60 days out...up at midnight and Toy Story Mania FP+ is already out

I was able to make Fastpasses for 4 of us for Monday, October 12, arrive between 9:45 am and 10:45 am this morning.

I also made fp for Monday Oct. 12th as well. Our original plan was to go on Thursday the 15th but we switched our HS day because there were no fp available that day.

I also made fp for Monday Oct. 12th as well. Our original plan was to go on Thursday the 15th but we switched our HS day because there were no fp available that day.

I also have FP fot Oct 12th. Switched my DHS day based on the prior info of no FP available after October 14th

I also have FP fot Oct 12th. Switched my DHS day based on the prior info of no FP available after October 14th

I am a little concerned that they might cancel my fast passes if they decide they need to close the ride for refurbishment. If that happens then we will go to another park, probably the Magic Kingdom.

I also will need to get another Fastpass for my youngest child, but I haven't bought his ticket yet.

I had to laugh when someone said they tried calling a CM.

I'm no expert on Disney, but even I know more about that place than they do.

When I was doing my ADR's I wanted to book the wishes dessert party, but then I saw that the dates were all blocked out past July. So I called in and the lady says, "We only have that on nights with Fireworks"

I was speechless. First I had to stop and ask myself... are there actually nights that Disney *doesn't* have fireworks? No.. No, I am positive they have them every single night. And second, is she suggesting that after July they aren't having fireworks anymore? lol. Without getting into all that, I pointed her to the park calendar which specifically had times for fireworks each night. Her response? I can't see that calendar. What? I tell her it is on the website, available for anyone to see. She tells me she can't see it and they haven't received calendars there yet, so she can't tell me whether or not they are having fireworks that day. She glazed right over the part where I pointed out they have fireworks *every* night.

*sigh*

I hung up and called back. This guy immediately tells me that they just renamed the dang dessert party, and tells me to look it up under the new name.

So while helpful, I did loose all faith in calling in and talking to CM's that day. I learned real quick that it is common for them to just make up an answer and stick to it.

If we really wanted to have some fun I'd suggest we all call and ask what is going on and compile a list of all the amazing made up excuses we get.

Thanks to the all the folks who post these types of questions and updates to this board. We have a upcoming trip in Mid Oct. Fortunately we had an option on what day out of 7 we could hit DHS. Not wanting to take a chance on missing TSM or waiting in a huge line, plan B was activated since plan A had us visiting DHS within the time frame being mentioned (10/15 thru 10/24). Our FP window opened last night and I was able switch plans to DHS on 10/14 instead of 10/19 and to secure a FP for TSM. Without the information on this board I would of been cursing the screen at or around midnight trying to figure out why I could not get a FP for TSM 60+ days out. Hopefully Disney does not expand the non availability window.

I think it's safe to say that TSMM is NOT sold out! You guys are picking these up like gangbusters!! :yay: It definitely looks as if there is something up with the date of the 15th on. It just can't be that they are available on the 14th but already sold out on the 15th or 19th. Just not really possible to me.

I'm so happy every one is picking up their TSMM FPs!!!

Last edited:

I had to laugh when someone said they tried calling a CM.

I'm no expert on Disney, but even I know more about that place than they do.
I'd assume that the customer service phone line is an entry level job, so it's going to be the first day or week on the job for some of them. They probably get some training on how to answer the phones courteously, escalate problems, general employee stuff, but it takes more than the few days of training to acquire expertise on the ins and outs of WDW theme parks.

Well - these are the people that are Disney's front line. It reflect upon the company as a whole. And many folks don't know any better, so they take what they hear for face value.

In this case, the lady should have simply said she didn't know. Instead she just made something up. And in my experience calling in, things never get escalated. Trying to get passed to someone else is extremely difficult, and more often then not they just transfer you back to the main hold line.

I find it hard to believe that any company would have an information call line and would put people on that line with no experience and/or no knowledge of the actual parks. I also doubt that every single person answering calls is on their first week or two of the job.

I think it's safe to say that TSMM is NOT sold out! You guys are picking these up like gangbusters!! :yay: It definitely looks as if there is something up with the date of the 15th on. It just can't be that they are available on the 14th but already sold out on the 15th or 19th. Just not really possible to me.

@eXo bummer that CMs have that reputation. I'm trying SoOOO hard to become one and I want to actually be capable of providing some sort of answer and when I hear instances like this, I just shake my head because I wonder how I'm not getting hired compared to these others? I wonder if the CM was confused about Wishes vs the Frozen Summer desser packages and that's why they said they were only available for days that they do fireworks, because DHS doesn't always have it? Still, that's a HUGE mistake to make if so. And also, I have no idea how the holiday parties fall into it, so maybe she meant non party days....(In other words, if we don't buy a holiday ticket, we have to leave at 7, no fireworks for us that day...)

I guess in some way, these give me hopes that maybe I got a shot... Sigh...I've been on this same single position pursuit since early June!

I'm so happy every one is picking up their TSMM FPs!!! (For the PP that was missing one for their young son, if you have a fairly good ratio majority, say 3-5 people have an FP and he doesn't, you should still have no problem getting on with you. Just tell the CM you bought his ticket later on, if indeed it won't allow his to be copied from yours which it likely could.)

Fwiw, I've had many, MANY excellent interactions with phone CMs. Most are cheerful, helpful and accurate, and because of them I look forward to calling Disney.

There are only two that stand out as being less-than-magical. One wasn't the CMs fault - for whatever reason we seemed to have a terrible connection and I could barely hear her even after she tried turning up her volume. I think we both got pretty frustrated on that call. The other was a CM who seemed to be under the impression he was working on commission. He tried WAY too hard to upsell me to the Beach Club and then sounded incredulous when I pointed out that even with that fabulous discount, the Pop was still several hundred dollars cheaper, so that's what we'd be taking. Talking to him was the one and only time I've ever hung up feeling annoyed at a CM. I basically had to badger him into giving me what I wanted.

But, you know, I wouldn't let those two experiences sour me on phone CMs. I still feel warm and fuzzy about the recent one who, while we were booking our room at Pop for our trip last spring, happened to notice that we could get a room at Coronado Springs for the same price. She also got incredibly excited when I told her we'd be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. She made the whole process delightful. :)

So last night at midnight, I logged in to do our FastPass+ selections. TSMM was not even available as an option for a FastPass! We are going Oct. 12-19. So after I selected our options I went back in to change times/selections to see if it would show up there and it did not. I called yesterday and spoke with a CM who said they were unaware of anything changing with TSMM. She even transferred me to Guest Services who also said they were unaware of any issues, but that they would put a ticket into the MDE and FastPass IT Team to see if it was something on their end. I plan on checking each day to see if it becomes available.

This same issue happened with Primeval Whirl for my AUG/SEPT trip. Couldn't get a FP, but no refurb news anywhere. Suddenly it appeared on the refurb list! I was annoyed that Disney knew it was going to be down, but waited for weeks to publish that info.

I'm still seeing no availability for the 15th to the 27th, which is starting to creep into our trip dates. I'm operating under the assumption that the ride is going to be closed for refurb during those times. Makes my FP+ planning a bit easier if nothing else.

Our trip seems to also land in the unknown TSMM "refurb dates" oct 13th to oct 20th. I'm hoping we can get some kind of answer soon. SIL and I love it, and it would have been DH's First time.

I too fall in the mysterious black out window and while TSM is not a ride i absolutely MUST do it's closure is just another reason why i have not even put DHS on my planning list :( its not even worth a 1/2 day right now!

I am fairly certain at this point that TSM is going to be closed during the duration of our trip, so I broke the news to the family last night. My husband's response was "Why are we even going?" LOL. He loves that ride so much. This is our last Disney trip for several years so it sucks that we won't be able to go on it one last time. Glad we got a bunch of re-rides in June!

I find it hard to believe that any company would have an information call line and would put people on that line with no experience and/or no knowledge of the actual parks. I also doubt that every single person answering calls is on their first week or two of the job.

This happens all the time with help desks. Part of the complaints for other companies outsourcing the help desks to other countries (not Disney) is that they don't know anything about the product. I use a product called ADP for my payroll at work. They are receiving a ton of complaints due to the fact that reps answering the phones don't know the products due to a recent influx of new hires.

I am fairly certain at this point that TSM is going to be closed during the duration of our trip, so I broke the news to the family last night. My husband's response was "Why are we even going?" LOL. He loves that ride so much. This is our last Disney trip for several years so it sucks that we won't be able to go on it one last time. Glad we got a bunch of re-rides in June!

Aw! Bummer.

Do you guys have a Wii? They have a TSMM game which is pretty neat. Not as cool as the ride, but still fun to play together.

Maybe it's another FP test? Not sure what though, maybe paper tickets for some reason.

It wouldn't shock me if they picked this as the popular ride to see what happens without fastpass test. Now that they are starting to get it installed in other parks, it's the perfect time to try some alternative ways of using it so it's smooth from the start there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter