6 years on the DIS... its time for a trip report!

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
Crazy, right?! I always figured most people don't want to read about our family vacation, but I really enjoy reading everyone else's. Also, this trip which has just come together so miraculously, so I feel like I want to memorialize it!
So both feet in, here we go!!

Who? Immediately, it will be:
Me!
DH!
B! DD8
E! DS7
J! DD5
We are a So Cal family, where the weather rarely gets above 80. We usually have Disneyland APs, and make it down at least once a month, but in the interest of saving money for our trip this summer, I let the passes lapse last month (AND IT IS KILLING ME!!!)

also will be my mom and dad (who were born the same year as Disneyland, so I'll let you do the math!)

Plus my sister's family, made up of:
Sisier
BIL
Nephew- 14
Niece- 12
Nephew- 4
Nephew- almost 3
Niece- 1.5
They live in Pensacola, and have recently adopted the 4 year old nephew, and I can't wait to meet him, and my youngest niece, who I also haven't met since we live 3000 miles apart.

AND, I recently found out- COMPLETELY serendipitous, one of my cousins is also vacationing there at the same time with her family of 4! CRAZY!!!

When?
Call me crazy, but the last week of July. I know. I know. Why not vacation directly on the sun? We couldn't find an avaliable sweat lodge?

Where?
Fort Wilderness Cabins! (first time!) I've always stayed values, until the first time I tried SOG... then I was in love. But with the awesome military discount by Disney this year, I called to see what would be cheaper- two cabins or three rooms at SOG. Amazingly, the two cabins would only be $70 more total for our 6 night stay, so we are trying something new! yay! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Fort Wilderness!

Why?
This is so strange. So... my bestie is stationed in Spain right now, and she was planning on coming back stateside to WDW this summer for a family vacation, and so we were planning on going together. So she wanted to know if we would want to meet them there. (DUH!!!) So I let my mom and sister know, so maybe they could meet us there while I am meeting J there!

Then last fall my dad had some pretty bad health scares, and I hated being all the way out here, but I knew he was in good hands there. (my sister is the head nurse on the cardiac floor!)So I decided that we were DEFINATELY coming to visit this summer. i wanted to see my parents, and meet my sister's kids!

So, it didn't work out for J to come back this summer, so I asked my mom and sister, and they said thats OK, WDW is still on! So here we come!

Next up...
What do you think of my itinerary?

Here's some pics of us! We haven't taken a picture togeher in YEARS, so here are some random Disneyland pics!

DH and I
010-2.jpg

DH and DD
020.jpg

DS
007-3.jpg

DD
029.jpg

The Grand Plan!
By using park hours, morning EMH and Touring Plans Best/ Worst days, I have come up with the following plan. It feels like I need a secret lair to lay all of this out instead of the family comupter desk littered with Club Penguin codes!
Sun: July 24. Arrival Day
Mon: July 25. AK (AM EMH, worst park due to EMH- 6.2) 8-8
Tue: July 26. MK (neutral park-7, AM EMH) 8-11
Wed. July 27 OFF DAY
Thursday. July 28 EP (best park- 4.6) 9-9
Friday July 29 DHS (best park- 2.7) 9-7
Saturday July 30 DEPARTURE DAY

Next up: ADRs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter