7 month bookings more than 7 days

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
When can you book more than 7 nights at a non home resort. Looking to book 9 nights

You can book the first 7 nights at exactly 7 months, and then add on one night at a time until you have all 9. Or you can wait until 2 days after the 7 month date and book all 9 nights at once. I wouldn't take a chance with that though.

As mentioned, book your 7 nights right at 7 months and then modify and add days.

How does this work if I have an 8 night reservation that I want to modify to another resort at 7 months? Trying to book Beach Club 1BR so I’ll need to do it right at 7 months.

Should I rebook it as 7 nights and then a separate reservation for 1 more so I can modify the 7 night right at 7 months?

How does this work if I have an 8 night reservation that I want to modify to another resort at 7 months? Trying to book Beach Club 1BR so I’ll need to do it right at 7 months.

Should I rebook it as 7 nights and then a separate reservation for 1 more so I can modify the 7 night right at 7 months?
Assuming availability at BCV, you will be able to modify the current reservation to only 7 nights at exactly 7 months out, and you can do that even if you are changing an 8-night reservation -- you would just be modifying it to a 7-night reservation (the online modification section allows you to change room type, resort, dates, and/or number of nights). So you do not need to divide your current reservation into two reservations. The issue you have, assuming you can get those first 7 nights, is that you will not be able to get that 8th night added until the day after you do the first 7-night BCV reservation, and that night might disappear before you can make the addition.

Last edited:

The only reason to divide would be to ensure you at least have something booked for night 8 since when you modify at 7 months it’s going to only going to let you book 7 nights so that night will end up canceled.

If yo are not worried about that, then keep as is, get your 7 and hope the last night is still there next day or, at very lease rebook your home resort and waitlist it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter