• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

60 day + bookings at Toy Story Land

I booked Monday for 6/29-7/7, was going to book Alien Saucers until I realized it is probably very similar to Teacups (I can't handle that much spinning) and I still see availability for those on most days. Couldn't get Slinky Dog for any day/time, will keep trying. TOT and RR are gone now most days, too (I was able to get both), but TSMM FPs are still plentiful.
I'm curious if others are seeing this same thing. I say that only because Touring Plans has a FP tool that allows you to look out at each particular ride. For 7/7 I'm seeing a massive amount of available times for Slinky Dog....running for 10:55am to 10:30pm. Now keep in mind that TP says this is a FP for 1 so if you have a large group you could be impacted. In the past I've found this tool useful............so I'm very curious what others are seeing.

Doug :goofy:

I can't look past the 5th but from what looks like to me I would imagine Slinky Dog has pretty mass availability from mid-day through evening on 7/7 (60+4 that would be ... actually Hundred Acre Woods confirms this 2 posts above). By tomorrow - 60+3 your probably at 7am only going to have late evening available to bordering on none. Then by the next day 60+2 your going to be bordering on none and a few random night ones available. By 60+1 and 60 your probably at 0 availability.

I just scheduled FP today through 7/13. Had my pick of several times for both SDD and Alien Saucers. No problems at all. I didn't even do it at 7am. It was 8am CA time when I was doing it. Our first visit to Studios is on 7/7.

I was looking specifically for evening times. There was availability every hour after 5pm.

Sound like once you get to 60+4 and after you pretty much have your pick of fastpasses.

Does anyone think that Alien Saucers will be similar to Mater's Junkyard ride at California Adventure? Just wondering as we think ahead in planning for our fast passes later this month. We have done it before so thinking slinky dog may be the better option for our one-day morning we will have at Hollywood Studios.

Does anyone think that Alien Saucers will be similar to Mater's Junkyard ride at California Adventure? Just wondering as we think ahead in planning for our fast passes later this month. We have done it before so thinking slinky dog may be the better option for our one-day morning we will have at Hollywood Studios.

Yes. The ride mechanism is an exact clone. The only difference is the themeing. It will probably be a bit smoother for now, since it's new. We frequent Disneyland as locals, so I didn't bother to make a FP for this ride. We will maybe get a DAS return for it, depending on how long the standby wait is. It's definitely not a "must do" for our family...at this point, my kids never ask to ride Mater's anymore either, so I think they are sort of "over it."

I made 2 FP+ reservations for Slinky Dog Dash on separate days. I suspect this one will be the BIG draw of the land, with much longer standby waits.

I am curious what the availability of the HS Tier 2 FPs is like after June 30? I imagine it might be just as difficult to get RnR FP as it is to get some of the TSL FP once the tiers change. Can anyone weigh in?

***This post was incorrect - it wasn't showing because I held those fastpasses ... if I chose to change time it then shows available - - but afternoons only now. So right now looks like 60 day cutoff is really getting morning fast passes --- sorry***

Afternoon of 60+0 today for July 3 ....Animal Kingdom (Expedition Everest and Dinosaur are now gone)
Afternoon of 60+2 Hollywood Studios (Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower Terror are now gone)

Both were available this morning. So when busy this appears to be the cut off to get prime Tier 2 fastpasses. Animal Kingdom morning of 60+0 and Hollywood Studio morning of 60+2. Obviously Hollywood Studios is going to be packed and Animal Kingdom is getting a little less!

Last edited:
As a matter of fact your most likely correct in what the new Toy Story Tier is doing.

Before people had to choose between things like Toy Story MM and Rockin Rollercoaster. People would go heavy to Toy Story and leave RRC alone.

Now Toy Story is easier one to get as its being drawn off by Slinky Dog. And Rockin Rollercoast everyone is picking up because its tier 2.

So this year RRC will most likely be much harder to get while TSMM will be easier to get.

Afternoon of 60+0 today for July 3 ....Animal Kingdom (Expedition Everest and Dinosaur are now gone)
Afternoon of 60+2 Hollywood Studios (Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower Terror are now gone)

Both were available this morning. So when busy this appears to be the cut off to get prime Tier 2 fastpasses. Animal Kingdom morning of 60+0 and Hollywood Studio morning of 60+2. Obviously Hollywood Studios is going to be packed and Animal Kingdom is getting a little less!
I would be incredibly shocked if dinosaur is gone at 60 days. I would check in another day or two. Dinosaur is typically available day of.

Ok - ignore my posts - I'm wrong. Because I was holding those fastpasses it would say at bottom currently unavailable. If I go in and chose to change the time on they do have afternoon availability.

I will put disclaimer above.

I'm curious if others are seeing this same thing. I say that only because Touring Plans has a FP tool that allows you to look out at each particular ride. For 7/7 I'm seeing a massive amount of available times for Slinky Dog....running for 10:55am to 10:30pm. Now keep in mind that TP says this is a FP for 1 so if you have a large group you could be impacted. In the past I've found this tool useful............so I'm very curious what others are seeing.

Doug :goofy:

Also check the “last updated at” day and time on that. I noticed it updates at like 2am and so it hasn’t taken into account that day’s FP bookings yet.

Ok - ignore my posts - I'm wrong. Because I was holding those fastpasses it would say at bottom currently unavailable. If I go in and chose to change the time on they do have afternoon availability.

I will put disclaimer above.
Ahhh makes sense. Thanks!

I don't book mine until July for our September trip, but I will come back and update when I do! Reports looks pretty promising if you can move HS and AK a little later into your trip.

Yes, I've scheduled HS on day 64 and AK on 65. I'm not worrying. I know we should be able to get FP for both 1 TSL ride and FOP. 'm just going to keep my eye on the stand by lines for all the TSL rides to see if we want to FP SDD or TSMM. At what I'm seeing now, there won't be a problem considering there's still FP's available during opening week.

I'll be interested to see if TSMM has day of fastpasses now that everyone is picking slinky dog. Problem is I don't think slinky or alien have much capacity level so they probably are not drawing off a ton. Not until star wars land and the mickey mouse ride open will we probably see fastpasses for prime rides day of. Just not enough rides there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter