7 AM Lightning Lane Availability

wisblue

DIS Veteran
I've been out of the loop on this because I haven't planned a WDW trip since March. But now we are getting ready to visit for Marathon Weekend (assuming that Southwest can get its act together by then).

Since my last trip, the Tip Board has been changed to block people who don't have park reservations that day from "practicing" the exercise of trying to book a LL for the most popular attractions. I see that they don't even let you see available times until 7:15.

My question is what kind of experiences people have had trying to grab those LL slots if they try right at 7 AM. I am especially interested in ROTR and Slinky at DHS and GOTG and Remy at Epcot.

I know that back in the early days of Genie+ and LL we discovered that, while times for the most popular attractions moved quickly into the afternoon and evening and sometimes "ran out" within minutes, there would usually be new batches at times like 7:10 and 7:20. Those were often for desirable early returns.

What are things like now? Specifically (1) what kind of return times have people been able to get when trying right at 7:00:00?, and (2) have there been regular later "dumps" at predictable times that can help if a desirable time isn't available right at 7?

Thanks for any insights.

Check out the Thrill Data website. I believe they still track this.

Check out the Thrill Data website. I believe they still track this.
I am familiar with Thrill Data but I don’t think that really helps with this question. They track availability at 5 minute intervals and I’m looking for what happens in the first 30-60 seconds after the clock strikes 7.

After that, Thrill Data might show availability, but you can’t tell if that is a generally available time or a one time “pop up” time.

For example, for today for 7 AM they show the return time for Slinky as 8:30 AM and for 7:05 they show the return time as 7:40 PM. My question is what happens in those 5 minutes. Have people trying right at 7 AM been able to get a morning return time for this and the other attractions I mentioned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter