7 days disney with 4 days universal

ud1949

Earning My Ears
Is it worth it to spend 4 days at universal studios, or just go for one day? And stay the extra days at disney world?

Last Jan 07, we did 2 days Universal and Island of Ad. and 10 days Disney and some other things... but we loved US and IOA, we could have done 3 days there easily... Do you have children, because they have lands in both parks for them too. They have really cool rides, in IOA you have to do Spiderman, it's the coolest 3d motion ride that I've been on... the coasters are really great too. Have fun!
063_63_0002.jpg

104_104.jpg

I'm sure you'll have a great time in those 2 parks!!!!

Wondering the same thing as you. We're going to spend 8-10 days at disney and a few at Universal - not sure how long yet. Interested to see what others think?

We're spending two weeks in the Orlando area this summer and plan to do mostly US/IOA. Right now you can get a 7 day unlimited admission ticket to both parks for about $86. My kids love both parks and could easily spend a week there and not be bored!

Spend the money on the Expresspass and you should be able to see everything in a leisurely manner in 2-3 days. We have done this more than once.

Spend the money on the Expresspass and you should be able to see everything in a leisurely manner in 2-3 days. We have done this more than once.

Purchasing express pass may be a waste of $$ depending on when the OP is considering going. If it's a busy time of year it's worth it. If it's not too busy, then it can be a waste.

OP when are you planning on going to US/IOA? Will you be staying onsite?

Iam thinking the end of oct. 07
Six days disney, 4 days universal.
With 3 kids 6yo, 8yo, 16yo.
thanks for the help.

ps I will stay at POR and Hard Rock

More WDW less Universal!!! WE went a few years ago and I would think 2 marathon days would do it.

Is it worth it to spend 4 days at universal studios, or just go for one day? And stay the extra days at disney world?

it is well worth it!! especially if you move to a US/IOA hotel because you get front of the line at every ride with your room key which (in my opinion) is better than fast pass because you can walk right up anytime and go on and do as many rides as you want and not have to wait until a certain time and all. my kids love it! this summer we will be at Disney 12 days and US for 4 and can't wait!!:yay: :yay:

just noticed you are staying at one of the US hotels---yea!! no need for an express pass--it is on your room key!! have fun!

The end of October is a great time to go. The weather is still warm and the crowds are low. The parks do close early though -- between 6pm and 8pm on weekdays. Are you going to Halloween Horror Nights?

We don't stay onsite, and we usually spend 4-5 days at US/IOA out of a 2 week trip to Orlando. We have been to US/IOA many, many times so we just take things slow, and let our DDs decide the pace of things. The thing we enjoy most about our trips to US/IOA is that we don't have to do the park commando thing. If we sleep in late, we can get to the park at whatever time and still enjoy ourselves. We usually don't enjoy that comfort at WDW which requires much stricter planning.

Have a great trip!!!!

Would we need to stay at a Universal hotel if we go Easter week 2008 or mid Dec 2008?

Timing of trip will be based on $$ and or course if we need to stay at a Universal hotel for the FOTP then that means more $$...

Also, what are good deals for Universal hotels?

Would we need to stay at a Universal hotel if we go Easter week 2008 or mid Dec 2008?

Timing of trip will be based on $$ and or course if we need to stay at a Universal hotel for the FOTP then that means more $$...

Also, what are good deals for Universal hotels?

I would suggest you stay onsite if you visit Easter week 2008. Mid-December 2008, it probably wouldn't be necessary. I'm not sure of the rates at the Universal hotels because we always visit in the off-season so we've never stayed onsite. There is a Universal/IOA section a little further down on this board. If you post this question there, I'm sure someone will have info on the rates.

I think i saw that your kids were a little older. I would say you made the right choice with 6 and 4 nights. Older kids will probably like Universal better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter