7 Month Coming Up (4/3)

hope3702

Mouseketeer
Any chance for a BWalk or Beach Club trip? Can't ever get in here during this time...I would sell my SSR just to buy here because of it...If anyone is bored and can check availability that would be much appreciated...But I am assuming you will tell me "Sold Out" (one bedroom)

BWV 1 bedroom, 11/3 to 11/10:

Pool/Garden - 11/9 soldout
BW view - 11/8, 11/9 soldout
Standard view - 11/8, 11/9 soldout

Interesting. You would think the system would at least let us check availability of our non-home resorts at 7+ even if we can't reserve anything. I just tried it and you can't. I think that's worth bringing up with MS.

Interesting. You would think the system would at least let us check availability of our non-home resorts at 7+ even if we can't reserve anything. I just tried it and you can't. I think that's worth bringing up with MS.

Actually I think that's intentional because of the home resort advantage. It makes it even more obvious. And starts you thinking, I need to buy more points. :rotfl:

Seriously, DVC might not allow it because every time you select a villa, it pulls that room from the availability list. And then when you close without making the reservation the room goes back into the availability list. But for a while the room isn't available for anyone other than you to book it. So the only way you can see if a room is available is by being eligible to reserve the room. Therefore you have to wait until you are eligible to make a reservation at the 7 month mark.

Actually I think that's intentional because of the home resort advantage. It makes it even more obvious. And starts you thinking, I need to buy more points. :rotfl:

Seriously, DVC might not allow it because every time you select a villa, it pulls that room from the availability list. And then when you close without making the reservation the room goes back into the availability list. But for a while the room isn't available for anyone other than you to book it. So the only way you can see if a room is available is by being eligible to reserve the room. Therefore you have to wait until you are eligible to make a reservation at the 7 month mark.

OK. I can buy into that.

DVC has a policy against Member Services reps even providing availability information for those who are outside of the 7 month window. I think it's mostly about managing resources. With a hard line policy against providing information greater than 7 months out, you eliminate many web hits and phone calls. As soon as members find out that DVC won't tell them anything at 7+ months, they stop calling / searching.

But, if DVC did provide such information they would be dealing with 40-50 years' of phone calls and web queries from thousands of members hoping and praying that their room will remain available until they can actually book.

My 7 month window is also coming up soon and I have been checking every day for as far out as I can and BWV and BCV have very limited availability all throughout Oct so far - which is what I suspected. Hoping for a little better in Nov because MNSSHP will be over but I think I'm going to be out of luck with either Epcot resort. Hoping at least for BLT....:surfweb:

What would be the point if you could book? If the system showed availability and then it was gone when you went to book, you'd just be disapointed.

What would be the point if you could book? If the system showed availability and then it was gone when you went to book, you'd just be disapointed.

I think because if you check say 7 days out and all the days are sold out you won't sit around worrying about it, as it is highly unlikely all the days will come available. But say you check the day before and it is still open you know you still may have a chance and it gives you a little hope.

DVC has a policy against Member Services reps even providing availability information for those who are outside of the 7 month window. I think it's mostly about managing resources. With a hard line policy against providing information greater than 7 months out, you eliminate many web hits and phone calls. As soon as members find out that DVC won't tell them anything at 7+ months, they stop calling / searching.

But, if DVC did provide such information they would be dealing with 40-50 years' of phone calls and web queries from thousands of members hoping and praying that their room will remain available until they can actually book.

Exactly, searching anything before you can book is an exercise in futility and a waste of resources that we all pay for.

For 1BR BWV, 11/9 is gone for all, additonally 11/8 is gone for standard, and 11/4 is gone for BWV view.

I agree they shouldn't allow you to see anything until you hit 7 months...That is why I am checking with you guys :)

I'm giving up on BCV/Boardwalk...I will never stay there unless they add to it (During F/W)...

So now I'm on to WL...Never stayed there and would like to...Anything available: One bedroom...Nov 3-10

Many thanks...

We are currently booked for 11/3 - 11/10 in a one bedroom standard view at BWV and am hoping to switch resorts when our 7 month window opens. Can this be done online? If you see they have availability at another resort, do you have to cancel your other reservation first to use those points toward your new reservation? That would really make me nervous.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If I can find something else that we are interested in and able to book it, maybe the OP will get my reservation at BWV. :goodvibes

I want your reservation...That is a perfect match...Lets make a deal

I think you need to cancel that one then book somewhere else...I have the same situation but mine is at SSR...

I am trying to get either BC or BW for 5th November to 10th in a studio any view will do!!! Then we need a 2 bedroom from 10th Nov till the 16th. Anyone know if there is anything available??

I've got SSR booked exactly the same way if anyone wants a trade!!

BTW you disboard guys are the best! You know everything!! Makes it so much easier especially for us over in the UK where there is a lot less info! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter