• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

60th Anniversary Photo Ops

lifebybethany

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if all the 60th anniversary photo ops are still up in Disneyland? Headed that direction next February with fingers crossed that they might still be up!

Thanks!

There has been no announced end date for the 60th Anniversary Celebration yet, but the best guess is sometime in mid-to-late 2016 (either before summer of 2016 starts or at the end of the summer of 2016). It seems like a pretty good bet (at this point) that the 60th Anniversary Celebration will still be going on in early 2016 (especially because they're filming a special that will air in February), so the photo ops should still be up.

Does anyone have pictures of the special backgrounds? I saw the Matterhorn on Disneyland Today on Facebook/Twitter, but would love to see the others too!
sorry- edit to add text!

Last edited:

Does anyone have pictures of the special backgrounds? I saw the Matterhorn on Disneyland Today on Facebook/Twitter, but would love to see the others too!
sorry- edit to add text!
I'm not finished with my editing yet to have the downloaded pics to share, but I can give you full details of what they look like if you don't want to do an extensive online search.

Matterhorn: you grab a rope and there are snowy mountain ledges behind you (and snow in front to cover your feet) and a castle and monorail train in the "distance", the picture is rotated 90 degrees so you look like you are climbing uphill. It says "Scaling up the Fun at the Matterhorn" On the photopass website you can add a red border with a picture of the Matterhorn in the lower right corner and "Matterhorn" written in the upper left (like an old postcard).

Big Thunder: you sit on benches that make it look like you are riding in the front cars of the roller coaster, over a wooden bridge that is collapsing, with cartoons of people in the cars behind you. The backdrop is the rocky peaks of the ride and "Howdy from the Wildest Celebration in the Wilderness" The photopass border will make it look like a scratched up postcard.

Haunted Mansion: there are four headless busts from the ride's cemetery scene you can put your heads in (or the ghost heads will appear there if no one else does) including the tipped over bust. In the background are the hitchhiking ghosts and "Join our Spirited Celebration at the Haunted Mansion." The photopass border will make it look like a scratched up postcard with the hitchhiking ghosts in the foreground.

In DCA, the Grizzly Peak puts you in the mouth of the giant rock bear. "GRRReetings from Grizzly Peak." The photopass border adds an image of the whole peak with "Grizzly River Run" and a raft in the bottom right corner and give it a slight sepia tone.

The California Screamin puts you in the front cars of the roller coaster, and then is flipped upside down to say "Head Over Heels for Paradise Pier." So far, there is no photopass border for this.

The sixth photo op would/should be in Bugs Land. According to one Cast Member, it was put up on July 17th briefly, but nearly fell over and was immediately removed until it could be properly rebalanced for safe installation.

Wow! Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing. I did see a pic of the Haunted Mansion one - I didn't realize that was for the 60th anniversary celebration.
We will have to look for them on our trip. It's always fun to take some unique pics.

I don't remember where I heard this from, and it could be totally unreliable, but I heard that the celebration would go on for about 18 months, which would put the end of the celebration at the end of the fall of 2016 or so. Again, I don't know if this is true or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter