a picture with him before I left refreshments corner:

P1030944.jpg

I saw Mickey and the magical map, which I really enjoyed, I really just wanted to get up and sing and dance but I thought that might look a little strange! I defiantly recommend this show.

P1030948.jpg

I rode a few other things, went window shopping and had dinner at Pizza port (I love their pasta). It had been raining on and off all day, and I had planned to stay till midnight and see the fireworks and late fantasmic, but I wasn’t sure it would happen. A lot of people had left, and I think most people weren’t sure if the fireworks would happen, but they did, and it ended up being the most intimate fireworks display I’d ever seen, I rolled up less than 5 minutes before and could pick a spot anywhere in front of the castle I wanted, the crowds was so tiny, it all felt so special (if only the castle wasn’t under refurbishment!). I grabbed a snack and sat down for a while, then wondered around for a bit. I could have stayed later but I felt more than content, so headed back to the hotel.

P1030952.jpg

23rd of February- Disneyland

Monday morning in February, not a long weekday, so you can imagine my surprise when I rolled up 15 minutes before gates to find this:

P1030953.jpg

There was an event going on, from what I could gather an annual pass holder one. I don’t re-call a lot of what I did from this morning, I was put off by the crowds as I had planned to ride today, but that plan kind of went out the window. I met Aerial as I was going in, since she was outside the main entrance. I bumped into Peter pan at one point, he told me not to the let Mad Hatter steal my hat in passing, which made me feel a bit better, since I was feeling out of sorts with the crowds (not that I normally had issues with crowds, I just wasn’t expecting them). I got a FP for fantasmic later in the morning (with no issue) other than that, I think I mostly did smaller rides for the morning, maybe one or two bigger ones. I remember waiting in line for Alice first thing in the morning and the queue already being around 30 minutes.

I went to see musical chairs again:

P1030955.jpg

Thinking this was my last day I chased after Mad Hatter after woods ,which really isn’t as much of an exaggeration as I’d like it to be, it was a moment of very poor judgment, since it was completely obvious they needed to go, but I’d always had trouble finding and Alice later in the day, and I wanted to make sure I said goodbye and thankyou, since he’d been so lovely yesterday, really I should have just left it alone. Thankfully he was once again lovely and gave me a hug, I think I maybe owe him more than just one cup of tea maybe a years supply of tea :oops: :o

I went to Indiana Jones, which I had a FP for then to sit down for the parade, but at the last minute changed my mind and went to Mickey and the Magical map again, this time sitting right at the front and to the side, to try and get a closer look at some things (with no success, well done on Disney’s part for keeping all the backstage technical bits out of sight even when I was looking for them!).

I poked around toon town for a while, got dinner then a cake pop which I took over to fantasmic, where everyone was lining up across the pathway. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t occur to folks to line up down the side, I feel so sorry for the CM’s who have to handle the fantasmic crowds and other crowds, you’d loose your voice by the end of the night! I got a spot right at the front, I loved the family sitting next to me, the kids kept asking if the show had started yet and the dad kept saying ‘yes, what do you think of it’, to which the children would respond ‘it hasn’t started yet!’ I also found myself staring at Big thunder a lot while waiting for the show to start, so pretty!

P1030956.jpg

Once again I really enjoyed Fantasmic, since I’d covered so much of the park multiple time already I didn’t mind having to wait an hour before to get a good spot.

P1030959.jpg

Whilst not a good picture, I like it because I can use the caption 'I can fly, I can fly, I can fly!'

I ducked out as soon as the show finished and manage to get a ride in on Big thunder again. On the way out I went into main street cinema to watch for a while before heading back to my hotel to meet up with my family who’d just flown in.

P1030976.jpg

More big thunder at night

24th February 2015- Disneyland or SURPRISE!

So the plan was when I met up with my family that we’d spend today at Knotts berry farm and our last day at California adventure, but it apparently my family had changed their mind in the few days I’d been away from them, and now wanted to go to DL today, and maybe the next day to. So I was pretty surprised! I had an extra hour on the ticket I had bought, so after breakfast at ihop with my family (by the way, why don’t we get ihop’s in Australia!?) I went into the park early, once again it was pretty crowded, but I just wanted to ride and I didn’ mind what, so I went on Buzz, snow white, anything I could find with a small line really. Just before park open I rode Autopia, where I stalled my car, twice, the first time right in the middle of the track! I’m not the only one who find these cars much harder to drive than normal ones right? On my way out of tomorrowland, I noticed this seagull who was clearly completely convinced by the animatronic seagulls:

P1030983.jpg

Then I went to meet up with my family who were in line at Indiana jones, for some reason they were holding the line outside the ride. I found them with assistants from our family signal (where we flail our arms around above our head, it may look silly but it works really well!). While the line looked really long, it only took us about 20 minutes to get through it, we passed the time by playing marco polo with others in the line. The rest of my family really wanted to ride more than anything, so we spent the morning going through all the rides in adventureland and frontierland. I felt so strange not spending my morning in Fantasyland!

P1040630.jpg

We finally wondered through fantasyland on the way to lunch at pizza port. And of course on our way who do we run into but Hatter and Alice! I hear people talk about how much trouble they have finding Hatter and Alice, but I ran into them constantly In the mornings regardless of if I was looking for them or not! They had basically no line so we stopped to say hi. Alice saw me and said ‘wait, you said you were going, you lied to us’ (she said that in a nice way), I said I thought I was and dad told Alice he was the one who lied. Alice said that maybe I’ll actually never leave (I wish!), which somehow got us talking about time travel and today’s and yesterdays, it was a conversation between my dad, hatter and Alice which I couldn’t quiet follow, but somehow it ended up with my dad posing the question ‘what would happen if you stood with one foot in tomorrowland and the other on main street’. Hatter suggested Alice be the guiene pig:

P1040632.jpg

P1040634.jpg

We got a FP for space mountain, had lunch then me and my brother split off. We went on Buzz, followed by some time in fantasyland then we went to see musical chairs (which my brother had wanted to see as well). Our folks found is there and we went to use our space mountain FP. Mum said she wanted to see the parade so we got a spot and waited. Dad got some nice shots:

P1040679.jpg

P1040647.jpg

P1040654.jpg

Aladdin thinks I'm mad for wearing my hat.

P1040666.jpg

We rode some more, I think we did Mr. toad and Alice, had a late dinner at plaza inn then I think did one more ride before park close.

25th February 2015- Disneyland or Goodbye Disneyland

So this was our last day, no surprised coming this time, flights were booked for tonight and this was it, needless to say I was a bit sad all day. We had breakfast booked at Goofy’s kitchen, food was good, characters felt average but if I’d had been in a happier mood I’d have probably enjoyed it more:

reversie.jpg

Mr Hatter the previous few days had been telling everyone who came up to take a selfie with him about this new thing called a reversie, where you take a picture of what's in front of you (it's revolutionary I say!) He told everyone to spread it round with #reversie, so here' mine.

P1040705.jpg

P1040701.jpg

P1040710.jpg

breakfast of champions. At one point in passing, Goofy did suggest that I try having ketchup with my dirt and worms.

P1040714.jpg

"I know the autopia cars are hard to drive, but how's I end up in the hotel lobby?"

So you know that hat that I said was basically glued to my head all holiday….i almost left it behind at the breakfast! We left and on our way out looked in the gift shop, and at some point mum say’s to me ‘Louise, where’s you’re hat?’ at which point I realize I left it on the table, oh no! We go back and ask a cast member, who let’s me go in to look, couldn’t see it, then I ask another cast member, she looks in a draw and phew! We always say that if you leave something behind when you’re travelling, it means you’ll go back some day, but i think I was trying to take that a bit to far!

We got into the park for opening at 10am, and once again rode quite a lot, it got to around midday and I was tired of riding, so I separated off, got lunch at the jolly holiday bakery then went in search of some character. First I came across Peter Pan, mostly I find him a bit annoying (I’ve said that before) but I’d seen him around basically every day and never stopped to say hi, so I thought I would this time, it was also the first time I’d seen him stopped in one place and not running about everywhere! He again told me not to let the Mad Hatter steal my hat, then looked at my fog watch, which I told him was broken, he asked what I did to it and I told him it came broken (yes, it really is 2 days slow). Despite normally finding him annoying, I enjoyed meeting him:

P1030995.jpg

Then I headed over to Pixie Hollow, where I met Rosetta and Tinkerbell:

P1030998.jpg

It's a nice view from Pixie Hollow

P1030999.jpg

P1040001.jpg

Followed by a brief stop at the wishing well, can’t tell you what I wished for or it won’t come true! Then headed over for one last game of musical chairs, where I got to play again (though I was the only adult this time), my brother found me joined in as well:

I am the unwinner!

I went over to Pirate’s layer/ tom sawyers island after, since it was the one thing I hadn’t done but wanted to do. I do wish me brother would have come with me, I’m sure we would have had fun being big kids there, but he left to go ride something. It was then time to leave, I watch a bit of the parade on my way out, and then it was goodbye for now. I had a really amazing time on my trip, and really loved to so much solo, it’s a really unique experience and one of the best parts was just wondering around and seeing magic happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter